Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be a nurse, but White washes me out. Guess I'll have to be a funeral director.

I would be a therapist, but you have to be pretty sane yourself, or so I hear. S'pose I'll end up a serial killer.

I would be a writer, but my writing's damn near impossible to read. Maybe I'll be one of the people that writes out prescriptions in the surgery?

I would be an artist or something cool like that, but to be honest, I just think I'm too damn boring. Which, I'm told, is always a good trait to have in accountancy.

Well, that was actually pretty fun. And also how I feel right now, everyone's shoving career ideas and GCSEs down my throat, but I can't help bit think I'll just end up working in an office nine-to-five doing something I hate. Or nothing at all. And I just wanna make a difference, y'know? Help. Save the world or something.

Oh, the irony.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Learn the things you are good at, the things that interest you.You can find a way to fit them into a life that involves doing something worthwhile. Even accountants can work for worthwhile charities, for instance. You can teach any subject, and teaching skills are transferable worldwide, in developed and developing societies. So you just study what you want to study. I guess the only useful bit of advice I might offer is to make sure that the subjects you choose work together. One science subject on its own might be difficult, for example.

At GCSE level you are going to do a lot of subjects, so knowing what you want to do with your life isn't compulsory right now.

Do you have a couple of neurotic parents who want you to have a nice secure and steady job so they can stop worrying, by any chance?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts