Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored so I decided to look into socionics to see what that system had to offer and man is it stupid. "The INTj typically has rounded shoulders." HAHAH! Am I wrong or is this astrology at it's worst?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think socionics does focus too much on the physical/appearances. For ENTJ it says that we have no fashion sense and might wear clashing clothing as an experiment, or something along those lines. I think that in that particular thread we discussed how wrong and irrelevant that statement is.

Other than the physical, though, I thought the ENTJ was pretty spot on.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Socionics is a vastly superior system to MBTI bro, and I would disregard all this "INTj have rounded shoulders" nonsense immediately. This is not how socionics works. Check out Wikisocion for what Socionics really is. What makes it powerful is the logical comparisons of the functions and how they play into the inter-type relations.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If that's not how socionics works THEN WHY DO THEY BEGIN THE DESCRIPTION THAT WAY?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
If that's not how socionics works THEN WHY DO THEY BEGIN THE DESCRIPTION THAT WAY?
Maybe you should try looking into socionics a little more depth :mellow:

·
Registered
265 Posts
These descriptions are russian bullshit, end of story. Socionics is not MBTI, so don't expect a MBTI type description. How a socionics type description works is how through the blocks of functions are exhibited externally.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Socionics is for idiots. So stupid.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Visual identification

This method is based on the principle that people of the same Psychological Type have similar body structures, facial expressions, facial structures and eyes. Socionics experts use the visual method of personality identification as a main method (wherever possible) and all other methods for assistance. More on this method later.

Advantages of the method: instant identification; the quickest and most reliable of all known methods; no need for personal involvement; allows remote identification and identification by photographs;

Disadvantages of the method: practical application requires a great deal of experience and training; the identification process can be complicated by racial differences."

If you believe this: You are a moron. "The quickest and most reliable of all known methods"???? For God's sake.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Visual identification

This method is based on the principle that people of the same Psychological Type have similar body structures, facial expressions, facial structures and eyes. Socionics experts use the visual method of personality identification as a main method (wherever possible) and all other methods for assistance. More on this method later.

Advantages of the method: instant identification; the quickest and most reliable of all known methods; no need for personal involvement; allows remote identification and identification by photographs;

Disadvantages of the method: practical application requires a great deal of experience and training; the identification process can be complicated by racial differences.

If you believe this: You are a moron. "The quickest and most reliable of all known methods"???? For God's sake.
haha, not all socionists believe in the validity of VI. You need to get good at it. It's not so much the structure of the face and body as it is the body and face language of the person. I know a socionist named Ashton who is wonderful at it. I am good at reading vibes of people, so it's not all bullcrap, but that is my subjective opinion.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could believe that. I spot INFJ's byy how they walk or INTX by lack of facial expression a lot of the time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
OP, don't bash something you refuse to understand. Of course the physical descriptions are off, but seriously, who pays any attention to them?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm reading the descriptions. They are accurate but they are nothing ground breaking either.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How am I supposed to take these people seriously after they just made such a stupid statement. If you can't get that right you can't get anything right.

And if you do it's because you got lucky.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I could believe that. I spot INFJ's byy how they walk or INTX by lack of facial expression a lot of the time.
Yeah, it's not that far-off from reality. But as you might agree, a much more fool-proof method is to know people in real life rather than looking at candid photos of them. Photos are one-dimensional things, and VI is tailored for that. Yes, there are Russian socionists who go all out and say you are X type because of your cheekbone size or something, but this is near unbelievable stuff. I would prefer to stick to how people smile and how their eyes look in pictures to get any idea of what their socionics type is.

Anyway, if you are interested about Socionics, read about Model A on wikisocion and leave the more esoteric ideas for later.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ENTp ISFp ESFj INTj ENFj ISTj ESTp INFp ESFp INTp ENTj ISFj ESTj INFj ENFp ISTp
ENTp Idn Dlt Act Mrr Bn> Sp> Lkl Ill Ego Cnt Qid Cnf Bn< Sp< Cmp Sdl
ISFp Dlt Idn Mrr Act Sp> Bn> Ill Lkl Cnt Ego Cnf Qid Sp< Bn< Sdl Cmp
ESFj Act Mrr Idn Dlt Cmp Sdl Bn< Sp< Qid Cnf Ego Cnt Lkl Ill Bn> Sp>
INTj Mrr Act Dlt Idn Sdl Cmp Sp< Bn< Cnf Qid Cnt Ego Ill Lkl Sp> Bn>
ENFj Bn< Sp< Cmp Sdl Idn Dlt Act Mrr Bn> Sp> Lkl Ill Ego Cnt Qid Cnf
ISTj Sp< Bn< Sdl Cmp Dlt Idn Mrr Act Sp> Bn> Ill Lkl Cnt Ego Cnf Qid
ESTp Lkl Ill Bn> Sp> Act Mrr Idn Dlt Cmp Sdl Bn< Sp< Qid Cnf Ego Cnt
INFp Ill Lkl Sp> Bn> Mrr Act Dlt Idn Sdl Cmp Sp< Bn< Cnf Qid Cnt Ego
ESFp Ego Cnt Qid Cnf Bn< Sp< Cmp Sdl Idn Dlt Act Mrr Bn> Sp> Lkl Ill
INTp Cnt Ego Cnf Qid Sp< Bn< Sdl Cmp Dlt Idn Mrr Act Sp> Bn> Ill Lkl
ENTj Qid Cnf Ego Cnt Lkl Ill Bn> Sp> Act Mrr Idn Dlt Cmp Sdl Bn< Sp<
ISFj Cnf Qid Cnt Ego Ill Lkl Sp> Bn> Mrr Act Dlt Idn Sdl Cmp Sp< Bn<
ESTj Bn> Sp> Lkl Ill Ego Cnt Qid Cnf Bn< Sp< Cmp Sdl Idn Dlt Act Mrr
INFj Sp> Bn> Ill Lkl Cnt Ego Cnf Qid Sp< Bn< Sdl Cmp Dlt Idn Mrr Act
ENFp Cmp Sdl Bn< Sp< Qid Cnf Ego Cnt Lkl Ill Bn> Sp> Act Mrr Idn Dlt
ISTp Sdl Cmp Sp< Bn< Cnf Qid Cnt Ego Ill Lkl Sp> Bn> Mrr Act Dlt Idn

Lame.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, it's not that far-off from reality. But as you might agree, a much more fool-proof method is to know people in real life rather than looking at candid photos of them. Photos are one-dimensional things, and VI is tailored for that. Yes, there are Russian socionists who go all out and say you are X type because of your cheekbone size or something, but this is near unbelievable stuff. I would prefer to stick to how people smile and how their eyes look in pictures to get any idea of what their socionics type is.

Anyway, if you are interested about Socionics, read about Model A on wikisocion and leave the more esoteric ideas for later.
okay I will.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts