Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL I know, for those of you who know I changed my type 5 million times...

But I'm finding myself more and more. I started off thinking I'm an INFP, going through all the other types and arriving at ESTJ. The opposite of what the test told me originally, about 3 years ago. I was for sure depressed then and it seems to have taken me a long time to find myself. But I think I finally did.

What's weird is that the people that annoy me the most are ESTJs. I'm pretty sure I've gotten in fights with a few of you on here... Is that just something typical? To be annoyed by your own type? Well everyone annoys me in one way or another so ... ya.

Ok not sure why I started the thread, I guess just to say "hey"!

If you have a different opinion on what you think my type is, tell me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Some estj's get on my nerves as well.....I think the negative things you see in others that you know are in yourself can irritate you. Some estj's are very blunt, arrogant and single minded to name a few. I have some of those characteristics but may not act on them, so when I see that in others that can't control it, it can get on my nerves.... We sometimes hate things in others that we see in ourselves!

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Reactions: JustJac

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Reactions: JustJac

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Well I don't really NEED someone to give me their opinion, I'm pretty sure I'm ESTJ. I just left it open in case someone does have a different opinion about it.
Uh-huh. I'm pretty sure you will change your type again in a few months. That's my opinion, by the way.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
You said you don't know me so how can you have an opinion about me?
I don't know you personally. But I trust my gut instinct. The other ESTJs that I suspect were mistyped, were all turned out changing their type few months later. I get the same vibe from you.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I'm pretty sure when it comes to ESTJs not getting along with other ESTJs is just like any of the same type not getting along:

"Too many chefs in the same kitchen." "Too many chiefs in the same tribe, and not enough Indians." ;o) Perhaps "Too many managers, not enough peons" more aptly applies in this case?

When everyone has the "right" opinion on something, and none of them match up, is it really any surprise that heads will roll?

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
When everyone has the "right" opinion on something, and none of them match up, is it really any surprise that heads will roll?
Everyone has the right to point out their opinion, but no one has the right to force their opinion on others. It's not the opinion itself that cause conflict, it's the humans' ego. It is also fool to welcome others to state their opinion, just to later on states that all of their opinions doesn't matter nor needed because one is sure that he/she has the right answer.

Reactions: Chipps and Coburn

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
While I would agree with @WickedQueen and say you're not an ESTJ (based off a variety of posts I've seen you make around the site + your general reaction to anyone who disagrees with you), the final say rests on you. If your JCFs line up, that's really all that matters.

Reactions: WickedQueen

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
While I would agree with @WickedQueen and say you're not an ESTJ (based off a variety of posts I've seen you make around the site + your general reaction to anyone who disagrees with you), the final say rests on you. If your JCFs line up, that's really all that matters.
What's JCF? cognitive functions?

The thing is, I'm only on here when I'm not ok, which has been a long time now since I don't have a job and my life situation just... sucks, from every point of view, I've only seen myself be ok just a few times in my life, and that seems to be when I'm ESTJ like.
I don't even know if that made any sense.

Since you've seen my posts around here then would you have any opinion on what type you think I would be?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This thread made me laugh.
The ESTJ forum is really funny, too bad there are few posters.

Also why do you think you are ESTJ @Life.Is.A.Game? Do you have a monolithic Te?
If by monolithic you mean closed minded, I have been told that I am, although I don't think I am....

I'm pretty confused about the cognitive functions, but if Te means being outspoken, rational, telling people what to do ... then I've been told I do that also.

I didn't realize how "cold/mean/outspoken" I am until my sister told me and lately she's been telling me all this stuff so it would make sense that I'm Te... that's if I understand Te correctly.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
1 - 20 of 122 Posts