Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your goals? World domination? Ultimate power and control? Ignore the cliche guesses. What do you do that's 8-ly? To be frank, I'm interested in this type. Indulge me

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
That post appeals greatly to the narcissist in me! I'd be more than happy to oblige you ( ah..indulge you!:laughing:). My primary goal (as well as motivation) in life is to fight injustice. I am incredibly sensitive to injustices, and feel extremely protective towards victims of various types of conflict, domestic violence, child abuse, elder abuse, other issues of concern are minority rights, rights of the disabled. .human rights in general. I am similarly protective of the people I love, and harming someone I care for is an invitation for serious serious trouble.

I am quite focused on power. That's 8-ly as well.
I have a very strong need to ensure that power isn't misused to alienate, deprive and abuse others. In other words, I am concerned with the egalitarian and constructive utilization of power. Needlessly to say, I am power-oriented and seek to empower myself and others.

I am often told that my sense of personal power is quite palpable.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite. I'm in love with this type! And my effing eff, you're an infj. I like that mixture. Thanks for the briefing. I appreciated it more than you know. Secured my admiration. I would feed off of something 'bout you all. Keep fighting for justice cuz I will too

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Thank you! I am glad I could provide some insights into a Type you tend to admire. That fight for justice is close to my heart. I always love to meet individuals who consider justice worth fighting for:). It's great to get to know you!

·
Registered
737 Posts
What are your goals? World domination? Ultimate power and control? Ignore the cliche guesses. What do you do that's 8-ly? To be frank, I'm interested in this type. Indulge me
The truest external goal at the moment is to be a physician. Otherwise I want to simply be involved in what I do, to feel in control of myself and to be an important person in others lives.

hazelwitch said:
I was always very kind and sensitive, and I don't feel like I have to hide this part of me as much as I once did. ...I identify a lot more as an 8w9 today and the description fits me to the T. So, I explained my goals and also how the motivation behind fighting injustice can be traced to my abusive childhood among other factors.
I feel the same now at 23. Thank you for sharing!

I often times felt and feel ashamed of my difficult upbringing and my subsequent sensitivity and vulnerability, but now I'm beginning to understand myself better. There is no shame in being emotional, though for E8's I suspect it's particularly difficult to differentiate between a physiological feeling and an actual emotion (or, at least, I struggled with it).

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hrm. An interesting question. My main motivation is that I want to be powerful, and I want to enjoy myself. I am currently caught in the cracks between two goals, but I have two years to figure it out. One one side I have a strong passion for physics and want to go to university for quantum physics. On the other side I am greatly attracted to a military service and I'd love to move to Israel and join the IDF. So I am at this inpass between the builder and the destroyer in me. The solution that I have come up with for now is to study physics until Israel goes to war and if they do I jump over join the military. I wish I had time for two lifetimes one where i could go one path and one the other.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The more I read on my ENTJ MBTI type and Type 8 E'm type, the more I feel I have received more of a diagnosis than anything.

Personally - I want extreme business success and a wife and children that are an extension of my work life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.