Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that a lot of ISTP's have social problems, can be awkward, and overly creepy. Is this something you guys have problems with?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh, yeah, we have a problem with people telling us we have problems for being who we are. Have you read the type description or did you just come to entertain yourself by stirring the pot?
No, I don't have a "type" problem. I ask all types questions like this all the time. No need to over react.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Overly creepy, LOL.

I think the only social problem I have is other people.

Reactions: Land4Marz

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
But what is that supposed to mean?
99% of people I meet are more social than me. And no one seems to understand that. Not being whiny or anything, but I get misunderstood all the time. I either have people thinking I must be depressed or I'm hateful and don't like anybody or people thinking they're helping by trying to be my social planner.

I just want other people to accept and just let me be me.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
99% of people I meet are more social than me. And no one seems to understand that. Not being whiny or anything, but I get misunderstood all the time. I either have people thinking I must be depressed or I'm hateful and don't like anybody or people thinking they're helping by trying to be my social planner.

I just want other people to accept and just let me be me.
Do you have problems communicating or when you do something gets lost in translation? I'm just wondering if that is another ISTP thing.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Do you have problems communicating or when you do something gets lost in translation? I'm just wondering if that is another ISTP thing.
Maybe, but I would think that has more to do with the listener. There are people who are always jumping to conclusions and hear whatever they want to hear.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts

·
Banned
932 Posts
I think this could be their inferior Fe. It is what can cause them stress. So basically I would guess that if they feel like they have to participate in any sort of social exchange or follow social rules then they would withdraw. I obviously can't confirm it because I am not an ISTP.

[Edit/] I am going to GTFO now.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Many of the ISTP's I've met (including myself after watching a few videos of myself) sometimes appear to not have a personality. Others are mistreated because we care about almost nothing other than trying to be happy. I myself have great difficulty communicating because I say things with a passionless face, and then they'd rather listen to the tone of my voice than hear what I have to say, and it just bothers people that I don't care about anything.

Many times I can be a pretty boring person to talk to when I'm really tired. I become super blunt and just about everything I say makes people angry. Mostly because my attitude is "F*** it".

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Many of the ISTP's I've met (including myself after watching a few videos of myself) sometimes appear to not have a personality. Others are mistreated because we care about almost nothing other than trying to be happy. I myself have great difficulty communicating because I say things with a passionless face, and then they'd rather listen to the tone of my voice than hear what I have to say, and it just bothers people that I don't care about anything.

Many times I can be a pretty boring person to talk to when I'm really tired. I become super blunt and just about everything I say makes people angry. Mostly because my attitude is "F*** it".
Interesting, what I have come across is that ISTP's are rather passive aggressive which can cause problems in the area of functional communication. And a lot of the time they are big time fun suckers. But that's just what I have seen and gone through.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Interesting, what I have come across is that ISTP's are rather passive aggressive which can cause problems in the area of functional communication. And a lot of the time they are big time fun suckers. But that's just what I have seen and gone through.
No, no you're right. We suck. You should definitely stay away from us.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
fun suckers? May I ask how? If anything we'd like to have fun. Are you sure they're ISTP and not ISTJ?

Unless your idea of fun is doing as you say... then yes we might be fun suckers.

1 - 20 of 358 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.