Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo I'm an ESTp in socionics and I'm on a mission to find the INFp honies.

Where are you hiding?

I know you guys are INFJ's, but socionics is odd in that you can be INFJ and INFp at the same time. Most of the socionics forums are pretty much dead so I came here instead.

I've met several INFp's in my life and they've always been too scared to talk to me, which for some strange reason also makes me too scared to talk to them. Some sort of odd reciprocity.

Wikisocion says INFp women typically like to do gymnastics, or are dancers. Well I happen to be a gymnast and that happens to be the place where I met most of the INFp's in my life, but I didn't realize they were INFp's, I just thought they were super hawt. Anyway eventually, most gymnasts grow too old to continue doing gymnastics, so through super genius scientific deduction I will conclude that the chances of finding an INFp in my empty adult gymnastics classes will be pretty slim.

Any ideas? Winner gets a baby.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Dude,

Yoga class?

On the bus? (Note: we're the ones people-watching or staring into nothing because we're thinking intently).

You ESTPs are seemingly plentiful. I spot you guys all the time. You can find us by looking us in the eye and seeing how quickly we look away. If in that split second, you caught an intense glare, you probably found an INFJ/INFp. This will be hard though, because for the most part we'll look down before we're near enough.

As for the "too scared to talk to each other" reciprocity. You just gotta push through it. Ask real questions about what's on our mind. If you're just trying to impress us the way that works on other people (ie. talking about how awesome you are), we'll stay quiet and just let you talk. Second, show us how to do something you're good at, because chances are, we want to be good at it too. We don't need chivalry, we want to be treated as equals.

ETA: I was sitting beside one of you today on the bus and I could feel our exchange of energy. Granted, I'm attuned to the ESTp/INFp dynamic, so it might just be me. My suggestion is to try out it -- on the bus, sit beside someone you think is INFp and see what it feels like. Nudge them by accident and apologize while looking them in the eyes. You should be able to tell at this point.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I know you guys are INFJ's, but socionics is odd in that you can be INFJ and INFp at the same time.
It's not odd. The IEI and EII types are very distinct in socionics, belong to different quadras and have very different personalities once you get to know them. It's just in MBTI that the confusion exists, so don't blame socionics for that.

Any ideas? Winner gets a baby.
Duality is definitely worth going for. Just try to get to know more IEIs in real life. Also, if you meet people of your own quadra, like ISTJ(LSI), ESTP(SLE) and ENFJ(EIE) then you are likely to run into INFPs(IEI) also, because they often hang out together. If you want to get really tactical you can try to get to know the activator of your dual (ISTJ/LSI). They will lead you to more IEIs, since activation is a common relationship.

Most of the socionics forums are pretty much dead so I came here instead.
If you want to do socionics, go to this forum. There is activity. It's generally better not to mix MBTI and socionics. Yes, they are related and types are often the same, but mixing them creates more harm than good.

EDIT: Are you sure you are an ESTP/SLE?

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's not odd. The IEI and EII types are very distinct in socionics, belong to different quadras and have very different personalities once you get to know them. It's just in MBTI that the confusion exists, so don't blame socionics for that.

Duality is definitely worth going for. Just try to get to know more IEIs in real life. Also, if you meet people of your own quadra, like ISTJ(LSI), ESTP(SLE) and ENFJ(EIE) then you are likely to run into INFPs(IEI) also, because they often hang out together. If you want to get really tactical you can try to get to know the activator of your dual (ISTJ/LSI). They will lead you to more IEIs, since activation is a common relationship.

If you want to do socionics, go to this forum. There is activity. It's generally better not to mix MBTI and socionics. Yes, they are related and types are often the same, but mixing them creates more harm than good.

EDIT: Are you sure you are an ESTP/SLE?
yar. Why? Do you unexpectedly think I'm a nice guy who doesn't fit the sociopathic serial killer stereotypes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts