Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider myself sort of attractive yet I'm very sociallly awkward.

I feel uncomfortable intiating things, I'm very passive and would like others to take the lead. Therefore, if I am locked in my dorm room, I will stay there because doing otherwise requires me to intiate conversation.

Are there a lot of people like this?

Reactions: hasenj

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Welcome to the world of introverts.

Though some are more extreme than others in regards to their level of isolation.

EDIT: You might want to read through the stickied "5 misconceptions about introverts" in this forum section.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Don't you think it's a bit... insane to have your real name in your signature?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I'm sorry if this is out of topic, but I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove guys who are more socially awkward than I am :crazy: as long as they have the personalities, character and energies I like :D

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I'm very socially awkward. Most of the times I have no idea what to say to others, except for "hi" and "bye".

This is a problem when I notice other people that are interested in me, I just keep to myself most of the times and others think I'm being rude. That's why I think I need to practice on my small-talk.

Therefore:

Hi everyone, how's the weather?:proud:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Welcome to the world of introverts.
Being introverted doesn't mean you're socially awkward and being socially awkward doesn't mean you're an introvert.

Anyway, yeah I'm quite a bit socially awkward also. I think a lot of people are, though.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
How are you?
Doing well, how about you sir?

A few people called me cold, emotionless, heartless, awkward, antisocial, anything that you can think of.

But, I've seen people worse than me.
I'm actually not bad at socializing if there's a fixed topic of conversation and I know what kind of mood I'm dealing with. The trouble starts at informal situations, then I'm screwed.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Yes, but you will still be labeled by other people, and typically that stamp reads social awkward :tongue:
IDK...I had always been pretty quiet, though no one seemed to label me as socially awkward. Just quiet.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I can't really tell, because not a lot of women I know are socially awkward and I'm asexual anyway. Other than that, I can only think of a few more socially awkward dudes than myself, and they kind of have this roller coaster with women they like.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Doing well, how about you sir?
Fine... anything new?

I'm actually not bad at socializing if there's a fixed topic of conversation and I know what kind of mood I'm dealing with. The trouble starts at informal situations, then I'm screwed.
I could be similar like that. But, I don't like formal situations, it gives me pressure.
In informal situations, I couldn't be random.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Oh my god. My best friend knows this guy at school who I've ended up hanging out with a few times.. and he is the perfect example of this. He's such a cutie, and is super fit because he's a swimmer, but he's so damn awkward! I personally find it adorable, though. He's always apologizing every 5 seconds and is just extremely awkward conversationally. But I think it's so entertaining and I love interacting with him just because I never know what he'll say. Needless to say, I have a slight crush on him :mellow: I think he's an INFP, too.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Oh my god. My best friend knows this guy at school who I've ended up hanging out with a few times.. and he is the perfect example of this. He's such a cutie, and is super fit because he's a swimmer, but he's so damn awkward! I personally find it adorable, though. He's always apologizing every 5 seconds and is just extremely awkward conversationally. But I think it's so entertaining and I love interacting with him just because I never know what he'll say. Needless to say, I have a slight crush on him :mellow: I think he's an INFP, too.
they're great ♥

I had one too, as a roommate ! Blushes ALL the time XD
A little moody though

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Up until the age of around 25 I was quiet socially awkward but by then I'd met more people, had a few relationships so I had some experience with it and time to say "hey I really need to get over this already it's stupid" . Even if the whole time before 25 I was mostly nervous (except when drunk which people seemed to love) I managed to see the good in me and that I can be confident at least with talking about things I'm interested in, I can maintain an interesting conversation that is also fun if I'm in the right frame of mind.
The past few years I've felt like I know myself better and have more self confidence which I would say has helped a great deal. I feel a little more extroverted for it as well. I don't dread going out as much though I'm still picky with when (have to be in the perfect mood to do so) and it needs to be planed so I can psych myself up for it.
I've never thought of myself as attractive (too much of a perfectionist in that area which I'm ok with) but these days I get hit on a lot more and the conversations are more interesting but I don't know if that is more because of just me, getting older (experience) or having more self confidence or a combo deal. Sure I still have my moments and love alone time but when going out now I'm not so prone to nervous awkwardness. I think for me I wanted to be a part of the fun and group vibe so much instead of sitting back listening that I made it happen... or at least start to happen. I think for me it's more about the inner beauty that shines that really captures peoples interest.. just being quiet and pretty will get you so far and I guess some are content with that but I'm glad to be making changes.
I used to be intimidated by attractive people but I don't think I am any more I'd say more by intelligent people as I don't feel I can keep up with them and be interesting enough for them.. though one of my ex house mate/best friends (entp) was like that but he placed more worth on having fun and humour than anything else.. which is perfect in my eyes. We fit together well and when you find something like that there is no hard work and it just flows.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, most of the introverts are like that. I can see that someone is trying really hard to get my attention, but I won't talk to him unless he/she takes explicit initiative. In my college, my friends tell me how difficult it was merely to get my attention, let alone friendship

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I don't know if I'm attractive. I mean, I've been told that I am, but I have no idea. I don't even consider that about myself, or other people really, I'm more attractive to personalities then appearances. If you think I'm pretty, good for you. But the socially awkward part, yeah I am. More like I try to avoid it, because I don't know what is expected of me in social situations, therefore I usually end up screwing it up. I'm more comfortable with myself, or a close friend, rather then a large group.

Reactions: 007phantom

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
No I don't think it is weird, I am like a introvert magnet... I am always pursuing people, initiating friendships, relationships. I always thought of myself as more socially awkward for being the go getter, kind of gal, lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts