Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fight Club: IEI (Cornelius/Jack and Marla) and SLE (Tyler).

Mad Men: either Don as ESI and Rachel Mencken LIE, or Don SLI and the psychologist woman IEE (although this one is a bit more dubious I think).

Sopranos: most of Tony (SLE)'s gumars are IEI, especially the Russian chick and the woman he really likes who throws some meat at his head lol.

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
Fight Club: IEI (Cornelius/Jack and Marla) and SLE (Tyler).
that's a hard sell, because tyler's character is quite different from edward norton's character. i would more readily think of edward norton's character as archetypally IEI. but anyway the quadra values emphases of the movies are in the right place.

anyway here's a short list of my speculations (you won't be shocked to have not heard of any of them i imagine). since they're all fictional characters typing them to begin with is a bit questionable and so most of my typings fall closely in accordance with the quadra value emphases of the show in question.

sanctuary: helen magnus (LIE) and will zimmerman (ESI) and john druitt (ESI)
joan of arcadia: joan girardi (IEE) and adam rove (SLI) -- i am much more certain about adam rove.
babylon 5: john sheridan (ESI) and elizabeth lochley (LIE)

some nonduals by my typings that are duals in "adjusted socionics" taking into account quadra emphases:

V for vendetta: V (EIE) and evey (also beta, perhaps IEI)
eureka: jack carter (LSE) and henry deacon (IEE)

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
^If my dual is ISFP, and those are common, then why aren't I having more great relationships?
I think your dual would be ESFP, not ISFP. I'm ESTP and my dual is supposed to be INFP. I think it switches the first three functions and keeps the last one the same.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, if you read about duals, it says that they are incredibly easy to pass over.

There is so little conflict with them, that at first glance they will seem boring to you.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
BTW, if you read about duals, it says that they are incredibly easy to pass over.

There is so little conflict with them, that at first glance they will seem boring to you.
When I talk with my duals, often it all seems very familiar and too easy. I think people who are used to thinking of their relationships as "work" would be especially prone to not recognizing and dismissing their duals, because the interaction is often so smooth that it runs contrary to what they have come to expect out of their relationships (i.e. misunderstandings, arguments, fighting, working hard on keeping things together, and relationship counseling).

Pictures of Dual couples: Duals
Profiles of dualities: Relations of Duality

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
^If my dual is ISFP, and those are common, then why aren't I having more great relationships?
I have seen very few instances of the theory panning out in reality.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have seen very few instances of the theory panning out in reality.
Have you seen ENTPs and ISFPs get together and split up, or have you just not seen them get together?

I read something about how there are certain speech patterns and small interpersonal signs that can tip you off to the fact that a dual is around. I was talking to an ISFP I met online the other day, pretending to be interested in a fictional person, begging for the fictional person's name, and we were building up this bit.
I said, "please!"
The ISFP said, "he is so shy".

I was improving with another ISFP, and I said,
"We want to hang out with you, cause you're cool"
He said, "yeah, you're seniors"

The wording itself was just so perfect and amusing to me.

I've read that the more you are around your dual, the easier it is to attract others of their kind.

Socionics: Dual Relations, Duality, and Dualization

I've also read that the relations are so perfect, people relax completely.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Have you seen ENTPs and ISFPs get together and split up, or have you just not seen them get together?

I read something about how there are certain speech patterns and small interpersonal signs that can tip you off to the fact that a dual is around. I was talking to an ISFP I met online the other day, pretending to be interested in a fictional person, begging for the fictional person's name, and we were building up this bit.
I said, "please!"
The ISFP said, "he is so shy".

I was improving with another ISFP, and I said,
"We want to hang out with you, cause you're cool"
He said, "yeah, you're seniors"

The wording itself was just so perfect and amusing to me.

I've read that the more you are around your dual, the easier it is to attract others of their kind.

Socionics: Dual Relations, Duality, and Dualization

I've also read that the relations are so perfect, people relax completely.
Well, by this logic, I have to be an SLE. I have been looking for my socionics type, and really the only person I have ever felt that way with is an IEI. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was reading the socionics.us site and he was arguing that most socionics work paints the picture that a large percentage of people who are your dual will make all your dreams come true. However, in reality only about 1 in 40 duals you meet will be a good match.

I'm married to a dual and I have to say it's been really good and it's gotten better with time but I still think duality is just a little bit over-rated or over-glorified. I'd much rather be married to a highly compatible super-ego than a non-compatible dual.

·
Registered
383 Posts

Don't buy into the idea that there is no conflict between duals. In my experience duals are so different that misunderstandings arise quite often in the beginning. As you overcome the misunderstandings, conflicts gradually decrease. The hardest part of my relationship was the dating segment. We had some huge blowout misunderstandings while we were dating. We didn't date long and so we had to iron out conflicts during the first couple years of marriage too. By the time we had been married 5 years and had a couple kids, the conflicts had all pretty much ended. We've been together 10 years now and never fight anymore. It took me 8 years of marriage with her before I realized that I can't live without her.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts