Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still trying to figure out the Enneagram. After a lot of reading I'm 99% sure I'm a 6w7. The description fits me perfectly....however I have no clue what the tri types are, how to go about finding them and I'm especially ignorant about what this so/sx/sp stuff means. I tried looking it up but I haven't really found any good, in depth explanations of these things. Anyone care to help me? Please? And thank you!

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
The way I found my tri-type was to analyze behaviors of the past, read various descriptions, and muddle them all together to see which three numbers would work best. I used a lot of Ne in this decision, so it's hard to properly explain. But I had a starting point by knowing my Head was 6 and my Gut was likely 9 (I considered 1, too). You'll have to pick one number from 8, 9, 1 for the Gut fix; another number from 2, 3, and 4 for your Heart fix.

The instinctual variants are SO, SX, and SP. SO is social, or being aware of the group and/or community, how you fit in, how to move ahead; finding security in numbers for a Six. SX, sexual, is about connections and intensity, being drawn to super-deep relationships and being powerful by being confident and assertive. SP is the self-preservational variant, most concerned about comfort, safety, and health; they'll be nesters, good with money, and generally warm towards others.

I condensed various descriptions into a few simple sentences, so there's tons more to it. The Six subforum has a good amount of info on the variants, but not the tri-types too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts