Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well some info before starting...its a girl.
I once had a crush on her, like 4 months ago and I told her about it, she told me it was ok but that she didnt wanted to be more than a friend for now, so I told her "but I really dont want you to hate me or to act different with me because you know of this" and she told me that she would never hate me and that she will not start acting differently towards me.
Now over the course of my lifetime I've learned that anyone can break a promise and that trusting people is not something really good. But still we kept talking, as friends ofc (and yeah I WAS NOT AND I DONT HAVE A CRUSH FOR HER ANYMORE)
so in this summer she got her first boyfriend, she was and is still very happy about it and im happy to see her happy, and her boyfriend looks like a nice too.

so lately, everytime we talked, we kind of got into a "small fight" because I would say something that would piss her off, not something like provoking her or anything...just giving my opinion about certain stuff and that would make her mad, so I would have to apologize to her.

3 days ago we were texting and we start talking about college, she will enter college in about 4 or 6 months and I will enter in 1 year (She is one year older) so I told her that I decided I didnt wanted to go to a public college. IM MAKING A SMALL NOTE HERE: in my country we have PUBLIC college and PRIVATE college, public college is better than private because the education is better, but its extremely hard to get in (you need ultra great highschool grades to get in) and its also extremely long (like 6 or 7 years to get a LICENSE, not even a master degree! and at any career!) private college on the other hand are faster (like 3 years to get your license) and you dont need to have good HS grades to get in (but you have to pay a large sum to get in and monthly, something that doesnt happens at public)

so the girl starts telling me she would never go to a private and I ask her why, she tells me "because the teachers at a private suck look my mum worked at a private and she studied at a public one see the best people get out of a public one" (I didnt told her...but she basically contradicted herself by saying taht the private college teachers sucked yes she said that her mom was a private teacher and that she graduated from a public one...)
so I told her "but at a public one you last like 6 or 7 years to get your license and you need to waste one year doing GENERAL subjects" (general subjects are the only thing you do in a public college for 1 year...its like another high school year, the real career study wont begin till next year)" so she basically started insulting me she told me "dammit you have the ability to make me mad...dont be so mediocre dont tell me that a private is better (when did I said that?!) think about your future dont be so mediocre I havent heard a most ignorant answer in all my life inform yourself before talking my boyfriend will go to a private one but because he wants to finish fast not because he thinks that its better" so yeah! Im also doing it because of that! Never said that they were better I said I was doing it because I wanted to leave fast and it really pissed me off that she told me to "Inform myself before talking" yet she hadnt even understood my message and she started calling me a mediocre...

I just told her "ok sorry I dont really want to fight anymore"
and she didnt answered anymore. so I suppose that she got mad at me, I want to fix stuff with her because she is a great friend I dont want to lose her and less by something this stupid...but im afraid to just tell her like "forgive me it was a missunderstanding" neither do I want to tell her "you are right I said that and I am mediocre I should not be mediocre"

so any suggestions on how to fix this situation? Pls guys I could really use some help right now...

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
so lately, everytime we talked, we kind of got into a "small fight" because I would say something that would piss her off, not something like provoking her or anything...just giving my opinion about certain stuff and that would make her mad, so I would have to apologize to her.

so any suggestions on how to fix this situation? Pls guys I could really use some help right now...
After reading this...are you so sure that she is really your friend?

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
You can't be friends with someone you like that way.

You're not arguing about what you think you're arguing about.

There's no two ways about it, either you're putting the cream in her coffee or you're not her friend.

Let her know this and stick to it.

If you can't do that good luck with all the pain you're setting yourself up for.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
yes. didnt you ever discussed with your friends?
This quote doesn't make sense...

My comment was directed at your statement that you fight every time you get together. Personally, I distance myself from such people.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nothing, the onus is on her to fix the issue as she is the one who made a big deal out of nothing not you, so leave it, if she cares about you then she'll calm down and realise she was out of order and apologise for insulting you, otherwise i'd say your better off without.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts