Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to post this thread because I was at work today, and all of sudden an idea popped across my mind. I have the most INFP job I can probably think of. I work at a flower nursery lol, I take care of plants, water them, aerate them, sell them, transport them, etc. I got the job by accident actually, I never really intended on working at a flower nursery, but they offered me a job and so I took it. I need to save up money for college. Yuck.

So, I am curious, what do other INFPs here do as a job?

Reactions: Pop Crimes

·
Banned
526 Posts
wow that is pretty INFP i must say lmao. I'm also curious as to what jobs INFP's here have (and whether they survive them, ha).

·
Registered
602 Posts
ive only worked in retail so far, customer service/sales floor etc...its fun dealing with customers and selling things and help figuring out what they need....what i do hate about my job is the drama, i fuckin hate when ppl bring their personal lives to work

·
Registered
28 Posts
i work as a lifeguard. i love and hate it.

i love some of the people and i love a lot of the little kids i see at the pool. but i hate having to yell at them. i can be a bit of a push over when it comes to rule breakers, but i'm getting better at it. i also get a little freaked out having the responsibility of having all these peoples lives in my hands essentially.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I did work at a call center. That is not a job for an infp. Sure you're helping people by leaving messages and all, but people can be rude and you have to take it and be get pushed over. Plus you are stuck at a desk with headphones on for hours and you get really short breaks.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I worked at a dry cleaners, but was laid off. I can't see to get a job now!

Reactions: Azura Nova

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I did work at a call center. That is not a job for an infp. Sure you're helping people by leaving messages and all, but people can be rude and you have to take it and be get pushed over. Plus you are stuck at a desk with headphones on for hours and you get really short breaks.
I work at a call center currently. The rudeness makes me laugh as does the stupidity of people (unless I'm already in a bad mood then it makes me want to cry =P) but the short breaks kill me. We get 5 min breaks & half hour lunches and sitting at a desk for such long periods of time is very challenging :bored:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the animal medical field....and I LOVE the animals but hate working with people. I enjoy the healing aspect of my job, but despise having to hear all the personal human problems that accompany the pets.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I work at a call center currently. The rudeness makes me laugh as does the stupidity of people (unless I'm already in a bad mood then it makes me want to cry =P) but the short breaks kill me. We get 5 min breaks & half hour lunches and sitting at a desk for such long periods of time is very challenging :bored:
Wow that's less break time than I had. You're stronger than me.
Oh gosh, I actually do miss some of the crazy people.:laughing: Once a guy called in complaining he didn't want to be on Shriner's Hospital's mailing list anymore because they sent him a card that said "Happy Holidays" and not "Merry Christmas". Best day ever.
Also some of those businesses we answered for just thinking about them now makes my head hurt. I hate Sunbelt with a passion.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm jobless at the moment. My last real job was at a Subway (the sandwich shop not a metro). It was awful, not because of the clients (some of them were extremely nice to me) but because of my co-workers... They were all girls and they were really mean to me. Perhaps it's just me that is not used to a real job XD but they used to yell at me in front of clients (mostly because I sucked at cutting bread and was too generous with the toppings). They would also get mad at me when I didn't know how to do something nobody had teached me how to do. Anyways I got fired XD and the boss told me I had excellent customer service (probably to make the news of firing me go down easier)

Since then, I've done a couple of paid photoshoots for couples, teens, pregnant ladies and etc. But way not enough to live off it. I'm currently heading towards a job at Walmart because no one else wants to hire me :/

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
My first job was at a small homemade ice cream place near my house. I worked there for two years and that was enough for me. It got boring fast so I jumped at the chance to work at CVS when my friend got me a job. I am a cashier, but I mostly just develop photos when I work. It's not too bad.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My #1 job is being a student. I also type reports for a vocational expert, and work for a concert promoter once in a while (my unofficial title: "hospitality babe" - the job mostly involves grocery shopping for bands, and making dressing rooms nice n' cozy.)

Other jobs I have worked: waitress at a nursing home; waitress at a dinner theater; barista; department store portrait photographer (read: nightmare baby/obnoxious mom wrangler); seller of affordably priced home goods from distant locales (read: China); visual merchandiser of affordably priced goods from distant locales; buyer/seller/trader of vintage (read: used) clothing; dry-cleaner; bagel-baker; industrial design intern (read: Printing Studio Bitch).

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but those were the most interesting.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I don't have a job now but I'm trying to find one. I want to focus more on graduating this coming fall/spring semesters.

My first job was a paper route. It was OK. Great money for an 8th grader though. Did it for around 2 years. I guess I was getting late delivering the papers and customers complained so they fired me.

My next job was a cashier at a grocery store. This job was mostly fun even though it got extremely busy at times, especially during the holidays. At first I was only a bagger and then they had me collect carts. The people were so nice (to me at least). I went out of town with my family for two weeks and when I came back I didn't call in to say I was back, so they fired me.

I had some other miscellaneous jobs, but they are not worth mentioning.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I recently got a job in a corner shop. Very lucky I got it. I really only got it because I handed my CV in and I think they wanted to hire someone as soon as possible. I probably wont have it for more than a few months because I only work mondays and if I go to uni (which I'm hoping to do as long as I can afford it) I wont be able to work mondays. So now I really need a Saturday job/

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm a tutor/teacher at a Sylvan learning center. I actually enjoy this job, and the plan is to get into teaching/education. The only problem is it is part time, at most I can get about 25 or so hours a week... and this rarely happens.

The money also isn't great, but I'm not one to complain about money. 95% of the students have great attitudes, and the rest are often entertaining... even when they aren't following what I tell them. I get to talk about what I'm most interested in Math... I get to creatively come up with explanations of these math concepts. Overall I'm very happy working in the teaching capacity, it fits me better than I ever thought it would. It fits so well that it is one of main reasons I think I'm an INFP... I don't think INTPs would have this sort of patience or natural compassion for their students...

I don't have a teacher certification yet, but the plan is to get one of those and go into education. I'm hoping the politics and "by the book" nature of the American Educational system doesn't send me running in the other direction... because math education is about the closest I've ever felt to having a "calling" in this world... and teaching I'm good at... everything else that goes with teaching... I'm not so sure...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm jobless at the moment. My last real job was at a Subway (the sandwich shop not a metro). It was awful, not because of the clients (some of them were extremely nice to me) but because of my co-workers... They were all girls and they were really mean to me. Perhaps it's just me that is not used to a real job XD but they used to yell at me in front of clients (mostly because I sucked at cutting bread and was too generous with the toppings). They would also get mad at me when I didn't know how to do something nobody had teached me how to do. Anyways I got fired XD and the boss told me I had excellent customer service (probably to make the news of firing me go down easier)

Since then, I've done a couple of paid photoshoots for couples, teens, pregnant ladies and etc. But way not enough to live off it. I'm currently heading towards a job at Walmart because no one else wants to hire me :/
Ouch, I hate when other people have to dump on the new guy/gal to make themselves feel better. That shows that they are pretty low life forms.

Don't get down on yourself, sounds like you are just trying to give clients the service they deserve and your co-workers were being unprofessional. I'm not really sure what the boss's deal was.

Mean people are mean, I wish you luck in finding some more decent people to work with.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I work at my dad's furniture store. : D It's pretty interesting dealing with customers.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My first job was at a small homemade ice cream place near my house. I worked there for two years and that was enough for me. It got boring fast so I jumped at the chance to work at CVS when my friend got me a job. I am a cashier, but I mostly just develop photos when I work. It's not too bad.
What your job is to develop photos! I'm jealous!

Ouch, I hate when other people have to dump on the new guy/gal to make themselves feel better. That shows that they are pretty low life forms.

Don't get down on yourself, sounds like you are just trying to give clients the service they deserve and your co-workers were being unprofessional. I'm not really sure what the boss's deal was.

Mean people are mean, I wish you luck in finding some more decent people to work with.
Thanks for the encouragement! It took me quite a while to leave those bad memories behind, my friends didn't understand why I wouldn't look for a job right way. It actually took me about 2 years to try and find a real job *sigh.
They did pick on me because I was new, they hadn't hired someone for a about a year so all of them were Subway Veterans XD. That job made me sick, I couldn't sleep anymore and I had the worst tummy aches everytime I had to work, so I was kind of glad when I got fired :crazy:.

·
Banned
526 Posts
Magic Camp counselor - coolest environment ever. Technically at age 15 I couldn't legally work anywhere, but this camp they paid me very little to basically lead kids around and have fun with them which was really awesome. There were always random professional magicians and jugglers doing shows at the end of the day and that's all we did was learn magic and juggling. I still question why they let us 15 years olds be in charge of 10 kids at a time per day though lmao.

Papa Johns - First real job I had. Had some fun moments, like the time I decided that we should make a 6ft long breadstick (the type of oven allowed for this...while one side was coming out of the oven the other side was going in lmao!).

Steak n Shake - Had to wear the gayest black bow tie and uniform. Was utter hell when it was busy...sometimes the lines were out the door and I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Multi tasking out the ass and too fast paced for me. Eventually they stopped giving me hours, probably because me and this other INFP were constantly talking about how we honestly wouldn't care if we got fired (and one time i totally forgot to type in the order of this 10 person table!)

Lifeguard - Was REALLY boring, but the laid back nature of it fit me well. Noone ever drowns...well actually there was this one kid who was having trouble swimming in the middle of the pool and I had to rush over and toss the red thing over to him and pull him to the side.

HEB Deli - Got fired for making a sandwich during my break (using meat that they were gunna throw away anyways.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts