Personality Cafe banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I understand everyone has anxiety issues to a degree but, after getting a better understanding of my MBIT, it makes me curious if it's more common for ISFJs to experience an unusual level of social anxiety?

It is so hard to explain, I will try... When people I don't know see or meet me, I have learned that a majority of them always gets the impression that I'm confident and intimidating (resting bitch face... sigh...). The reality though, is inside, I am an absolute mess who gets urked up and paranoid. The fact that I hate any sort of conflict, I feel the need to think extra carefully before speaking so I don't offend anyone (unless I'm provoked, then my defensive side takes over). Once I know my limit with the person, it gets a little easier to handle. That's only on good days though... sometimes, I fight so hard in my head to "keep it cool" I usually end up feeling like I just did something stupid, stumbling my words or say something without thinking and become paranoid I blew it. Sometimes I obsess over it the next day. Looking at people in the eye is a nightmare of it's own. It's easier on me to watch people for a bit to observe them before I even want them bothering with me. It's weird because I want to be everyone's friend but the fact I have my own issues, I don't want anyone to get the impression I'm some sort of burden. And although I do like to help people when I can, most of the "problems" are usually self inflicted selfish issues (drama) so, that also makes reaching out more difficult.
Pretty much, people exhaust me and I hate the fact it feels like work. I get envious when I see how certain people make socializing look as easy as breathing.
I am at my happy place when I am at home and I do avoid going out unless I absolutely have to. I do have a very small close group of close friends which are all coincidentally fellow introverts, ISTP, INTJ, INFP and INSJ. Not sure if that part is even relevant, lol.

Am I making any sense to anyone?
i feel similarly, i wonder if it doesnt have more to do with 6w5 than it does with ISFJ (my ennaegram too)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't get the social anxiety
Be thankful. That's something I've battled all my adult life (just turned 35 last month), and it's like having your own personal internet troll in real life, putting his hands over your ears and whispering all kinds of things - "she thinks you're annoying, he's only reaching out out of pity, etc" - into your ears.

·
Charge'n Thru The Night
13,983 Posts
Be thankful. That's something I've battled all my adult life (just turned 35 last month), and it's like having your own personal internet troll in real life, putting his hands over your ears and whispering all kinds of things - "she thinks you're annoying, he's only reaching out out of pity, etc" - into your ears.
I get that too. but I am actually annoying =o

21 - 26 of 26 Posts