Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Yeah. They are rather rare. The sosx at least is. We do have a decent amount of sosp' but very few of the sosx. I'm not sure why that is though. It can be that historically speaking you'd be the men who would had been the 1st to fight for a community ideology and therefore died amongs the first as heros who never got to breed kids before death.

There is a difference between the sosx and the sosp that could be further discussed by those whom are on those instincts.

My call on the groups would be sub grouping them either with dom instinct like it's been done, by lacking instinct, or by same secondary instinct. I can't tell what is sane, or if any of it is that, but could be done for the sake of laughs.

·
Banned
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am yet to fully subscribe to this instinct matter but i do think i am SO/SP. Which is an odd because as far as i see the pattern, most SO are EXFX.

Anyway, does anybody have a clue why there aren't so many SO? At least in this forum?
@ZiLi and all, any good reading on SO topic, i may need to read more.

Sent sans PC

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am yet to fully subscribe to this instinct matter but i do think i am SO/SP. Which is an odd because as far as i see the pattern, most SO are EXFX.

Anyway, does anybody have a clue why there aren't so many SO? At least in this forum?
@ZiLi and all, any good reading on SO topic, i may need to read more.

Sent sans PC
That is interesting! Well even if you are SO there is nothing wrong with that and being an INTJ. I think that probably means your more well rounded than anything else.

I think cuz So gets alot of shit. So maybe there's more but they just don't say.
Oh, I didn't know that? Why do SO's get more shit?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
That is interesting! Well even if you are SO there is nothing wrong with that and being an INTJ. I think that probably means your more well rounded than anything else.

Oh, I didn't know that? Why do SO's get more shit?
People with So last and Sx first, idk there are alot of them on the forums, not just this one but in general and one major topic they like to discuss is how much shit So is and So ppl are lol. It's like a form of bonding.

You don't see the same passion for what ppl with Sp last think of Sp or ppl with Sx last think of Sx.

·
Registered
530 Posts
People with So last and Sx first, idk there are alot of them on the forums, not just this one but in general and one major topic they like to discuss is how much shit So is and So ppl are lol. It's like a form of bonding.

You don't see the same passion for what ppl with Sp last think of Sp or ppl with Sx last think of Sx.
That is so sad :( Well they probably just want to complain about something and since there are so few people with so they can do that.

Well, I guess maybe I have a different understanding of So but I think we care about people a lot. So is all about groups, team working and working together. We appreciate communication and value group understanding. If you just have everyone focused on-one-one communication that is how factions are formed. I think there is a need for all three :)

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
That is so sad :( Well they probably just want to complain about something and since there are so few people with so they can do that.

Well, I guess maybe I have a different understanding of So but I think we care about people a lot. So is all about groups, team working and working together. We appreciate communication and value group understanding. If you just have everyone focused on-one-one communication that is how factions are formed. I think there is a need for all three :)
Yea.

I'm just saying I don't think So is rare, or that there's not alot of Sos. I think that people get into instinctual variants and see SX folks roaring at the top of their lungs how cool it is to be SX, and how shit it is to be So, and then some people just don't look into it enough or talk about it because the popular opinion is their IV stack is shit lol. Is it actually shit? How can an IV stack be shit? It's just your stack.

It's like being a Justin Bieber fan at a hardcore metal concert lol. You quietly step backwards and leave once everybody starts spitting on your favorite songs.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's like being a Justin Bieber fan at a hardcore metal concert lol. You quietly step backwards and leave once everybody starts spitting on your favorite songs.
HAHAHAHA :laughing: I think that was a great analogy! I totally agree with you and that makes sense. I was talking with someone earlier when I first joined and they were saying the same about the MBTI INTJ type as well. So, I get it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yea.

I'm just saying I don't think So is rare, or that there's not alot of Sos. I think that people get into instinctual variants and see SX folks roaring at the top of their lungs how cool it is to be SX, and how shit it is to be So, and then some people just don't look into it enough or talk about it because the popular opinion is their IV stack is shit lol. Is it actually shit? How can an IV stack be shit? It's just your stack.

This is my suspicion. I don't think SO doms are incredibly rare on this forum or anywhere else, I think that SO is equal parts misunderstood and maligned and as a result posters either don't want to identify as having it in their stack, or are unable to recognize it because they don't really get what it is and how it can manifest through the types.

Until people let go of the thought that to be SO is to be an in-clique girl from a '90s teen drama and that bog standard tribal bullshit like status jockeying and manipulation is the sole province of SO (SX and SP would never ever of course! :eek:h:), fewer people are going to want to identify as SO... regardless whether it's the most accurate label for them per most of the literature or not.

Having a natural preoccupation with/sensitivity to group dynamics incl. power dynamics does not necessarily mean you will want to be actively engaged in them all the time or succumb to them easily yourself. Sometimes it just makes you good at seeing them, where they exist but where others overlook them even while subconsciously participating in them... which can lead to one getting rather sick of them, depending on other factors.

Anyway: I'm probably SO/SX, or that was my thought the last time I did really think about it. I could be SX/SO. I'm definitely (wildly) SP deficient though so there's no denying it's in there for me.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
This is my suspicion. I don't think SO doms are incredibly rare on this forum or anywhere else, I think that SO is equal parts misunderstood and maligned and as a result posters either don't want to identify as having it in their stack, or are unable to recognize it because they don't really get what it is and how it can manifest through the types.

Until people let go of the thought that to be SO is to be an in-clique girl from a '90s teen drama and that bog standard tribal bullshit like status jockeying and manipulation is the sole province of SO (SX and SP would never ever of course! :eek:h:), fewer people are going to want to identify as SO... regardless whether it's the most accurate label for them per most of the literature or not.

Having a natural preoccupation with/sensitivity to group dynamics incl. power dynamics does not necessarily mean you will want to be actively engaged in them all the time or succumb to them easily yourself. Sometimes it just makes you good at seeing them, where they exist but where others overlook them even while subconsciously participating in them... which can lead to one getting rather sick of them, depending on other factors.

Anyway: I'm probably SO/SX, or that was my thought the last time I did really think about it. I could be SX/SO. I'm definitely (wildly) SP deficient though so there's no denying it's in there for me.
Yea, I see other people claim they want no parts in group dynamics and don't see they are part of it anyway all the time.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Yea.

Seriously, Sx is so glorified on this forum and in almost every Enneagram circle I’ve been a part of. From what I’ve seen, most people who act online like they’re the most intense, obsessive, and “sexual” in everything they do, and therefore MUST be sx, tend to be quite tame once you see past their facade. I bet half the people who type themselves as Sx aren’t even that type, and are more likely Sx-secondary.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Seriously, Sx is so glorified on this forum and in almost every Enneagram circle I’ve been a part of. From what I’ve seen, most people who act online like they’re the most intense, obsessive, and “sexual” in everything they do, and therefore MUST be sx, tend to be quite tame once you see past their facade. I bet half the people who type themselves as Sx aren’t even that type, and are more likely Sx-secondary.
I can be extremely intense, in a comfortable and appropriate manner. My intenseness doesn't smear itself OVER others. I really dislike when people smear their shit over everything with zero thought on the consequense of permanent isolation. 'Damn SXs! Burn ya selfs or chill down, naow!'

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Social instinct finally get their own thread and what's the first thing they do with it?

Talk about themselves? Further the understanding of So (as Sx doms did recently in our thread)?

No, first order of business on the topic of So is: bash Sx.

I can't say I'm surprised.

People with Sx So first...like to discuss is how much shit So Sx is and So Sx ppl are lol. It's like a form of bonding.
Fixed.

If anyone would care to go over the sx threads they'll find it's actually almost always So dominants ankle biting Sx dominants rather than the reverse. I wonder if you imagine it's the reverse bc of how reading about Sx makes you feel:

Sx says: I jump off the roof, lol.
So hears: I'm cool, you aren't (or 'I'm different' which So don't like to hear?)

I suspect So dominants, due to their nature, can have an internal negative reaction to Sx dominants and feel some need to cut us down (especially with the 'group monitoring' quality often found in So). Although I'll note some social dominants appear more tolerant of 'individuals'/'differentness' than others.

From what I’ve seen, most people who act online like they’re the most intense, obsessive, and “sexual” in everything they do, and therefore MUST be sx, tend to be quite tame once you see past their facade.
I hope you've factored for the nature of the instinct: Sx dominants often can't reveal what's behind their (public) facade. With certain things we can only allude to it at best. Our very nature can be considered 'publicly unacceptable' which is exactly where the So 'policing' can get started.

There's a damned if you do, damned if you don't set up being created here: if you try to show your sx nature you're "crazy" or "exaggeration personified" or something else negative. If you don't (fully) show it, you're a mistype or "glorifying".

As you can see in this thread, according to So, Sx should be ashamed of/change our nature. But how can a Sx dominant use So values to judge ourselves? I can laugh at myself, I can calculate the odds of my life going towards tragedy but what I can't do is self-reject or alter my instinct. Which means this is all just simple feel-good-about-yourself 'us vs them' bashing.

I bet half the people who type themselves as Sx aren’t even that type, and are more likely Sx-secondary.
On this we agree (Riso/Hudson said half of sx dominants are mistyped due to poor Sx descriptions).

I hope this thread gets back on topic. I'd love to understand So better.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I do wonder how So/Sx or So/Sp shows itself? Like especially So/Sx? I guess I am curious as to how the group dynamic can morph in an intense one-one interaction? Just someone who can easily adapt to both scenarios?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Social instinct finally get their own thread and what's the first thing they do with it?

Talk about themselves? Further the understanding of So (as Sx doms did recently in our thread)?

No, first order of business on the topic of So is: bash Sx.

I can't say I'm surprised.

Fixed.

If anyone would care to go over the sx threads they'll find it's actually almost always So dominants ankle biting Sx dominants rather than the reverse. I wonder if you imagine it's the reverse bc of how reading about Sx makes you feel:

Sx says: I jump off the roof, lol.
So hears: I'm cool, you aren't (or 'I'm different' which So don't like to hear?)

I suspect So dominants, due to their nature, can have an internal negative reaction to Sx dominants and feel some need to cut us down (especially with the 'group monitoring' quality often found in So). Although I'll note some social dominants appear more tolerant of 'individuals'/'differentness' than others.

I hope you've factored for the nature of the instinct: Sx dominants often can't reveal what's behind their (public) facade. With certain things we can only allude to it at best. Our very nature can be considered 'publicly unacceptable' which is exactly where the So 'policing' can get started.

There's a damned if you do, damned if you don't set up being created here: if you try to show your sx nature you're "crazy" or "exaggeration personified" or something else negative. If you don't (fully) show it, you're a mistype or "glorifying".

As you can see in this thread, according to So, Sx should be ashamed of/change our nature. But how can a Sx dominant use So values to judge ourselves? I can laugh at myself, I can calculate the odds of my life going towards tragedy but what I can't do is self-reject or alter my instinct. Which means this is all just simple feel-good-about-yourself 'us vs them' bashing.

On this we agree (Riso/Hudson said half of sx dominants are mistyped due to poor Sx descriptions).

I hope this thread gets back on topic. I'd love to understand So better.
These are the same old complaints you hear everywhere. Sx does this alot. You think this Sx "bashing" would exist if Sx didn't bash So, since that's what the complaining in this thread is about anyway. I don't think so.

You can even go to another enneagram forum and see Sx folks "SO, ugh, I can't vibe with those ppl, SO ppl ugh so fake, SO ppl are the worst ugh....." just give it a rest.

Understanding So is simple, So sees group dynamics and the roles people fill in a group.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts