Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just talk to them. Simple as that. As for what about them, are they gentle and kind? Is their compassion built strong from the inside with good morals, or are they just playing nice to get what they want?

·
Rustle Thy Jimmies
2,424 Posts
Younger me? Don't remember.

Current me: Hey. I like you. What's your number so I can text you next time I head out for beers or something. (Note, this applies to both platonic and romantic intents)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't need to say anything. I just stand behind them and follow them around. And if they ever look at me, I grin like the biggest creep. I don't need to talk to them to know everything about them. :ninja:

·
Registered
21 Posts
what does that accomplish and what methods do you learn about them without conversation?
It's either stalking or just standing next to them for a while and they tell you EVERYTHING. You wouldn't believe what people tell you just to break silence. You can even tie them up in a basement for better results. Pro strats.

Or just come up to them and say hi, I guess... That works 80% of the time...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm interesting, do you ever find yourself being that person who spills all the beans? what if you find someone who doesn't talk to talk/is comfortable with the silence?

what if they call the cops (just kidding, haha)
It's either stalking or just standing next to them for a while and they tell you EVERYTHING. You wouldn't believe what people tell you just to break silence. You can even tie them up in a basement for better results. Pro strats.

Or just come up to them and say hi, I guess... That works 80% of the time...

·
Registered
21 Posts
hmm interesting, do you ever find yourself being that person who spills all the beans?
Yeah, depends on the mood and the person I'm talking to. But I can talk about myself for hours to someone and after 13 years of seeing each other everyday that person tells me they don't know anything about me... So even if I tell everything, people think I'm joking. I feel like I've heard "You're just so mysterious" more often than "How are you?".

what if you find someone who doesn't talk to talk/is comfortable with the silence?
They won't leave as fast as everyone else, I guess. Or I will leave a lot faster... Because I like to listen. I've got two ears and only one mouth for a reason.

·
Registered
ISFP
1,789 Posts
Start with general questions that can turn into conversation. For example, “Where are you from?” That question can be interpreted in different ways which is fine. Some will tell you alot, some will be more reserved.

You can always talk about the weather. You may think that’s a cliche or unimaginative but it works. You start those conversations by making a joke about the weather, like sarcasm. “Thought I already showered.” “That sun is cooking a dinner.” “I know where you can get a good tan.”

If you see someone that needs help or directions, help them immediately. Don’t second guess, just try to be helpful even if you have to lead them to someone else that could help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i listen to see if there's a conversation i can slide into and do it. i admittedly often base my friendships initially on shared interests (especially music). i try not to come on too strong, as i've been told i intimidate potential friends because i have no sense of volume control, so i usually try to make it slick, like "accidentally" overhearing they like the band i do, etc.

like i said similar interests catch my eye or if their personality and vibe is interesting to me i'll find a way to talk to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! For me it was always simple... If I wanna show my interest to a man - I look at him and start to smile as soon as he starts to look at me. Here is no any secret at all. But one important thing is to be sure that that man is interested in you, before starting to smile of course))) Otherwise, it will look stupid))

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll just observe and listen to everyone... Then if anything interesting gets talked about then I'll try to get involved and take things from there/If someone is having a laugh then I'll try to join in when I can by sharing some humour... I can say hi but usually to people who say it enough to me/I know who will respond otherwise I will be like "Well I won't be saying hi to you again" rather than getting upset by their ignorance...Sometimes if I walk pass people I'll put a brave face on which sometimes gets a response/try to smile which doesn't really come out well... Just absolutely useless at expressing myself and making conversation lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts