Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I reveal different sides to different people. I'm almost a chameleon, I can easily hide my emotions but they're extremely strong. I can give presentations to over a hundred people, with no plan and become charismatic and funny, yet the majority of the time I can go hours without speaking to the people around me. Sometimes I need control and stability, whereas other times I'm the crazy one, the one who'll run into abandoned warehouses without thinking and yell for my friends to follow. I'm unpredictable.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To be more charismatic, more productive, more extroverted. Other than that, for people to make notice of the things I create and to compliment me on that. Also, in the future I really want to train and become a medic, running around battlefields, protests, scenes of chaos/combat, healing people, knowing I've made a difference.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I can get stuff done, on time, to a good standard, creating things others will enjoy and just generally being productive. Any of those times.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

People stereotyping me the first day they meet me, expecting me to stick to that stereotype they've established whenever I'm around them, and when I don't, they get mad. For example: She never talks much, that's not normal. Oh, she just said something. That's not normal either, I thought she was always quiet.

Also; when people rest all their hopes on me and trust me with something, but I'm human, so I f*ck it up, and they get angry because I didn't do everything (just 80% of it). People seem to view me as the robot which you let take care of the work, while they can just relax and then take all the credit.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I generally think about telling the person who'll lose out/win, that they'll lose out/win. If I feel like the winning ideas/dreams are more logical/meaningful than the loser's ideas/dreams are, I'll go through with the decision. If not, I'll find a different decision to evaluate and do it again, until I've found the answer

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I like to be in control, but I regularly make sure I'm not being too directive and consulting others on how they'd like it to be too.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

It was after a severe spout of depression which I had recently (at this time) recovered from. I was at a carnival, riding a fairground ride I had jumped onto without thinking, the first ride I had ever been brave enough to go on. I wasn't holding on, my arms spreadeagled. I was flying. And for the first time in my entire life, I felt truly alive. :crazy:

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I look up how to guides/videos and then try it myself, over and over until I get it right. I have a good memory, and I'm good at theorizing, but I'm better at hands on and I enjoy it more. :happy:

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not at all. :laughing:

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I instantly think; "Oh my god, that's so true, why could I never see it before? yeah, that lines up with it. And so does that. That does too, apart from that one part, but hey, surely it can't be 100% perfect, right?". I'm a sucker for reading psychobabble/crazy doomsday theories/illnesses and thinking that they're true/apply to me, even though I know, deep down, that that's not the case. :rolleyes:

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Being myself. I never do anything I don't want to, I'm extremely stubborn and I enjoy being a person which doesn't follow what everyone else does.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Formal group discussions relating to projects allow me to be extroverted and get my points across easily, but just spending time with a large group of friends, I find it hard to speak more than a couple of times in an hour, which I mentally beat myself up a lot over.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Refer to Question 7. But a few months back I went to a theme park and kept pushing myself to go on bigger rides, but I just couldn't get the courage that day to do it. I got that angry at myself that day that on the ride back home, I ended up with a really bad chest pain, so I gripped the seat belt, closed my eyes and didn't say a word, then limped home, trying not to pass out. Nobody on the coach noticed a thing. :frustrating:

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Have a seizure. My friends never call me. I call them. I sometimes do get scared that they don't see me as entertaining enough, funny enough, cool enough, and they'll reject me. I've been rejected numerous times in the past few years by people, for not being around enough for them, that they drift away. And yeah, I would go out with them. I hate TV anyway. :tongue:

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Supress my feelings, I don't want the people around me to have to deal with my anger. I've dealt with their anger sometimes and it's not nice.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

If they don't respect my values, openly boast about how my friends are utter assholes and preach their values/likes/dislikes to me, I probably won't like 'em that much.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything deep and N-ish, even though I hang around with S's mainly. I've been slowly befriending an ENFP in the past few weeks and I find I'm a LOT, LOT more extroverted around her than my S friends, even though I've known them longer.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Hard one. I'd have to say my family.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Quiet. Supportive. Follower, not a leader. Craves to be liked. Not emotional. Badass at times due to my apathy.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Grab my bike and find some trails, ride into the forest/countryside until darkness sets in, and then sleep in the open air beneath the stars.

If I didn't have my bike, I'd probably just sit inside all day and write/make animations/produce music etc.

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
You're a huge N, that's the only one I'm 100 % certain on. You definately don't give off an xNFJ vibe either though. Have you considered ENTP? I say this because there are parts of your post I related to and I think they might be typical of ENTP's who thread the line on I/E... When you were describing how your energy was unpredictable, how you wanted structure one minute and proverbial chaos the next. Also, how you said you'd ditch the tv for your friends but other times you're content spending long periods of time on your own. Even when you described how you're much more outgoing around certain people (ENFP friend), I related to that the most actually, I think I need my Ne to be sparked first then the Fe and everything else starts coming into motion.

I know this is not the most thorough typing, just my initial thoughts.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're a huge N, that's the only one I'm 100 % certain on. You definately don't give off an xNFJ vibe either though. Have you considered ENTP? I say this because there are parts of your post I related to and I think they might be typical of ENTP's who thread the line on I/E... When you were describing how your energy was unpredictable, how you wanted structure one minute and proverbial chaos the next. Also, how you said you'd ditch the tv for your friends but other times you're content spending long periods of time on your own. Even when you described how you're much more outgoing around certain people (ENFP friend), I related to that the most actually, I think I need my Ne to be sparked first then the Fe and everything else starts coming into motion.

I know this is not the most thorough typing, just my initial thoughts.
I could be an ENTP, the type I've considered the most is probably INTP, but I've looked it up since and don't really agree with it as much as I do ENTP. The only part I don't agree with, with ENTP, is the generally extroverted/outspoken all the time thing, even though, in the right settings (around I's, N's, on stage, anyone I've either known for ages or just met) that's me. Thinking about it, when I'm with my ISFJ friend, I do start conversations 9 times out of 10, because I know that she won't, at all. So yeah, it could be a possibility. :proud: The other types I feel I might be are ISxPs and xNxPs btw.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Some kind of Fi type, I would say. xxFP.

·
Registered
528 Posts
hm... I was actuallt thinking INFJ. So maybe INTJ, since FJ doesn't seem to be an option? I'm pretty sure about I, N and Te/Fe.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I was a lot younger I was a definite INFJ, whereas now I've become a lot more Perceiving, so maybe INFP (even though it doesn't match up with what I'm about to say next)? And the other thing I was sure about beforehand was Ni/Se rather than Ne/Si.

·
Registered
820 Posts
INFJ is an option as well. I'm pretty bad at identifying INFJs in particular. I agree with I and almost certainly F.

·
Banned
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still stuck figuring myself out. I wonder if a list of the 20 most relevant words describing my personality might help?

Wise
Problem Solving
Logical
Empathetic
Artistic
Intelligent
Perfectionist
Paranoid
Tough
Eccentric
Performer
Hard Working
Unfocused
Reaction Seeking
Enigmatic
Driven
Easily Bored
Proud
Analyzing
Daydreaming
Future Focused

Also, another type which I identify with is ENTJ, seeing as this (http://personalitycafe.com/entj-articles/15174-development-entj-children.html) was like an entire flashback of my life, disregarding the "lots of friends" and "extraverted always" parts.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I actually think your current typing, ISFP, might be the one. You do come across as somewhat Fe-ish, but I really do think you're more of an Fi dominant. You definitely don't come across as an Ni dominant to me, because that would make Se your inferior function and you seem to be in pretty good command of that. I think the best thing you can do at this point is to try and identify your inferior function. If you're confident that you're Ni/Se (which seems pretty accurate to me) doing should land you on your type. Below are a couple articles that may be of help:

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/76770-recognizing-inferior-function-ifps.html
http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/76894-recognizing-inferior-function-infj.html
http://personalitycafe.com/enfj-forum-givers/76757-recognizing-inferior-function-enfjs.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts