Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, as an infp, am wonderfully cluttered. My computer is no exception, as I have loads and load of files, saved in random places. Not a fan of deleting stuff. I also have a tendency of saving to my desktop. So frequently my wall paper will be covered in icons :D. Anyone else have a case of computer clutter?

·
Registered
49 Posts
lets find out---search says I have two folders labeled "crap" (522MB) and "random crap" (11.42GB) so about 12GB of crap. I have 21 untitled folders (hmm I think I consolidated some of them previously, I thought there would be more) though the numbers only go up to "untitled 10" so I have numerous folders with the same name in the lower numbers. Pictures are also a mess, thousands and just in random number folders also.

My 120GB hard drive is full (I actually thought it was 200 so I don't feel so bad now)...I've deleted stuff several times in the last months because it gets too full to save stuff or run programs. I have a 500GB external that I think has about 150GB used but a lot of that is important stuff; I tried (keyword tried) to keep that organized and at-least nothing unimportant-I believe that one only has one "crap" or "untitled" folder on it.

I wish my brain had a search function C:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
My desktop isn't half bad,

However, from torrents to pictures, things are ridiculously messy in the hidden confines of my hard drive.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My computer was tragically stolen in March :'( :'( :'(. I have been a bit of a mess since.

But, I kept it incredibly organized. I had maybe 10 folders on my desktop, labelled "Photography" and "Writing" and "Music" and "School" and "Misc art" etc. Inside those folders were subfolders. I had tons of photos and tons of music, and those were the two things that comprised most of my harddrive. You have no idea how much I cannot wait to buy a new one, though that was the first computer I bought on my own and I loved it so fucking much, and I always have a hard time replacing things so dear to me like that.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I don't really keep track of the crap I download or where I save things. But every once in a while, I go through and organize things a bit, clear the recycle bin, delete un-needed stuff, check for viruses, etc...

Reactions: FiNe SiTe

·
Registered
751 Posts
My sister used a third of the computer's total memory on pictures she downloaded from the net but she deleted all of them. Waiting fourty minutes for your computer to load up really tries your patience.

My folder for my work is very small, most of my work exists inside my head (it's a huge, empty cave so there is plenty of room for it.) Even the games installed don't really take up that much.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think that computers have so much space nowadays that unless you're into saving video clips of downloading DVDs then it is very much a case of having too much - I have an old PC with just 25 GB of space and that has been sufficient for nearly 10 years

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

My music and Picture folders get more of a mess but I do sort them out when I can be bothered. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
lets find out---search says I have two folders labeled "crap" (522MB) and "random crap" (11.42GB) so about 12GB of crap. I have 21 untitled folders (hmm I think I consolidated some of them previously, I thought there would be more) though the numbers only go up to "untitled 10" so I have numerous folders with the same name in the lower numbers. Pictures are also a mess, thousands and just in random number folders also.

My 120GB hard drive is full (I actually thought it was 200 so I don't feel so bad now)...I've deleted stuff several times in the last months because it gets too full to save stuff or run programs. I have a 500GB external that I think has about 150GB used but a lot of that is important stuff; I tried (keyword tried) to keep that organized and at-least nothing unimportant-I believe that one only has one "crap" or "untitled" folder on it.

I wish my brain had a search function C:
This causes me physical discomfort. :D

·
Registered
15,664 Posts
Crap? lol... oh no. It's all fantastic, great *stuff* I've downloaded. Katz forum is one of my fav places, need I say more? Bookmarks seem to be a problem for me tho. I always have the thought - what an interesting site, can't lose that! - I'll bookmark it, then forget about it as I load up other sites. My estimate -- I have 10,000 bookmarks.

I have 136GB free of 285GB. Computer is about 5 months old.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Actually my computer is 'relatively' organized. It is usually a work in progress. It used to be worse but I have over 2 terabytes worth of data spread between 2 internal hard drives and 1 external, and I would never get anything done if I just let it stay a total mess.

About once every week or two I go and just take the time to put any stray files where they need to be.

·
Registered
444 Posts
its just like everything else: there's a solid attempt at good organization. But often times things just get placed where its easy and it clutters things up. my desktop is super clean, but my documents....yikes haha.

My photos [and music to a degree] are one of the exceptions. very organized. it makes it easy to sift through them and find what I need.

·
Registered
233 Posts
its just like everything else: there's a solid attempt at good organization. But often times things just get placed where its easy and it clutters things up. my desktop is super clean, but my documents....yikes haha.
^^ pretty much sums it up for me too!

I know one thing though... I can't seem to delete anything I acquire in the download sense. I just end up buying more and more HDs...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I, as an infp, am wonderfully cluttered. My computer is no exception, as I have loads and load of files, saved in random places. Not a fan of deleting stuff. I also have a tendency of saving to my desktop. So frequently my wall paper will be covered in icons :D. Anyone else have a case of computer clutter?
I can say exactly what you say. I have lots and lots of things wich I'm not able do delete, and they're all over my computer in random places.

Also, this is my desktop:

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
i'm currently using 100GB of 120GB on my hard drive...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I can say exactly what you say. I have lots and lots of things wich I'm not able do delete, and they're all over my computer in random places.

Also, this is my desktop:

My desktop resembles this, except the files are randomly distributed instead of being in columns and rows.

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
My computer is incredibly cluttered, I guess--I save everything. However, I never save anything to my desktop (hate the appearance of clutter) and everything is very particularly organized. Not that my organization methods aren't a bit weird... Aside from my music collection, the file with the most stuff in it is called "Pretty Things," and out of that I have "Pretty People," "Pretty Places," "Pretty Clothing & Jewelry," "Pretty Words," etc. Out of "Pretty Places," there is a folder for "inside" photos and "outside" photos. And so on. I have a lot of levels of organization, so much so that I may have actually gone overboard...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts