Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some things about me:

- I daydream a lot. I switch between imagining about myself in the future and imagining being another fictional character that I grew attached to. :laughing:
- I need my iPod with me almost all the time. It helps me tune out everything else, and just live inside my head.
- Whenever a book or show that I loved ends, I feel really depressed about it. It will sit with me for hours, even days at times. Same goes for when a character I love dies. I can't get rid of the feeling!
-I like to reread books or watch some movies over again. I don't really understand why.
-People have said that I can be intimidating when I'm not even trying or anything.
-I feel that I'm a selfish person.
- I can be empathetic to people sometimes, and others I just tell them to suck it up. :happy:
- I'm introverted, I know for sure. Being around people drains me, and if some take up too much of my energy, they're in for a rude awakening. I can literally shut them out of my life. After a while (like, maybe months?), I'll be okay with them again.
- Most of the time I'm rather blunt, but I'll be tactful when I want to get something out of them. :D
-I was a loner in elementary. Like, I would sit by the wall and just read Harry Potter or something. Mostly fantasy books.
-I hate small talk. It makes me feel awkward because I don't know how to keep the conversation rolling.
I'm pretty sure I'm a J. I don't really like plans changing.

Okay, that's all I can really think of. Well, actually that's a lot. Sorry if I added too many details! :D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Weclome!

First of all, why don't you take a test? Have you tried that.

Secondlt, I think you are an INFJ. The whole "living in one's head" is a fairly typical Ni thing. The feeling seems pretty obvious. You seem convinced about the J thing, and an INFJ is dominantly an Ni.

Any other takers?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you are an introverted J then maybe an INTJ?
I would think a Ti user such as INFJ would want to rationalise their feelings while the Fi user would like to stew around in their feelings seeing how they feel about things. Have you read about those different types?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I would say most likely INFJ.

Even though you slightly hint at having T tendencies, I believe F is your primary method of thinking demonstrated through your ability to become attached to books, shows, characters, and considering other people's feelings.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel rather conflicted. I've taken the test so many times, I just gave up trying to figure it out through them.
At first I got INTP, but I didn't really relate to the profile I read. I've also read the INFJ and INTJ profiles.
Long story short, INFJ seems too compassionate and INTJ seems too arrogant. :mellow:

On top of that, I'm not even sure what Ni is, which makes me question if I'm actually a Sensor instead.
I don't feel that I'm a creative person. I mean yea, I imagine a lot of things, but that's about it...

The only thing I'm confident about is that I'm IXXJ.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I feel rather conflicted. I've taken the test so many times, I just gave up trying to figure it out through them.
At first I got INTP, but I didn't really relate to the profile I read. I've also read the INFJ and INTJ profiles.
Long story short, INFJ seems too compassionate and INTJ seems too arrogant. :mellow:

On top of that, I'm not even sure what Ni is, which makes me question if I'm actually a Sensor instead.
I don't feel that I'm a creative person. I mean yea, I imagine a lot of things, but that's about it...

You don't have to be one thing or the other. You can be a mixture of the two, or slightly preferring one over the other. Its like your dominant hand. You prefer one, but you are capable of using the other.... and some people are ambidextrous.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't have to be one thing or the other. You can be a mixture of the two, or slightly preferring one over the other. Its like your dominant hand. You prefer one, but you are capable of using the other.... and some people are ambidextrous.
Yeaaaaa, I know. I can't help but be bothered sometimes though.

@assbiscuits: Sorry bout that. I wrote the first things about myself that came to mind.

·
Registered
479 Posts
INTJ: Ni-Te
INFJ: Ni-Fe

Read a little about the different cognitive functions on the MBTI Forum (there's a really good sticky) and see which of these apply to you the most.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts

Ni is that thing that makes you want to listen to your ipod and tune out the outside world while you are daydreaming about stuff :tongue:

intuition is basically a function that is preoccupied with forming connections, cause-effect relationships between the things that your senses have picked up - for strong intuitives such as INxJs when our senses pick up a bit of information it gets extensively analyzed by our intuitive cognitive functions, typically exemplified by wanting to tune out the world outside, spacing out, daydreaming, and prompting sensors to come up to us to ask what are you thinking about because at these point of time you seem like you are impervious to the outside world - minds of sensors on the other hand spend more of their time sensing things and less time making connections between them

Te vs Fe difference - with Fe you would be sensitive to instances of injustice to people, for example if someone is being unfairly criticized you would feel prompted to step up and express disapproval of the person who is delivering the criticism, people will overall be interesting to you, you might not like them but feel certain curiosity about others, you will be able to pick up emotions of others quite well

I am not sure what Te feels like but I would say it makes one more sensitive to illogical and inefficient events, people, situations in the environment, for example you could become very angry at others is a bill isn't paid on time or if somebody makes a mistake while driving, INTJs are generally more confident than INFJs and more likely to feel that their opinion is right, they are also more likely to get personally insulted in a conversation (tertiary Fi) and feel bad if you criticize their competence somehow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts