Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I use facebook.

I have no patience for twitter or pinterest or any other such thing.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I use facebook to remind me of people's birthdays. :) and to gather funny things.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Does Meme Base count?

People are annoying. Why would I actively subject myself to more of it?

Reactions: Nickel

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I have a Facebook. I go on it to play Tetris mostly. I just recently made a Pinterest account, mostly for the goofy pictures I find.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I use facebook but I can't say I actively chat with people on there. When I play basketball we usually make one of those "events" to get people. Most of the friends list are old buddies from my childhood/high school or people I liked working with.

For the people I hang out with we leave messages on there just to meet up later in the weekend. Sure, we could call each other too but when you read up on what other people are posting, it can also become conversation later on when we meet during the weekend.

Reactions: Benja and chrisu

·
Registered
715 Posts
I use facebook but I can't say I actively chat with people on there. When I play basketball we usually make one of those "events" to get people. Most of the friends list are old buddies from my childhood/high school or people I liked working with.

For the people I hang out with we leave messages on there just to meet up later in the weekend. Sure, we could call each other too but when you read up on what other people are posting, it can also become conversation later on when we meet during the weekend.
exactly the same with me.
i've thought about deleting the account because i hide all gossip and games anyway, but it's just too handy for events.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have facebook, don't use it, delete/reactivate every so often, the few friends I still have are 99% family and 1% really close friends.

Do you really think I give a flying fuck about your manic depressive shit, your daily baby updates for nine straight months, or the consistency of your last bowel movement!?!?

/end rant

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
your daily baby updates for nine straight months
Those are the worst. Thanks for reminding me why I don't read the wall.anymore.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Those are the worst. Thanks for reminding me why I don't read the wall.anymore.
i disagree.
"[random text.] repost if you are [something]!" and "[random text.] x% of people won't repost this. will you be one of the 100-x%?"

Reactions: madhatter

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have Facebook and I actually like it. I think it's really helpful as a social network especially for introverts. I have plenty of acquaintances that can possibly turn out useful some day - for some skill or the other. I wouldn't want to regularly meet every single one of these people, and what Facebook does it's just giving you reminders that these people exist, shows you a small part of their life, so in a time of some small need you know where to turn. And at that point in time, also they know enough about you that it doesn't look like "oh, we haven't seen each other for three years, and here you are now, wanting something from me". And of course I mean it mutually - I'm not just using my friends without giving anything back.

Apart from FB, I only have the LinkedIn account, but I'm not really sure what to use it for.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a fb but I find it so ridiculously useless. Besides it being a source of evidence for underage drinking pictures and attention whoring.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts