Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,214 Posts
INFP, I don't really leave the house anyway so I'm distancing by default.
same here.

I have very mild germophobe tendencies, and I have asthma, and a small child who cannot grasp keeping her hands clean and not putting them in her mouth, soooo we are putting extra restrictions on interaction by not grocery shopping as a family, choosing our backyard or a nature reserve over a park with play equipment for outdoor play, and not fiiiiinally getting around to inviting our friends over for tea and play-dates (like I've been meaning to for two months). - which in essence is upping my laze-about factor :tongue:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Extrovert here, ENFP. I like to say that I'm socially introverted, but cognitively extroverted; I need all kinds of external intellectual stimuli, but I'm supremely distrustful of humans. I'm effectively socially distancing myself, but that just means business as usual. I already work from home, I live on a small acreage in the country and keep a large pantry, and I don't do much in-person stuff with people except for pretty special and planned occasions. Three of those events were cancelled, and only one I'm disappointed about.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
ISFP

Pretty distancing. Kind of a lone wolf. Got one friend who I sometimes see (at least once a month).
Preyy much the same answer as most here, there is nothing to do outside.

Sometimes I walk to the store which is about 30 minutes of walking, but thats it.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why do parents tend to set up play dates? Lol. I’m seriously genuinely curious. The thought never occurred to me until I saw groups on social media looking to set up play dates for their toddlers. Someone please explain it to me.

·
Registered
Knavish Equerry
1,200 Posts
ENFP.
I'm home anyway, due to an illness...
Honestly, it's felt like an entirely different world for the past 2-3 days.
No regular library trips, work, college, dojo, or anything else.
I'm used to running around town nearly all week, with maybe a day or two breakoff inbetween.
Already itching to get back at it.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,487 Posts
ESFP

It got warm so I was able to go outside.
Elbow bumps only.
I just got over bronchitis so I am very germ phobic.
But social distancing is hard. I like to be around humans.

·
Registered
13,220 Posts
I don't mind so much about the social distancing part, that's about how I live most of the time. I like working out outside, but I can also work out inside. I like less uncertainty (istj), because if it has to last months, that's another story, freedom of movements being the point for me, not social distancing (unless there was no internet anymore).

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
My default I social distance; however! Too much of an extreme can lead to a harsh fall in the economy. People losing their jobs. Spirals.

So I'm also trying to do my part not to be fearful and hurt the economy. I got a haircut on Thursday and went to the movies this weekend.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I'm not leaving the house anymore, not that I used to much anyway but now that I don't have to leave at all I'll stay put. I might be young but I should really not gamble with covid19, I'm relatively healthy but I sometimes suffer from a high blood pressure, and I have no way of knowing whether or not I have pulmonary hypertension which I am also at risk of having.
I mean I bet I'd be ok but it's not just me it's also the rest of my close family -- we all appear to be genetically predisposed to a plethora of cardiovascular conditions.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,214 Posts
Why do parents tend to set up play dates? Lol. I’m seriously genuinely curious. The thought never occurred to me until I saw groups on social media looking to set up play dates for their toddlers. Someone please explain it to me.
1. reason is probably social pressure to "socialize" your kids, like you're a bad mom to isolate your child from others by not constantly having them play with people "their own age" - as if little monsters like themselves are the best source of learning how to be a decent human :tongue:

2. Kids drive you CRAZY and you need them to be distracted and not just climbing on you and whining "pay wif me" ALL THE TIME. Other kids toys are just way more exciting than their own or something, so going to a friend's house they are happy (well maybe, some of the time when they're not having problems sharing) and You get to commiserate with other parents about the trials of parenthood.

3. Extroversion. There are people out there, as infathomable as it may be to me, who just Need to get out of the house every day, or Need to interact with people face to face, and when you have kids it can be hard to do the things they might actually want to do out of the house, but at least if they take them to see someone else with kids they can get out of the house and not battle with keeping control of them in settings where the general population doesn't understand and is becoming annoyed with their kids or critical of their parenting.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts