Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
So it seems like with ESTJs everything is a case closed scenario. Am I right? (I highly doubt it).
What do you mean by "a case closed scenario"? Explain.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Everything is cut & dry,
Only if you upset us or refused to cooperate.

black & white, or just easily justified in the eyes of the ESTJ, no theories, but cold hard facts, right?
Unlike what others think, we do have some considerations before we made a decision. The decision was made base on facts, the common ethics, justice, the effects to other people with similar cases, and the impacts to others in the future.

People who doesn't understand the process of the decision making will usually hate us for the decision. They think we're being cold hearted. But we think that we're just do what we think is right, not just for ourselves, but also for other people.

·
Registered
547 Posts
People who doesn't understand the process of the decision making will usually hate us for the decision. They think we're being cold hearted. But we think that we're just do what we think is right, not just for ourselves, but also for other people.
This is why i often come to blows with my ISTJ dad (even if i love him). It is sometimes hard to make him understand that a solution for him could sometimes not be a solution for someone else. And when he's full of good intentions and forces people to do what should be good for them by taking the initiative for others, he doesn't understand why people get angry at him and become avoidant. And so afterwards he's angry at the whole world.

Reactions: tryn2bme

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
This is why i often come to blows with my ISTJ dad (even if i love him). It is sometimes hard to make him understand that a solution for him could sometimes not be a solution for someone else. And when he's full of good intentions and forces people to do what should be good for them by taking the initiative for others, he doesn't understand why people get angry at him and become avoidant. And so afterwards he's angry at the whole world.
I know what you're talking about. And I agree. ESTJ must learn that they can't save the whole world and not everyone wanted to be saved. We must learn to believe that each person has their own way to survive. And that is hard, I'm telling ya.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree completely. There are some topics that I just wont budge on, but everyone has there own morals that they wont budge from whether they're and ESTJ or not. If someone tells me it upsets them, then I usually take longer making the decision. But that description above about how it seems closed, but is actually a careful decision making is so dead on. People always get mad at me because they think i'm being conceited by just assuming I'm right when I say something, but in fact I wont say it unless I have come to the conclusion that it is completely right. We tend to be perfectionists and don't like being wrong, so therefore chosing a right answer is very important.

And it is sooo damn hard sometimes to let everyone go!! Especially when I know people are making decisions that may hurt them. I will have already told them, and they still want to do it anyway, sooo upsetting! But a good guardian will learn to be less controlling in the long run, despite its difficulty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's wrong with ESTJs? You shouldn't judge them for being who they are. We can't change our way of thinking. All we can do is accept ourselves and hope others do as well, and then we need to return the favor. Think about, you woudn't want everyone to put down your type the way a lot of others put down the ESTJ type. If you don't like something, then don't talk about it. You'd just be wasting time that could be spent on something you like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts