Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm late all the time, which is weird since I'm actually quite good at judging how much time has passed (though I tend to be a bit optimistic when estimating how much time something will take). It doesn't matter how early I start getting ready, I always seem to leave in a rush. My friends actually factor in my being late when they decide what time to meet!

I know INFPs are famous for this, and I'm just curious... what makes you late?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
honestly...I like the rush of being late (when I have a car). That and I always forget something, or take my sweet time until I KNOW I need to go. Then I'm at least 2 minutes late.

edit: I flat-out like being spontaneous and adventurous (taking routes off traffic-induced intersections) and sometimes it's just acknowledging that I have choice.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I do my hair or makeup right til the last minute so I don't feel ugly when people look at me when I'm out. Lol. Or I daydream while singing to the radio in my car and don't realize I'm going 20 below the speed limit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If I'm late its because I wanted to be.

Otherwise I hate being late.

the reasons I choose to be late is to usually avoid what I predict could be a potentially awkward or uncomfortable situation. Sometimes the rush of being late is nice. but I'm totally more the type who would love to be able to take my time getting to said destination. I'd leave 10 min early and take my time enjoying things and get there when most would if they had left 10 min later. if that make sense

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
I'm late all the time, which is weird since I'm actually quite good at judging how much time has passed (though I tend to be a bit optimistic when estimating how much time something will take). It doesn't matter how early I start getting ready, I always seem to leave in a rush. My friends actually factor in my being late when they decide what time to meet!

I know INFPs are famous for this, and I'm just curious... what makes you late?
Is it a INFP thing? I am so guilty of this too. I can get myself ready super quick but I get sidetracked with things like PerC!!! I know how many mins it takes to put makeup on and get dressed etc but I leave it til the last minute and this is where I go wrong. Still I am usually no more than 10 mins late.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I think ENFPs are even worst...I have chronic "mistiming" syndrome

·
Banned
1,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i'm late because it's early in the bloody morning and i should be falling *asleep* right now, not waking up :(

*grumble grumble*... : /

·
Registered
453 Posts
because the world won't end if I'm late a little bit :p

basically there are things more important than being *right* on time, such as my sanity: no need to rush things where there's still much time left.

and I do things better when I'm in a rush anyway, but I only get the rush when I'm late ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I hate lateness with a passion. I will be infuriated at myself I'm late getting somewhere.

Due to my paranoia, I have wound up getting to where I need to go an HOUR early plenty of times. Lateness is uncommon for me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I usually time what I do, like thinking all the dressing up would take me 30 minutes only so I know when to start and when it should end, but in the end I always take too much time in doing those stuff more than I intended which is what caused me to be late. Then I'd go screaming in my head

I'M GETTING LATE... AGAIN! and I HATE RUSHING!

Regardless of it all, it happens over and over again. :tongue:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am rarely late, and if I am it is most likely due to circumstances beyond my control, like a traffic jam or having to wait for someone else who's running late. I've always been this way. I often arrive at my destination ridiculously early.
Sleep is precious to me, too, but arriving late embarrasses me and makes me feel as if I've gotten off on the wrong foot.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts