Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a lil research and stumbled upon this website: EIE Type Description: Ethical Intuitive Extravert, or "Actor"

This is a Short description of an EIE, which is similar (in my opinion) to the ENFJ description. I enjoyed this description because its a different viewpoint. It seems like its describing the stereo types of an EIE, it seemed a lil harsh but regardless I enjoyed it..

Enjoy.

The quintessence of EIEs is what you might call "external self-expression." This is a striving to express externally the urges, passions, and desires one experiences internally. EIEs like to continually draw attention to themselves by making unexpected, abrubt statements, using unusual words or intonations, developing a striking outward appearance, and otherwise sticking out of the "dull crowd."

EIEs' professional activities provide an additional arena for self-expression. EIEs are as much or more interested in their image and others' emotional response to them as in the productivity of their work itself. They strive to be stimulating, captivating, and riveting in whatever they do. They have a great need to evoke an emotional response in other people.

EIEs enjoy being controversial, enigmatic figures. This allows them greater freedom for self-expression that might not fit in the boundaries that others would otherwise assign to them. They enjoy "changing their masks" to rivet others' attention toward them and foil those that would like to "put them in a box." Many EIEs have so many different personas that they wonder who they are "in reality."

Many EIEs declare that they "hate boundaries and limitations," which may at first glance appear to be a rejection of introverted logic. In actuality it is not structure that they reject (they actually welcome and require structure to feel secure), but rather limitations on their self-expression — what they can talk about and how they may express themselves at any given moment. EIEs reject the idea of basing their lives on "being productive, rational, and useful," choosing instead to do as their passions dictate. This focus on self-expression stimulates others around them to also be more expressive and focused on what they are feeling. The EIE usually leads in this process, having the richest arsenal of feelings and means of expressing them.

EIEs typically have a "challenging" communication style — that is, they like saying things that might not be pleasant to hear in order to evoke a spontaneous emotional reaction and study themselves and the other person in the process. They like it when others challenge them with pointed statements as well. EIEs apply meaningful pauses that focus people's attention on the act of communication and heighten the feeling of intensity. EIEs often like to "up the ante" and intensify communication rather than try to quiet things down or smooth things over. This forces people to bare themselves and "show what they're really worth." This is EIEs' "moment of truth." EIEs typically hold in high esteem people who are "true to themselves" and don't conceal their true passions and strivings under layers of hypocrisy.

Many EIEs gravitate towards the social role of a figure who is utterly dedicated to a cause. Many prominent EIEs literally become their cause, having an uncommonly powerful self-identification with the purposes they choose to serve. Such EIEs become the embodiment of selfless devotion to the arts, their academic field, their line of business, or any other area they work is in. They cherish their status as a symbol of utter dedication and bask in the adoration and awe of their "disciples" (students, fans, etc.) who look up to them as mentors, heroes, and even godlike figures. EIEs often are able to arouse a kind of worshipful attitude in their disciples. They like to remain psychologically distant from ("above") the throng, only to unexpectedly shower a worshiper with praise and emotion. EIEs' strong emotional connection with their audience is very important to them. If they are not able to arouse love and devotion, they would rather arouse disgust and disdain than have people treat them with indifference.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well, one thing though, that makes EIE something very different from ENFJ is that in this russian socionics paradigm, for one reason or another, if your first analytical function is extroverted, so is your other one, which to me kind of makes no sense, because then it's like your analytical channels are one way, and the parceptive channels - the other, and that's it. Thus, EIE's functions are Fe Ni Te Si, which, as you can see, differs from ENFJ Fe Ni Se Ti.

still though, of course, since the leading functions are the same, it's worth checking out the EIE stuff too, just keeping in mind that the two aren't really interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
well, one thing though, that makes EIE something very different from ENFJ is that in this russian socionics paradigm, for one reason or another, if your first analytical function is extroverted, so is your other one, which to me kind of makes no sense, because then it's like your analytical channels are one way, and the parceptive channels - the other, and that's it. Thus, EIE's functions are Fe Ni Te Si, which, as you can see, differs from ENFJ Fe Ni Se Ti.

still though, of course, since the leading functions are the same, it's worth checking out the EIE stuff too, just keeping in mind that the two aren't really interchangeable.
wow. I have never noticed that about that last part of the functions ordering.
interesting...

yeah.
I am an IEI though, but I think my friend is an EIE, as of recently.
this discription describes her perfectly and a few other people I know. I guess I am drawn to ENFJ's.
I feel pretty comfortable with them.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
That sounds to me more like ENFPs rather than ENFJs.

Desire for self-expression - auxiliary Fi, making unexpected remarks, abrupt statements, quickly changing line of thought, not very structured life-style - dominant Ne, desire to poke people to provoke a reaction is characteristic of both ENFPs and ENTPs that has been commented on several times on their forums. Gravitating to a figure who has taken on some social cause and holding people who are true to themselves in high admiration - the ENFP I am living with was just telling me a story about a woman who has saved many children from Nazi concentration camps and how she looks up to her for this.

In summary, comparing this to ENFPs that I know and ENFJs that description is much more spot on for the ENFPs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts