Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm psyched! My "Schizoid Personality Disorder" has been bumped up to Schizoaffective disorder!

How did I get so lucky you might be asking yourselves. Well it started with a trip to the ER and a bp of 250/165. (A new record for me btw)

One thing I've learned is sleep deprivation can really fuck with your head. And so can drugs, sweet sweet wonderful drugs...

Kinda off track a little bit.. sorry but this one voice keeps talking to me

Anyways I probably shouldn't have been screwing with the doctors but I don't like being lied to, and frankly when I'm not taken seriously I at least want to have fun. Who would have known they might want to have me sent to a psych ward...

I wonder, is it really that wrong to use your own body for experiments? I learned some very valuable information about myself and hospital procedure that may save my ass down the line. I realized a few years ago if I was going to find out what was wrong with me I was going to have to do it alone. I have several theories yet to test but since I don't have access to the equipment or other test subjects I use whatever tools I have at my disposal. Usually this is my own body and various methods of manipulating states of mind and physical reactions. I then compare these to normal responses and use it to determine if my theory was accurate or not. I have been able to verify some conditions which I then have a "professional" who rarely takes me seriously and tries to write me off confirm.

I get immense pleasure from humbling those that think they know so much. I'd rather be able to work with or at least be taken seriously by these people as I respect what they do, but I'll settle for what I can get.

So why is it I'm looked at like I'm crazy when I say I have been keeping myself up intentionally to rebound on rem sleep? Or that I think a neck injury when I was 6 damaged the arteries and veins in the back of my neck restricting blood flow causing my brain to signal to my heart to pump harder? Isn't that rational thinking? They can't explain anything so they don't even try.

I might be crazy but I also see truth amongst all the delusions, instead of just the darkness from keeping my eyes closed. Actually i'm pretty sure i'm nuts but that's not really related to this

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I can't find anything about it online (it's from a long time ago) but I remember a scientist that allowed himself to be stung by bees in order to study the effects of bee stings.

I don't think it is necessarily wrong, though some people might call you crazy. Who cares though?

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find anything about it online (it's from a long time ago) but I remember a scientist that allowed himself to be stung by bees in order to study the effects of bee stings.

I don't think it is necessarily wrong, though some people might call you crazy. Who cares though?
Never used to, although realizing that my sense of humor could get me tossed in a psych ward has made me question just how far I should push certain things. I'm still laughing about it though, Watching them all dance like puppets when I reflect on the days events has made the whole situation more enjoyable. Either way it's on to my next theory.

Sleeping isn't half bad, although I had thought it was a dream when making this thread

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sleeping isn't half bad, although I had thought it was a dream when making this thread
That's funny, I have dreams about making posts on PerC too... I need a hobby '_'

Anyway, no it's not wrong to use your own body for experiments. It's your own goddamn body. It's counterintuitive and can be dangerous, but it's not insane either. I wouldn't expect support from many professionals, though. Sometimes I'll go days without sleeping too, or fuck with my meds to induce mania. I try not to make a regular habit of it, tho.

·
Registered
647 Posts
No, I don't think it's wrong though I wouldn't have gone as far as you did.

And I never joke with them because I've met a few that were extreme over-reactive control freaks.

Digestive disorders can also affect your brain. I radically changed my diet and my moods/thinking/sleep improved. It was so weird and mainstream doctors claim that the two aren't related. :frustrating:

Reactions: NotSoRighteousRob

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
It's your body!! I say as long as it doesn't damage other people's, you're good to go.

I've seen how long I can go without sleep (71 hours, though I was practically a slug by the end of it), not eaten for a few days, popped a variety of joints out to see what would happen.. etc. It's normal, I think. Or we're just weird.

Either way, the phsych ward? Morons.

Reactions: NotSoRighteousRob

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I'm weird in a subjective sense. If I were completely healthy then I doubt I would ever put my body through such bizarre situations. Thinking just because I can separate reality from hallucinations that I could continue with my experiments was just arrogant too. Of course even as I say that I know I have to do something otherwise the current methods will just expedite my fall into psychosis.

I used to have a doctor (and insurance for that matter) which took me seriously and realized I knew more about my own body and the possible causes then most doctors were even aware of. The fact that a doctor stops learning because they graduate Med school is just sad. Medicine is still a science in its infant stage. Even the neurologists I've spoken with are heavily influenced by pharmaceutical representatives. If they can't understand lyrica is just another form of gabapentin how can anyone expect me to trust their assessment?

This country and it's lawsuit happy nature has destroyed the foundation which promoted progress. I may just have to find somewhere else. I could probably trade a kidney for all kinds of things :D

Eventually I will probably lose my mind, but I imagine it'll at least be a fun ride

(the dreams I remember are almost always just me reliving the days events stopping to notice the things that slipped by the first time)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Eventually I will probably lose my mind, but I imagine it'll at least be a fun ride

(the dreams I remember are almost always just me reliving the days events stopping to notice the things that slipped by the first time)
Exactly!!

My digestive problems give me some far out dreams. The most humorous one is when I was a buddhist reincarnation of Jesus and Judas was an area 51 government agent chasing me around a movie theatre. (And no, I didn't let him kiss me and take me away. I ran for my life.)

I tell people that with such far out dreams that I have, why would I ever need drugs (like coke or marijuana)?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Maybe they should actually call it something more like Human Guinea-pig Syndrome or something. It would be more accurate since that is essentially what is going on. I honestly thought it would be more common behaviour, but apparently it isn't.

·
Banned
554 Posts
if you like using your body to experiment i dont see a problem. it doesn't directly effect me.. so i'm not going to oppose to it.
if it directly effected me, than i would oppose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts