Personality Cafe banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ooh, INTJ. I like that brand!
Ahem, what I mean to say is interesting indeed.

Funny thing is I always wanted to be a dad ...type thing. Strange I know, but I'm quite happy to hear about your experience partially because of that.

Please don't judge me. I'm not trying to be weird or anything. :|

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have wanted kids of my own since I was a little girl. Nothing wrong with wanting kids and being an INTP! I have two amazingly awesome little boys. I love being a Mom... it's about the only thing I'm good at. haha It's my life. It's not as hard as I expected it to be. There are way more perks about being a parent than not. Congratulations! You will love being a daddy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have wanted kids of my own since I was a little girl. Nothing wrong with wanting kids and being an INTP! I have two amazingly awesome little boys. I love being a Mom... it's about the only thing I'm good at. haha It's my life. It's not as hard as I expected it to be. There are way more perks about being a parent than not. Congratulations! You will love being a daddy.
Thanks, and I can't wait! I don't expect it to be too difficult. Sure, the first few years will be a challenge, but I'm up for a good challenge. I'm incredibly laid back and accepting of things life throws our way, and this is just yet another. Heh, my friends have already told me that they have to throw me a going away party, since they won't be seeing me for quite some time in about 8 or so months.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Sounds good.
Although, whether or not having kids has more perks than not is subjective. =|
Some love their lives without kids.
Some enjoy kids to the fullest. It's all relative.

But yeah, you sound like a happy mother!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i'm INTP; she's INTJ; will definitely be interesting.
Probably an ESFJ (sorry couldn't resist).:laughing: Everything you have said brings back memories, thinking you didn't want children but then becoming excited after the shock wears off. This is a good thing and an experence you will never regret. Just take care of your relationship with mommy after the baby's here. They go into mommy mode and dad can take a back seat and if your not careful you can drift apart. You are going to go threw an amazing transformation yourself. Congratulations!

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Lol, my wife's an INTJ (but barely T).
We have an ENTJ (so it seems).

But maybe you'll get an ESFJ, as eruceht said. haha

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I shall invent a personality test for babies then. I'll put it on okcupid.com so that everybody can find out their babies' personality type as well. One of the questions would be:

"If you put on a justin bieber song, how does your baby react?"
A) Starts crying and wailing limbs in various motions
B) Starts giggling
C) Nods off to la-la land.
D) Throws a toy at you

·
Registered
791 Posts
i'm INTP; she's INTJ; will definitely be interesting.
It's going to be so cool! Female INTJs are the rarest, and INTPs are one of the rarest types too! I hope your baby learns to love who she/he is and be happy. Congratulations!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It's going to be so cool! Female INTJs are the rarest, and INTPs are one of the rarest types too! I hope your baby learns to love who she/he is and be happy. Congratulations!
I'm sure that won't be a problem. Neither my wife nor I are very restrictive people; I'm all for letting people do whatever they want to do - as long as it does not infringe upon another person's happiness. I half-jokingly say that I already know how to be a good parent - just do the opposite of what my own did.

We went to the doctor yesterday to make it official, and yup, 'tis. She's almost 9 weeks along, and wow, technology is amazing. Hearing the heartbeat, seeing the images on the ultrasound in 3D. There was a sticker on the machine that said '4D Technology' so I simply had to tell the doctor that that was simply not true, because there's only 3 dimensions. What is this 4th dimension that you speak of? LOL, my wife gave me that look and rolled her eyes.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts