Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most infj's are out to change the world. Sow what's your drive? What is your purpose? Myself? I have a lot of things on my heart to do but I always end up thinking things to the point of meaninglessness and get depressed or get overwhelmed with wanting to do everything. So is there anyone out there who has it, that one thing, and is living it? Let me know. I'd love to hear. Maybe we can find some inspiration in each other.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've found my truth in life but I'm afraid I'm not always very good at following through on it. Sometime I let life get in the way.

I had an epiphany a few months ago and I realized it was my calling to help people realize all their blessings in life. These are not superficial things but the feelings, people and circumstances of the here and now that we can appreciate. Too often people allow trivial matters get in the way of their growth and success. I am one of those people, but I have realized that we need to take the time to seek the value in what we already have and what surrounds us as it gives us perspective over our monotonous lives. That appreciation is our inspiration. No matter how bad life may seem, we still have beautiful things to be thankful for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Collossus

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey... Interesting question and very important too.
I have found meaning for my life from buddhism (I think many others find some religion/philosophy important to them too ? )...
Main point is cultivating love for all beings.
What I have realized is: don't wait for results. Just do things from your heart. Don't expect any reward. Just love unconditionally and act accordingly. Results will come someday, maybe after several thousands of years.

I want to say now that these are just my views, I am openminded toward other kinds of views. Don't want to offend anyone.

Then there is other thing I wish: become a healer... I have had this urge for years but I don't yet know what to study and where etc. I'm very critical about this since I think there is so much business things on both conventional and alternative medicine. I wish to study just something that isn't done because of money, something that is safe and effective and I wish to do it as a charity.

But that's just me.

Interested to hear other people's purposes. :happy:

EDIT: I wish to add, that don't worry about not being able to change whole world. Start from small things and be happy about every small change you can do. Even if there is millions of suffering people and animals in the world, even then if you help one it is a very big thing for that one.
Never think that your acts doesn't matter anything because there is still so many you were not able to help.
All little good acts matters.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I suppose my mission has always been people.

Not changing them or fixing them, but without intending to my actions and my presence has had the effect of giving, helping, supporting, facilitating and making it possible for other people to fulfil their potential or in some way move forward, breaking free from limitation and self doubt.

Within the worky stuff, I've been lucky and had a couple of truly wonderful relationships with men who really seemed to be my perfect match, only to find that once their confidence was high, their life had become good, happy, full or potential and self-beilef, which they openly attributed to being a result of our relationship, they they both disgarded like a piece of rubbish once they'd got what they wanted.

This has happend my whole life, friendship, relationships, family, anyon really - benig a problem solver and solutions girl I'm just viewed as a convenient solution to life I suppose.

It's happend so many times before, that right now I'm finding myself ready to implode with the internal stress of trying not to slip into a pesimistic frame of mind overmy current, quite glorious, relationship. I can't even stand that I'm writing this - but I'm accutely aware that I'm mentally preparing for the fallout because I don't yet have one example of it ending any other way.

So, I'm taking my last chance on my last person.

This time, if I get dumped after I've fulfilled my usefulness, by the person claiming to love me, I will in future not trust anyone and will manage myself so well that I will eliminate any and all thoughts of a relationship.

Mission impossible will be Mission over.

I will then live in my own head where it's safe and I can protect myself from being used and hurt.

I hope it doesn't happen. I actually want a happy, fulflled, peaceful and really wonderful relationship - and right now I have one - I hope my own personal little mission can happen this time.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have two that I have discovered so far:

1. I cannot stand racism, in any form. When I see people treated badly because of the colour of their skin or their background, I get angry and my heart breaks. I want to be able to show people that they don't have to live under the limits that others set for them and that they have gifts to offer. I have seen some people deny their cultural heritage or uniqueness in order to be more accepted. I want to let minorities know that they don't have to change who they are and that they are still loved. I want to bridge understanding between mainstream culture and the multicultural minorities around me.

2. I want kids who have been bullied to know that they have potential and that they didn't deserve to go through the things that they did. This cause is personal to me because I was one of those kids and the way that I was treated completely destroyed my self-esteem. I want kids to know that they are special and have worth, even though they may not see it within themselves.

·
Registered
630 Posts
My cause is to live.
Other than that, I change my mind all the time about how I would like to go on, and I always put my interests in the first place, but my wishes involve, at times, to put others' requests on top of mine. I don't do it because that's my purpose, it is just what makes me feel good at the time.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I don't see myself as having a cause. There are things I'd like to achieve in life, but I do not believe my life in itself has any meaning or is significantly special in any way.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see myself as having a cause. There are things I'd like to achieve in life, but I do not believe my life in itself has any meaning or is significantly special in any way.

Is it strange that I'm highly religious but feel largely the same way despite this insatiable drive to something worthwhile with me life?

I am completely driven by a desire to have a meaning outside myself but I philosophize it out of existence. Maybe it's something strange I started when I was young and first realized how strong my emotions were and decided to rationalize all my actions to the best of my ability so as not to be completely emotionally controlled and inconsistent. Now I ask myself why about everything and when it comes to purpose it ultimately just leads me to meaninglessness.

I think it's because ultimately whether your religious or not humanity and all things are fleeting and trying to do anything of lasting effect is like trying to stop a waterfall with your hand even if you succeed in a small way when your gone it goes on as if you were never there. I know sorry. I'm being depressing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey... Interesting question and very important too.
I have found meaning for my life from buddhism (I think many others find some religion/philosophy important to them too ? )...
Main point is cultivating love for all beings.
What I have realized is: don't wait for results. Just do things from your heart. Don't expect any reward. Just love unconditionally and act accordingly. Results will come someday, maybe after several thousands of years.

I want to say now that these are just my views, I am openminded toward other kinds of views. Don't want to offend anyone.

Then there is other thing I wish: become a healer... I have had this urge for years but I don't yet know what to study and where etc. I'm very critical about this since I think there is so much business things on both conventional and alternative medicine. I wish to study just something that isn't done because of money, something that is safe and effective and I wish to do it as a charity.

But that's just me.

Interested to hear other people's purposes. :happy:

EDIT: I wish to add, that don't worry about not being able to change whole world. Start from small things and be happy about every small change you can do. Even if there is millions of suffering people and animals in the world, even then if you help one it is a very big thing for that one.
Never think that your acts doesn't matter anything because there is still so many you were not able to help.
All little good acts matters.

Isn't all our desires to help anyone or any cause ultimately rooted in self though? Aren't we just driven to satisfy our own need for meaning and self actualization in some way? It just doesn't seem like we can really find any love in that. It seems like were just as animalistic with are desire's as anyone of any type. Maybe I'm thinking myself into a corner but do you understand my dilemma and why it bothers me? It just makes it seem as if humans are incapable of love or makes me question what that really is.

·
Registered
571 Posts
...and trying to do anything of lasting effect is like trying to stop a waterfall with your hand even if you succeed in a small way when your gone it goes on as if you were never there.
You may only stop the waterfall for a short while and may feel like your impact was insignificant, but you never know how strongly your presence has affected others farther downstream. Sometimes the good consequences resulting from our actions are unable to be seen from our current perspective. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll understand everything; maybe not now, but eventually you will.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My cause? To inspire and give hope our society's future in order to accomplish their dreams.

That's a bit general, but in my gut that's my ultimate mission. Further details will come with time. :wink:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My mission and vision: Helping people fulfil their own visions—I am very much of a facilitator and catalyst, and enjoy seeing others become more fully developed in their gifts and find and live their own calling in life. Being a Christian, I see God and people's relation to God as an integrated part of this, since God is what makes sense of the world in my view. My God, is a God who wants everyone to develop more fully as a human, to be more like what they were always intended to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts