Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So you have intuition somewhere in your stack. (Everyone does)

So you say you are an N dom or aux. Can you explain both similarities and differences you share with the opposite intuitive function? Please share with us similarities Ne & Ni share as well as explaining clear distinctions if you would?

Registered
Well, fear of treading over old ground. Ni is conclusive and Ne is contradictive. Ni is singular, Ne is expansive.

Right with that abstract out of the way... Where do I begin? A common difference between Ne and Ni I see that whilst Ne hates limitations Ni more or less believes in them. A Ni-dom wouldn't word it that way but because of Ni's 'predictive' qualities they often treat those limitations as fact or fate. I'd despise the idea of having my choices limited or believing in a set future. But that's also me rebelling against inferior Si. "Nope, there is no right way!" I'll say as I childishly stamp my feet. Because of this open ended view on life it means we are a lot more flippant (I don't want to promote the flighty Ne-dom stereotype because we can be decisive and consistent) but we are more likely to change styles or views or plans.

Ne can get us in this permanent inner monologue/agreement with ourselves, is impossible to rely on Ne solely for decisions whereas I think this isn't such a problem with Ni doms but they often appear indecisive as they either wait for Fe to tell them if there is an outside consensus that agrees with them or Te to... I dunno, do whatever INTJs do. ;) I can speak about Te from a tertiary position though. So it's possible for a Ne dom to get stuck on a loop of "What if?" and as they get closer to an answer Ne will pipe up with another contradiction and so us ENFPs need Fi and Te to put a halt to that because there's no end to Ne, if you really try it can keep going. NFPs will collect all these ideas and then sort through them with a Fi pile of "agree with" or "disagree" and we often use Te for deciding "factually accurate" but it's not so bothered with a binary sorting. In contrast I like to think that my ENTP has a similar binary of sorting but with "stupid" and "not as stupid".

This might be easier if you ask me stuff... Maybe that'll be a springboard for what you want to know?

Reactions: Sensational

Registered
I got distracted and forgot to mention "similarities"... I think a similarity would be we intuitives enjoy rambling/talking in length and depth about singular topics that interest us. I notice that sensors on this forum are often a lot more succinct in their responses and don't elaborate often without a little more prodding. Prodding an intuitive is kind of like poking a hole in a barrel of water.

Oh, and speaking of metaphors, we tend to use them more as a way of understanding something more simply... I think that can infuriate some sensors.

Reactions: Sensational

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
@Falling Foxes
Thank you for just answering. Appreciated. I am going to consider if I have more questions. To prompt. As of now I just appreciate your response on your interpretation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts