Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the Myers-Briggs test multiple times (because I obsess over things I find intresting), and I've come out as a INFP every time but I don't relate to other INFPs after about watching through half a video on youtube about them, so I relate the first a half then don't the second half. I think/feel (I don't know) I think through stuff a lot more and as I would understand it, it's clashing with how an INFP would decide things???

I know I'm introverted at least, can't deny that one (kinda hard to do). But I feel that I am more expressive about my emotions (show through). Like if I feel happy I look happy, might make a conscious desicion to not smile stupidly (to me) while a walk down a road but still I will not have a constant pokerface (if that makes sense at all(<-- as in whole sentence(<-- which is not done yet))) or a lack of expression outwards so to speak.

I've done the comprehensive enneagram quiz and got Type 1 with a 2 wing and the trifi where 1w2, 7w6, 4w5.
And I find this to be really right about me but...

Still the thing that kinda crosses with me the most is that both is supposed to be helpfull of others and sure I feel like I would want to be there if a friend goes through a rough path but I don't seek out places or things where I can help people, which is what I think the description of both try to say I do... I think...

I think I would help people if they are in need of help and closeby but I rather just play games, guitar or read stuff that intrest me on my own if I can.

Exept and another thing that seems to clash with Introvertedness is that I really like to hang out with my friends, I don't like planing though but if someone asks me to hang out some time I will throw every thing aside to do that doesn't matter what we're going to do football(soccer) to sitting in one corner of the room each playing on handheld consoles, I'm up for it. which just seem to go against the introvertedness.

but yeah yeah, whats your thoughts on this? if theres something I really need to clarify just ask :)
Like I said reeeeeeeeaally intrested in this so feedback is widely appreciated.
Sorry if bad spelling or some bad english here and there; I know I'm an perfectionist to some sense, so if I read trough this i will just delete it all and that is conterproductive if something.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I think/feel (I don't know) I think through stuff a lot more and as I would understand it, it's clashing with how an INFP would decide things???
How do you imagine that an INFP would decide things?

Still the thing that kinda crosses with me the most is that both is supposed to be helpfull of others and sure I feel like I would want to be there if a friend goes through a rough path but I don't seek out places or things where I can help people, which is what I think the description of both try to say I do... I think...

I think I would help people if they are in need of help and closeby but I rather just play games, guitar or read stuff that intrest me on my own if I can.
Actually, IN-Ps are legendary for caring about people in the abstract, yet not always showing it in a bunch of practical ways that people in the real world expect.

Exept and another thing that seems to clash with Introvertedness is that I really like to hang out with my friends, I don't like planing though but if someone asks me to hang out some time I will throw every thing aside to do that doesn't matter what we're going to do football(soccer) to sitting in one corner of the room each playing on handheld consoles, I'm up for it. which just seem to go against the introvertedness.
Introvert doesn't mean you want to spend every second with no people around, it just means that you prefer to spend most seconds with few people around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you imagine that an INFP would decide things?
Ok, I don't know.
I've gotten stuck on a "I need to know before I answer path" kinda thing. Like I need to be somewhat right with my answer rather then just speculating or something. Math is easy for me as i can check what the right answer is, I don't care how nonsensical my path there might be because as long as i get the right answer in the end i've done something right and if someone dosen't understand something I will just have to explain it better as my logic is compleatly clear to me.
(on a complete different note, I hate when my mind completes the perfect sentence to explaing something and then forgets all words for the simple reson that "that was a perfect explanation now we don't have to repeat it again as we've already said it in our mind!" ... yeah great thought process there me... because I need that sentence... now... D****t)
Sorry that I didn't give an answer to the actuall question and went on rambling instead.
Hope this tells something about how I think at all.

And thanks for the other answers as they where great :)

but about
Introvert doesn't mean you want to spend every second with no people around, it just means that you prefer to spend most seconds with few people around.
I understand the every second with no people thats not really what I meant, I was thinking like to stay maybe groupes of 3-5 people at most or I'm just thinking the more the better and more fun right now with me but it actually clashes with what i really would want or how I really am but I dont know. Feels like I'm just going in circles here.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Ok, I don't know.
I've gotten stuck on a "I need to know before I answer path" kinda thing. Like I need to be somewhat right with my answer rather then just speculating or something. Math is easy for me as i can check what the right answer is, I don't care how nonsensical my path there might be because as long as i get the right answer in the end i've done something right and if someone dosen't understand something I will just have to explain it better as my logic is compleatly clear to me.
(on a complete different note, I hate when my mind completes the perfect sentence to explaing something and then forgets all words for the simple reson that "that was a perfect explanation now we don't have to repeat it again as we've already said it in our mind!" ... yeah great thought process there me... because I need that sentence... now... D****t)
Sorry that I didn't give an answer to the actuall question and went on rambling instead.
Hope this tells something about how I think at all.
I think rambling about your own experience of yourself is more likely to happen from an INFP than an INTP. In my experience INTPs often talk as if they are "outside" of themselves and looking back at them themselves in a more abstract manner. They study themselves on equal foot with any other object which is not the natural way for an INFP to attack a problem like this.
I assume an INTP would have started a long discussion about the specifics about Ti and Fi, how they should be understood and defined, but you sort of just dive in with a more holistic approach. No technical stuff or attempt to find the logic behind it all, but instead an exploration of yourself without a defined framework.

Reactions: zainon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok :)

I will go from how to just build something now for a perspective.

If I understand correctly an INTP would go from speccific part to build what they want and
an INFP would go from what they want to build and find the things that fit in a sense?

So me going from myself and trying to apply things/logic/whatever would indicate me as more of an INFP than an INTP.
There's a lot more me to go from in with an INFP case then as you would go "those this part fit me?" rather if you put this, this and this together you would get me which would be more of a INTP case.
It seem like a case of one thing at a time against multiple things to get a whole.
For me both look deeply in to parts just an INTP would catigorise things first then apply INFP just take one part analyse it and places it then go to the next. (am I saying the same thing over and over again because I think I am).
INTP this is what I have. How do I build myself?
INFP this is me. What pieces fit?
If I'm wrong about this please tell:p

I feel I've gained better insight into this (for now) or at least some calmness thanks :).
Might find something else to worry about later xP

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Ok :)

I will go from how to just build something now for a perspective.

If I understand correctly an INTP would go from speccific part to build what they want and
an INFP would go from what they want to build and find the things that fit in a sense?

So me going from myself and trying to apply things/logic/whatever would indicate me as more of an INFP than an INTP.
There's a lot more me to go from in with an INFP case then as you would go "those this part fit me?" rather if you put this, this and this together you would get me which would be more of a INTP case.
It seem like a case of one thing at a time against multiple things to get a whole.
For me both look deeply in to parts just an INTP would catigorise things first then apply INFP just take one part analyse it and places it then go to the next. (am I saying the same thing over and over again because I think I am).
INTP this is what I have. How do I build myself?
INFP this is me. What pieces fit?
If I'm wrong about this please tell:p

I feel I've gained better insight into this (for now) or at least some calmness thanks :).
Might find something else to worry about later xP
Well, think of it as an INTP being a very, very logic oriented person. This is not at all to say that INFPs do not use logic; they can be amazing thinkers, but the way you presented yourself just didn't have much of what is normally associated with INTP (i.e. lots of abstract thought and model building), but seems more typical of an INFP. You say that you "don't relate to half of a video" and "feel expressive", which is at least indicative of a feeling preference. Of course you shouldn't take my word for it since I've only just read this and I don't feel certain at all about what you are. My immediate impression is just that you "feel your way" through these concepts and what they mean to you rather than looking very factually at it all. (You do use some very fine facts though about yourself, so it's not like this is a final call from me.)

What are your interests?

Reactions: Simpson17866

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok:)

My interests are music, games, programming, building (Lego(when I was smaller,) warhammer and alike and electronic stuff), roleplaying(like with papper and stuff with friends(also warhammer and 40k and alike).
If bored and to pass time easy I would go for solitaire or sudoku and not a crossword.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
ok:)

My interests are music, games, programming, building (Lego(when I was smaller,) warhammer and alike and electronic stuff), roleplaying(like with papper and stuff with friends(also warhammer and 40k and alike).
If bored and to pass time easy I would go for solitaire or sudoku and not a crossword.
Would you say you have a hard time connecting to others, as if all these social rules and cues are just so complicated and tiresome, or is it rather that the masses of people can seem almost emotionless and sheepish to you, as if none of them care about what's right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would you say you have a hard time connecting to others, as if all these social rules and cues are just so complicated and tiresome, or is it rather that the masses of people can seem almost emotionless and sheepish to you, as if none of them care about what's right?
No, I would not say people are emotionless or sheepish at all, I see people having fun together so, and we're more just antisocial here.
Nor do I think social rules and cues are tiresome but it might be depending a lot on where we live as where I live it's weird to suddenly talk to strangers out on the street and if there are free spaces on the buss or rather you don't sit down next someone on a empty bus, It WILL be weird. We leave eachother alone in this country unless you want something.
Will just have a hard time connecting if we have different interests maybe for different opinions on big questions(politics and the like) guess intrests might be the biggest one though, I will never understand the facination with watching sports rather just play it.
But still if it was that it would be rude to not sit beside someone because of social rules I think that would be kinda tiresome.

If social rules forced me to interaction I would find it tiresome.
I also find it tiring talking to other introverts if we don't find anything to talk about, like I want to talk to them but can't find anything to talk we have in common or just a conversation where I have to keep up the conversation so we aren't just akwardly quiet.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
No, I would not say people are emotionless or sheepish at all, I see people having fun together so, and we're more just antisocial here.
Nor do I think social rules and cues are tiresome but it might be depending a lot on where we live as where I live it's weird to suddenly talk to strangers out on the street and if there are free spaces on the buss or rather you don't sit down next someone on a empty bus, It WILL be weird. We leave eachother alone in this country unless you want something.
Will just have a hard time connecting if we have different interests maybe for different opinions on big questions(politics and the like) guess intrests might be the biggest one though, I will never understand the facination with watching sports rather just play it.
But still if it was that it would be rude to not sit beside someone because of social rules I think that would be kinda tiresome.

If social rules forced me to interaction I would find it tiresome.
I also find it tiring talking to other introverts if we don't find anything to talk about, like I want to talk to them but can't find anything to talk we have in common or just a conversation where I have to keep up the conversation so we aren't just akwardly quiet.
Oooh a fellow Scandinavian here. I didn't even notice!

what do you score on this test? INFP or INTP Test - CelebrityTypes.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what do you score on this test? [/url]
65%-35% towards INFP
So INFP

Oooh a fellow Scandinavian here. I didn't even notice! [/url]
Yeah, when I was writing the past segment I realised I was going from a standpoint that you weren't from around here ike US or somewhere else so I got intrested and found out that there were some buttons over each small profile and realised I hadn't filled in much and when I saw the the Danish flag I just had to fill in where I came from :p
So you couldn't have until the previous answer :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.