Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.................................................. ...

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Well, it's really easy to figure out actually... Both the INTP's and the INFP's first need is to order the external information they receive internally before doing anything with it. So they are both VERY introverted and constanly processing the stimuli they receive from the outside world. The only important difference between the two is how they process this information:

-The INFP's dominant function is introverted feeling (Fi); this function is constantly assesing and ordening the external stimuli by feeling/emotion. The INFP constantly asks him- or herself the question: How do I feel about this? Does this correspondent with my beliefs and values? What does this mean to me personally? They also fear anything that threatens to defy their personal beliefs and values or ,more accurately, they fear whatever defies their feelings about themselves and their perspective. They fear that the logic/view of the other people will eventually make their beliefs and values obsolete because this would mean their identity would fade away against the cruel and cold standards of society.When they are shown to be wrong/bad/evil/hypocrite through logic they will feel as though they have lost themselves and failed at fulfilling their most fudemental purpose: to be a good person.

-The INTP's dominant function is introverted thinking (Ti); this function is also constantly assesing and ordening the external stimuli, but does so in a completely different way. Ti makes us think about how the stimuli correspondent with previous gathered information about the world. 'Does this logically fit in my 'building plan'/the map I made of reality?', 'What is my own role in this?' and 'What is truth/reality?' are the questions that an INTP asks him-/herself. The INTP is also the mirror image of the INFP when it comes to what they fear most in a personal way: the INTP fears his own emotions because they can't be fully controlled or comprehensed in a logical way and because they threaten his/her clear vision of the truth/reality. They are also unable to appreciate 'illogical' emotional displays by others and will be fast to label such displays as 'theatrical'. However when they themself become emotional and 'lose themselves' in the process (which will happen when an INTP is under a lot of stress) they will be dazzled and confused. They can't handle fierce emotions because this will give the the impression that they have failed in becoming a truthful/objective person (which is their goal in life).

So what way of processing information comes closer to your own way of processing information?

btw Being good or bad at maths has nothing to do with your type...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very informative! And i do both of them...but i do the second one first so i guess INTP? Yeah i guess ill just stick with an INTP that is in touch with her emotions...and i was just going with the stereotypes everyone keeps naming for INTPS...im sure they don't have to be...thank you!:cool:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Very informative! And i do both of them...but i do the second one first so i guess INTP? Yeah i guess ill just stick with an INTP that is in touch with her emotions...and i was just going with the stereotypes everyone keeps naming for INTPS...im sure they don't have to be...thank you!:cool:
Everybody has the ability to think/feel in both ways. So you would indeed have the choose the function that's most apparent in your own thinking. But INTPs have a VERY primitive Fi and the INFPs have an eaqually primitive Ti, so you'll probably be able to tell which type you are with a minimal amount of self-knowledge (since both types are excellent at introspecting).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts