·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If You Are the ISTP: Craftsperson

"Love is action."

You Are Someone Who:

Enjoys working with your hands
May create a life that revolves around your favorite hobbies and pastimes.
Is very protective of your personal space.
Believes in the philosophy of "live and let live."
Can be unpredictable; ranging from raging enthusiasm to quiet reserve.

If You Are Female, Your Best Matches Are:
ISTPs: Craftspersons
ESTPs: Wheeler-Dealers
ENFJs: Growth Teacher

If You Are Male, Your Best Matches Are:
ISTPs: Craftspersons
ISFPs: Gentle Artists
ENFJs: Growth Teachers

If You Want to Win the Heart of Your Ideal Mate, Do the Following:
For ISTPs:
*Talk less and do more--the more spontaneous you are, the better.
*Join them in their favorite high-thrill hobbies such as jet skiing, kayaking, or parachuting.
*Show appreciation for their hands-on skills as they tinker with a '65 Mustang, practice on a Fender Stratocaster guitar, or bake delicious homemade brownies.
*Give them plenty of independence and space; allow them to come to you when they are ready.
For ESTPs:
*Join them on any of their favorite fun activities: dancing, gambling, diving, jet skiing, and so on.
*Don't be overly possessive: they love to flirt and can't stand anyone who doesn't allow them to be social.'
*Put your foot down, however, when they are being too flirtatious; they respect a mate who won't let them get away with excessive extra-curricular flirting that may lead to an affair.
*Encourage them to do what they do best: entertain you and make you laugh until you cry.
For ENFJs:
*Don't make them jealous; when you're with them (especially in the beginning of the relationship), don't be overly attentive of other attractive people.
*Provide plenty of verbal affection.
*Make sure you are on time for your dates.
*Show respect and support for their strongly held opinions, beliefs, and preferences.
For ISFPs:
*Talk softly and slowly so you don't scare this gentle creature.
*Share activities with ISFPs that revolve around their favorite things: children, the arts, animals, and nature.
*Don't over compliment them--they may take your words as hype or insincerity.
*Give them simple, heartfelt gifts such as homemade cards, fruit baskets, or embroidered pillows.
*Spend a lot of time with them in the outdoors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm an ISTP, my wife's an ESTJ. We've been married 4 years now and we seem to fit pretty well. We do have some conflicts between our P and J sides, but I think sharing the logical T and down to earth S personality traits really helps us see eye-to-eye on most things. Plus her extroversion helps my social life.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
These are recommended matches for ISTP according to socionics.

ISTP +

Attractive relations:
+ ENFJ - Duality description is under LSI-EIE
+ INFJ - Activity Relations
+ ESFJ - Semi-duality Relations
+ ENTJ - Mirage relations
+ INTJ - Benefit relations where ISTP is benefactor and INTJ is beneficiary
+ ISFJ - Benefit relations where ISFJ is benefactor and ISTP is beneficiary

Medium level relations:
+ ESTJ - Extinguishment Relations
+ ESTP - Mirror Relations
+ INTP - Kindred Relations
+ ISFP - Business Relations
+ ISTJ - Quasi-identical Relations
+ ISTP - Identity Relations

Difficult relations:
+ ENFP - Conflict Relations
+ INFP - Superego relations
+ ENTP- Supervision-relations where ENTP is supervisor and ISTP is supervisee
+ ESFP - Supervision-relations where ISTP is supervisor and ESFP is supervisee

These compatibilities are based on correspondence in cognitive functions: you and your romantic partner will find it easier to understand each other if your jungian types have all or at least some of the cognitive functions in common.

Profiles of erotic attitudes.

Jungian type is not the only factor that influences compatibility. Enneagram type and instinctual stackings also hold their sway.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Are you sure? I thought enfp was dual?
Quite sure. Take a look at ISTP's and ENFJ's cognitive functions: ISTP is Ti,Se,Ni,Fe while ENFJ is Fe,Ni,Se,Ti. It's exact same ones in reverse.

ISTPs and ENFPs are in relations of conflict, but don't despair! It doesn't mean that they will always fight but they won't easily understand one another.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I guess that's a good shift...i couldn't imagine it at all. I'm confused then as to which type enfp is dual with if not istp? As rare and hard to find as a magical unicorn, no doubt.

·
Registered
454 Posts
These are recommended matches for ISTP according to socionics.

ISTP +

Attractive relations:
+ ENFJ - Duality description is under LSI-EIE
+ INFJ - Activity Relations
+ ESFJ - Semi-duality Relations
+ ENTJ - Mirage relations
+ INTJ - Benefit relations where ISTP is benefactor and INTJ is beneficiary
+ ISFJ - Benefit relations where ISFJ is benefactor and ISTP is beneficiary

Medium level relations:
+ ESTJ - Extinguishment Relations
+ ESTP - Mirror Relations
+ INTP - Kindred Relations
+ ISFP - Business Relations
+ ISTJ - Quasi-identical Relations
+ ISTP - Identity Relations

Difficult relations:
+ ENFP - Conflict Relations
+ INFP - Superego relations
+ ENTP- Supervision-relations where ENTP is supervisor and ISTP is supervisee
+ ESFP - Supervision-relations where ISTP is supervisor and ESFP is supervisee

These compatibilities are based on correspondence in cognitive functions: you and your romantic partner will find it easier to understand each other if your jungian types have all or at least some of the cognitive functions in common.

Profiles of erotic attitudes.

Jungian type is not the only factor that influences compatibility. Enneagram type and instinctual stackings also hold their sway.
I read a couple of those. Honestly, it sounds like a lot of bullshitting. It's theorycraft and that's all it is. The statements about duality and mirrored and same type whatever really does sound like a bunch of people decided to write a bunch of nonsense. I can't help but doubt anything stated

At first i was thinking "yea, makes sense" but as i kept reading on, i doubted more and more

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
ENFP is Ne Fi Te Si -> dual would be Si Te Fi Ne… ISTJ?
In MBTI the J/P dichotomy means Dynamic/Static in Socionics and that makes the MBTI ISTJ an ISTp in Socionics.

Dynamic (temporal, time)
Static (spatial, space)

Ji Pe (Ti, Fi, Se, Ne) Types are Statics and Je Pi (Te, Fe, Si, Ni) Types are Dynamics.
Isabel Myers Briggs used the auxiliary function for Introverts because the auxiliary is an extroverted one.
N/S function are (p) perceiving/irrational
T/F functons are (j) judging/rational

ISTp/ISTJ (Si Te Fi Ne)
ISTj/ISTP (Ti Se Ni Fe)

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I read a couple of those. Honestly, it sounds like a lot of bullshitting. It's theorycraft and that's all it is. The statements about duality and mirrored and same type whatever really does sound like a bunch of people decided to write a bunch of nonsense. I can't help but doubt anything stated

At first i was thinking "yea, makes sense" but as i kept reading on, i doubted more and more
How old are you and how many relationships have you been in?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I am an ENFJ and I haven't experienced duality... that I know of.

My dad is my semi-dual and my best friend mirage and my mom is kindred.

ISTP would be fun though. they would have to be into my likings for the occult though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I find your understanding pertaining to ISTp duality to be extremely inaccurate. You do not make use of MBTI functions and force them to fit within the Socionics parameters. If only you analyze a little bit more, MBTI functions and Socionics functions are really different. Socionics, explains to very specific details how ISTps interacts/relates to other stereotypes. It makes MBTI look so outdated with its insights. This thread on the other hand is not outdated, it's just wrong.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
I find your understanding pertaining to ISTp duality to be extremely inaccurate. You do not make use of MBTI functions and force them to fit within the Socionics parameters. If only you analyze a little bit more, MBTI functions and Socionics functions are really different. Socionics, explains to very specific details how ISTps interacts/relates to other stereotypes. It makes MBTI look so outdated with its insights. This thread on the other hand is not outdated, it's just wrong.
Outdated seems about right when you necro a thread from 2008 and actually describes the lsi type, not sli. Confusing type annotations. The stereotype seems about correct given this assumption.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I'm confused. This is the socionics forum, so we are talking about Ti-Se ISTP which is in fact LSI - ISTj right?

o_O also the craftsperson is Si-Te SLI or ISTp....imo it has to do with Si. All Si doms I know enjoy stuff like cooking, crafting & making physical stuff with their hands. This one SEI perticularly enjoys arts and crafts, building film set props.

As far as I can tell Si ppl are also kinda layed back and not very "action" orientated...minimal effort if possible for maximum enjoyment, especially if cozy & comfortable.

I know only one guy who could be SLI...and he is lazy, emotional like rock, very quiet (as in he barely speaks and when he does its in short sentences) and loves doing his own stuff, especially if it involves hiking in nature alone. He is a systemadmin, down to earth as fuck, loves life....very chill.

...omg I know another guy who is the same..that makes 2 potential ISTPs.

o_O both are IT dudes who are into photography and hiking alone in nature (forest, mountains etc).

·
Registered
260 Posts
How are you all so sure that MBTI type descriptions will apply so directly to their Socionics equivalents? What if MBTI functions are simply different from Socioncis information elements? The epithet 'craftsperson' does seem to fit SLIs more than LSIs, but that does not mean that some other type will not turn out ISTP. MBTI is a corporate tool that judges by external, apparent traits, more than the functions themselves (because of that, one's result on an MBTI function test can very well be different from their result on those dichotomous MBTI tests) so you cannot just say that ISTPs and LSIs are the same just because their functions are both given the same symbol.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
How are you all so sure that MBTI type descriptions will apply so directly to their Socionics equivalents? What if MBTI functions are simply different from Socioncis information elements? The epithet 'craftsperson' does seem to fit SLIs more than LSIs, but that does not mean that some other type will not turn out ISTP. MBTI is a corporate tool that judges by external, apparent traits, more than the functions themselves (because of that, one's result on an MBTI function test can very well be different from their result on those dichotomous MBTI tests) so you cannot just say that ISTPs and LSIs are the same just because their functions are both given the same symbol.
That just highly depends on how one chooses to interpret what the MBTI is and what the goal and purpose of it is. If one interprets it like the definition offered here then you are correct, but if one assumes that MBTI type should be reflective of Jungian cognitive type, then it is incorrect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts