Personality Cafe banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
19,112 Posts
For meetings @ work, I'm always early. I like to get a good seat and relax before the meeting starts. For inservices @ work I leave early so I can leave time to figure out directions to a place I've never been before. For other places I don't want to go to, sure I'll be late! :tongue:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The hero always arrives after the scene has been set, and the problem has arose.

Really I'm not late to new things, only routine things.
If I am late to an unordinairy event it's usually due to the fact that I can't drive ten feet without getting lost.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I am an INFP and this not does apply to me. I am actually the one who comes early for meetings, interviews, appointments, and hate it when the person who told me to come early comes about 10 minutes late or more. I have always related being late with irresponsibility maybe this is something that has been taught since a child.

I'm late all the time, which is weird since I'm actually quite good at judging how much time has passed (though I tend to be a bit optimistic when estimating how much time something will take). It doesn't matter how early I start getting ready, I always seem to leave in a rush. My friends actually factor in my being late when they decide what time to meet!

I know INFPs are famous for this, and I'm just curious... what makes you late?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I always leave home at least 30 minutes early because you never know if you are going to encounter bad traffic or an accident, and I still arrive to places way too early.

i'm bad at managing time in a diffrent way. i often give myself waaaaay more time than i need, and i end up waiting for people!

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
1,295 Posts
I usually tend to be punctual for business-related appointments, meetings, or anything of that kind as I make a special effort. Through personal experience and the advice of my ISFJ mother I have learned to do things a lot earlier than I feel like I 'should' do them, to account for unpredictable variables (traffic etc), though I still have a long way to go!

Despite this I do tend to be a very 'last-minute' person, and that's why I have a tendency to be late to things in general. I think, well, why bother going early if it takes X amount of time to do Y action, then I will begin at time Z and not a moment before or after. This always fails if for example public transport is early or late, or I get absorbed in something and end up leaving late, or I discover I accidentally forgot something, or any number of potential hazards. Theoretical perfection vs. impracticality. I would never have sought to change my approach had I not stuffed up so many times because of it.

Reactions: Magenta

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't usually have anywhere to be. but I have always had a problem with the bus. missed more school for that than anything else. not so bad this year though. now I wake up at 6, turn off alarm, go back to sleep or rest till 6:30, then get up get ready and get out the door in about 10-15 minutes. I hate wakeing up.

Reactions: Koime

·
Registered
694 Posts
Does this mean I'm an INFP black sheep? I'm not late. I'm usually excited about everything, and is probably why I'm never late. I am always early.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm late because I'm a messy person ^_^ (it takes time to find my bag...and my books...and my shoes...etc)
And I hate to rush...my motto is "take your time and relax".
This goes worst when I see a cat.
Just...can't...control...myself....Too....Cute~GYAA!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't like being late, I like to take my time so I start early. I do have one class, however, that I am consistently late for, but only because I like to take my time eating lunch...

The exception is, if I'm just going over to a friend's house or meeting someone for lunch, if I say I'll be there in 10, I probably mean more like 20. But most of my friends are the same way though, so I don't think they mind too much.

·
Registered
895 Posts
sleep IS precious,
but, i suck at sleeping anyway! :p
Sorry to hear. Why is that?

I love sleep. I have such wonderfully vivid dreams.

What makes me late is spending too much time studying and/or on the internet. My wife, who I really think is IXTP is even slower getting ready than I am. What happens in our household is that I'm the first one to start getting ready to go somewhere. Then, when I am ready to go, I'm still waiting for her. While I wait, I get engrossed in something. Then when she's ready to go, I'm busy doing something else. This causes some friction in our marriage from time to time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I Like sleep, even though I've reacently stoped haveing al though awsome dreams. the part I hate is wakeing up. not to say I want to go to sleep for ever, but wakeing up is more exausting than never sleeping!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm late all the time, which is weird since I'm actually quite good at judging how much time has passed (though I tend to be a bit optimistic when estimating how much time something will take). It doesn't matter how early I start getting ready, I always seem to leave in a rush. My friends actually factor in my being late when they decide what time to meet!

I know INFPs are famous for this, and I'm just curious... what makes you late?

If it's morning, I'm late because of a combination of sleeping in and being slow-downed by lack of coffee.
Any other time, I'm usually late because I got distracted either on the way, or before leaving.

·
Banned
13,938 Posts
Hmmm....strange I'm never late. I'm always there either right on time or 15 to 30 minutes early. I always double check everything and make sure I didn't forget stuff.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is time: then there is INFP time. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm the sort of person who, on a day when he desperately tries to get somewhere on time and wakes up early for it will:
Get up, watch TV for 45 minutes, maybe while eating something telling myself that 'i've got all the time in the world, you got up really early today...'. Then I'll look at the clock and panic about how much time I've wasted, rush into the shower, get change and STILL end up being late.

·
Registered
704 Posts
How did you know I am always late? Well I guess it's cause I need my own time.

If it's for something that I absolutely HAVE to be one time, be it for a concert, or for my career I'm usually like the first one there! So I can and will be right on time if I absolutely have to be. So I guess my lateness is selective and voluntary? Well maybe it comes down to values. I guess it may come down to that I don't value certain time frames as I think they are lame and abituary.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.