Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Socially I am a hermit or strange and hyper. I really just don't know how to have a happy middle or socialize with people. I am a great observe and I read people well and that's how I know people aren't very impressed with me. I feel like that creepy nice guy stereotype most of the time. I'm trying to decide if I even want people in my life or not. After trying to socialize with my sisters predominantly ENFP friends I'm leaning towards not.

Any other INFJs experience this?

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I get used on being social awkward, not always, I will not lie, sometimes when I'm talking to new people my head is like "She thinks I'm a freak/creepy" but that's what I am, I can't change it. Actually, I love being the awkward one between my friends (but I choose them because they get me you know?). For me, you don't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used to be socially awkward. Whenever I talked to strangers for the first time, I would always think they're rejecting me as a person. I was wrong though - they were rejecting my opening. No one rejects you as a person.

Opening to strangers is a skill, much like shooting a basketball or kicking a soccer ball. Developing any skill comes with practice. The same principle applies to socializing. Don't give up - just keep socializing until you get the hang of it. And much like trying to learn how to shoot a basketball, you observe the professionals to get the right arc on the ball or positioning on your hands. Similarly, observing people who are well-versed in socializing will help you socialize even better. You can take note on their body language, facial expressions, or tonality - essentially any social skill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts