Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Probably my social anxiety, mixed with my admittedly strong intuitive personality. It's hard to tell if I'm a feeler or a thinker, judging by the fact that I didn't really start interacting with people until about three or four months ago. Even then, it's summer, so time with friends has been sparse. I'm having a hard time telling which of my functions are which, and just feel like I'm stuck with a mess of cognition.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Honestly, I wish for pure acceptance from another person, the kind that doesn't break depending on what you say, if you understand. Someone who I can grow with, who can tell me to stop and think about how I'm being self-righteous, and wants to get to know me. It feels like that's my role in life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Finally getting over anxiety. I felt powerful, like a world of possibilities just opened up. I realized I had a thousand possibilities as my finger-tips, and that I was actually very good at leaving people with a positive impression of me. I felt like I could engage my strengths.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I find myself caught up in sensual pleasures, wasting time, failing to understand an idea, or simply being lazy. I feel inferior when I can't follow through with my plans, instead succumbing to something easy and familiar.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

This is a difficult one. In the past, I would honestly accept an invitation to do something, with the intention of rejecting, out of not hurting the other person (my empathy is way too high). Now, I'm learning to say "no" when I realize that I'm not going to follow through. It's not that I don't care... It's just that I honestly don't want to use my time on that. I'm good at making those things up though. People sense my sincerity, although I'm not sure how.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I hate projects. My mind moves way too fast to care about doing the same thing, especially when I can just imagine the result and walk away. It's like doing this personality inventory. This is literally painful. I answered the questions in a random order, and this is towards the end.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I was at a resteraunt with a good friend, talking about all sorts of different topics. She was describing a lot of different relationships in her life, and I was describing what happened in a new light. She seemed extremely interested in what I was saying, and it apparently made sense. In retrospect, I'm fairly sure she was an ISTJ, or an INFP, although I seemed far more in tune with how humans acted.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

As long as I'm focused, I can pick it up. If I'm wondering about what somebody said two classes ago, I'm going to miss it though. I find kinesthetic works best, seeing as to how you have to be focused on that.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

That's interesting. I feel perfectly fine being aesthetically disorganized, if functionally it works. I notice that when I get stressed, however, I completely abandon the idea of organization, until it gets to the point where I do a complete overhaul.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

This is a false dichotomy. I get what's it asking though. I find that the second is far more important though, in terms of advancing through life. I abandoned a previous friendship with a group because my path was so starkly different from theirs.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I do feel inclined to impulsively say some things, although social anxiety has made me far less inclined to take risks. Negative "what ifs" make me review my thoughts sometimes, which seems like a really bad misapplication of Ne. Hmm...

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I'm quick to get my bearings, and can intuitively figure out what's going on judging from all sorts of stimuli. It's almost like my mind is putting pieces together as it goes along, forming a singular image who's purpose is understanding. From there, I make ethical judgements on what to do.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Go with my friends. If I'm watching TV, I'm bored. Friends are exciting. No contest.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get incredibly quiet, and start reviewing memories at light-speed, recalling random information, trying to understand what's going on. I feel incredibly panicky, which I have to take into account for fear of making bad decisions. However, I often notice my judgements start deteriorating, taking on an almost hilarious cascade effect. I also feel incredible shame for past mistakes, and tell myself how I should've reasonably acted.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Inflexibility is a big one. People who can't drive

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like discussing the human experience. Talking about what I've found to be true in life is enjoyable. I find helping people out with their emotions makes me feel really good, almost like I'm finding true power within myself, if that makes sense.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Huh, this questions seems inherently difficult. I never really think about vague concepts at all if they're purely mechanical. I also don't really worry over the quality of relationships, as I have faith in the people I'm friends with to tell me. I'm not good at reading minds.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

They perceive me as intelligent, somewhat random, disorganized, blunt, observant, rational, and other such things. I don't think they really understand on the inside, I'm writing entire papers on how the human experience would be pervaded by commercial prosthetics. I could explain that more, but I digress.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Honestly, no idea. Some days, I swear I'm an introvert. Without people though, I get irritated and irrationally depressed. I feel like there's no future, that I'm just going to sit and feel sorry for myself. It gets hard to think up ways out of it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hm... I want to say ENFP, but I'm no expert.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts