Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum , so I thought I'd toss a softball out there . I've only recently delved into the personality typing through an MBTI , and the type INTJ comes up each time I test . It seems to apply amazingly to me and it was nice to find groups to relate to , as my type tends to isolate , and introspect .
I've heard some seemingly deserved descriptions of my type , not all sweet and fuzzy , but I'm here to gain a little perspective , and enjoy the common thread .
Any suggestions are welcome . I look forward to it .

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
First things first! Welcome to PerC :)

Answering your question, I think that a lot of people misinterpret INTJs and have crazy misconceptions about them. People may not understand their pattern of thinking or how they interact with others. I wouldn't really feel bad about it, because a number of other types get a bad rap too like INTPs, INFPs, and especially ESFJs. Hell, some people think that people of my type are all super depressed crybabies or insane illogical naive twits. My advice to you is to take it all in stride, and if possible, try to understand that description or point of view.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
don't worry, we all get a bad rap! INTJs are the solitary genius evil dictators of the MBTI. but ENFPs are the glitter fairy unicorn floozies of the MBTI. i don't really know which is less flattering ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Personally if I get a bad rap, it's for not sitting back and smiling while letting liberties be taken, and for generally imposing righteous and glorious order on my environment (or at least my desk). Not sure why it might be in your case though.

In any case, welcome. :)

Reactions: ListnToo

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm new to this forum , so I thought I'd toss a softball out there . I've only recently delved into the personality typing through an MBTI , and the type INTJ comes up each time I test . It seems to apply amazingly to me and it was nice to find groups to relate to , as my type tends to isolate , and introspect .
I've heard some seemingly deserved descriptions of my type , not all sweet and fuzzy , but I'm here to gain a little perspective , and enjoy the common thread .
Any suggestions are welcome . I look forward to it .
I know that INTJ's are all sweet and fuzzy deep down!

My suggestion: always use a separate shampoo and conditioner. 2-in-1's just don't do the job properly.

Oh, and...

Hello & Welcome!

First things first! Welcome to PerC :)

Answering your question, I think that a lot of people misinterpret INTJs and have crazy misconceptions about them. People may not understand their pattern of thinking or how they interact with others. I wouldn't really feel bad about it, because a number of other types get a bad rap too like INTPs, INFPs, and especially ESFJs. Hell, some people think that people of my type are all super depressed crybabies or insane illogical naive twits. My advice to you is to take it all in stride, and if possible, try to understand that description or point of view.
Some people think that people of my type are all super depressed cold-hearted crybabies AND insanely logical naive twits.

don't worry, we all get a bad rap! INTJs are the solitary genius evil dictators of the MBTI. but ENFPs are the glitter fairy unicorn floozies of the MBTI. i don't really know which is less flattering ;)
I like the sound of that!!! :happy: ...:blushed:

Oh, but what are INTP's???:unsure:

Reactions: ListnToo

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
My suggestion: always use a separate shampoo and conditioner. 2-in-1's just don't do the job properly.
sometimes i wonder if 2-in-1s are just shampoo and the companies make them just to convince you that you really do need to buy separate conditioner.

I like the sound of that!!! :happy: ...:blushed:

Oh, but what are INTP's???:unsure:
nerdy stubborn brilliant inventors

Reactions: Epimer

·
Registered
64 Posts
@ListnToo Welcome to PerC!
@Admros ... you're avatar reminds me of a rapist.
As for us getting a bad rap... I don't feel like we do, people just don't understand how our minds work. I feel like most of the words used to describe us are compliments (in my mind they are anyway).

I know that INTJ's are all sweet and fuzzy deep down!
And, yes, most INTJ's are actually sweet and fuzzy inside (well, I am anyway!).

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Every type has their negative stereotype, don't worry about it.

ESTP's are stereotyped as jocks/frat boys.
ESFP's are stereotyped as preps.
ESFJ's are stereotyped as 50's housewives.
ESTJ's are stereotyped as steadfast conservatives.
ISTP's are stereotyped as stoners.
ISFP's are stereotyped as hipsters.
ISFJ's are stereotyped as spineless people.
ISTJ's are stereotyped as anal.
ENTP's are stereotyped as crazy people.
ENFP's are stereotyped as clueless balls of sunshine.
ENFJ's are stereotyped as opinionated.
ENTJ's are stereotyped as that boss you really hate.
INTP's are stereotyped as hippies.
INFP's are stereotyped as emo.
INFJ's are stereotyped as conspiracy theorists.
INTJ's are stereotyped as heartless scientists.

Hopefully, this will make you feel better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A big stereotype is that we are cold and heartless, which at least for me is not the case. We appear to be that way because we don't really know how to deal with emotions. We feel emotion it's just hard for us to process and express it. This might not be the case for every INTJ but it is for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts