Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well at the end it doesnt matter, beeing proud of "famous/celebrities that have your same MBTI type" its like beeing proud of other people without "relationwithyou" achievements. Only matter the things that you accomplish... its also a self steem boost throught other people (kinda patetic)...

Reactions: Flora

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
That only implies that INTJs are more likely to search for famous people of their type on Google

(actually nvm.....it implies that people in general are more likely to search for "famous intjs" than famous ISFJs.....)

but if you look at the results, famouse isfjs return 171,000 results whereas famous intjs only return 14,800 which is understandable since there are many more isfjs than intjs

but really in the final analysis, who the hell cares

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Well at the end it doesnt matter, beeing proud of "famous/celebrities that have your same MBTI type" its like beeing proud of other people without "relationwithyou" achievements. Only matter the things that you accomplish... its also a self steem boost throught other people (kinda patetic)...
I don't think that it is a self esteem boost for me. When I discovered personality typing I was quite excited to find out that some of my more favorite people in the world (if only fictional in most cases) shared my personality type, I thought it was quite neat.

·
Registered
705 Posts
lol at some of these responses

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was never interested in real people who shared my type, I was all

"Oooh! I'm the same type as The Doctor! And Jack Sparrow! And House (possibly)!"

Yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I was never interested in real people who shared my type, I was all

"Oooh! I'm the same type as The Doctor! And Jack Sparrow! And House (possibly)!"

Yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd.
I would classify Jack Sparrow as an ESTP actually, could be wrong but that's my opinion.

What makes you think he is ENTP?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would classify Jack Sparrow as an ESTP actually, could be wrong but that's my opinion.

What makes you think he is ENTP?
I wasn't sure at first, but apart from making up plans on the fly, I always identified his 'fountain of youth' chasing as more N than S. I'm never very good at that distinction though, so I could easily be wrong.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I wasn't sure at first, but apart from making up plans on the fly, I always identified his 'fountain of youth' chasing as more N than S. I'm never very good at that distinction though, so I could easily be wrong.
He always came off as more of an SP tactician rather than an NT strategist to me. Plus he is incredibly impulsive, and incredibly lucky lol. The chaos that surrounds him all of the time always seemed more ESTP to me than ENTP.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
He always came off as more of an SP tactician rather than an NT strategist to me. Plus he is incredibly impulsive, and incredibly lucky lol. The chaos that surrounds him all of the time always seemed more ESTP to me than ENTP.
I always got the sense that he always knew more than he let on. Also, the way he speaks is very clever. I definitely see how people think of him as an ENTP and an ESTP. Either he is an extremely well developed ESTP or an extremely well developed ENTP. Either way he is an amazing character.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thing is, whenever I think of pirates I think of SP. Sparrow seems, to me, to be such an unusual pirate - so much so that everyone else in the series comments on it. Having ruminated on this matter further, I believe that the thing that makes me think he's ENTP is his solutions to problems nobody else can figure out - for example, when he comes up with flipping the Black Pearl at the beginning of At World's End. That screams Ne to me much more than Se.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Thing is, whenever I think of pirates I think of SP. Sparrow seems, to me, to be such an unusual pirate - so much so that everyone else in the series comments on it. Having ruminated on this matter further, I believe that the thing that makes me think he's ENTP is his solutions to problems nobody else can figure out - for example, when he comes up with flipping the Black Pearl at the beginning of At World's End. That screams Ne to me much more than Se.
Yea that is true, but remember we don't solely rely on our major functions all of the time, what's more is that he stared at that map for a while and when he was just messing with it he flipped it upside down and that's where he got the idea from.

Another example of my ESTP theory is his lack of forethought into the second movie. A strategist (NT) would have already brokered a deal with Davy Jones well before his 13 years were up. A tactician (SP) would wait until it was almost time, then figure something out lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yea that is true, but remember we don't solely rely on our major functions all of the time, what's more is that he stared at that map for a while and when he was just messing with it he flipped it upside down and that's where he got the idea from.

Another example of my ESTP theory is his lack of forethought into the second movie. A strategist (NT) would have already brokered a deal with Davy Jones well before his 13 years were up. A tactician (SP) would wait until it was almost time, then figure something out lol.
I'm not sure I agree with this - it seems, to me, to be more of a J/P thing. I can as easily picture an xNTP leaving it to the last moment as I can see a xSTJ planning years ahead.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I'm not sure I agree with this - it seems, to me, to be more of a J/P thing. I can as easily picture an xNTP leaving it to the last moment as I can see a xSTJ planning years ahead.
Yes that is true, however when it comes to 100 years of servitude even me as an INTP would be brokering out a deal as quickly as fucking possible lol.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
That just means there were probably more INTJs than ISFJs seeking validation of their type by googling celebrities with their type.

If you'll notice:
"famous isfjs" - About 350,000 results
"famous intjs" - About 14,800 results

hmm. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts