Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've tried tackling any of this but I'll get into that later.

I made a basic table based on what how I'm interpreting Socionics at the moment. I'm wondering if this relates to anyone else.

Simply start left choosing a group of words that you connect with or personify you the most and see if you get your type.

Sources:
Information elements | School of System Socionics
Socionics - the16types.info - Aspects Semantics (Prokofieva)

My guess is the four types you end up surrounded by (dual, kindred, semi-dual) will still feel like a nice group despite being not being your quadra.

Now for a bit of rambling...

I never got around to finishing what I said I would do (a personality table with fictional examples, improved test) was because I'm still testing the validity of the system. I wasn't sure fictional characters would be possible so I thought I'd try with real people and the puzzle still doesn't quite fit together so well based on what I've learned. It still doesn't feel like anyone has gotten to the root of a type and things like extroversion definitely become too apparent in type descriptions... and what good is the system if you can't describe the people in it. Gulenko's DCNH system, temperaments and descriptions all seem to trip over each other in my understanding.

Anyone relate to this any?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting so far... now I'm extra curious as to whether or not someone actually identifies with the other three sets. The words don't seem very appealing to me but I'm guessing they're not supposed to.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I got ISFp. And that's what I've ended up so far as typing myself as, with some doubts because I'm ISFP in MBTI, and well Si-Fe vs Fi-Se and stuff...

Reactions: TheGrayInk

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm new to Socionics, and by new I mean I finished the test for the first time about 10 minutes ago. Using your chart I landed on the type I got as my test result: INTp.

In the second column, systems and passion really spoke to me which would have led me to different types, but for some reason knowledge and love/hate appealed to me a bit more. All the other columns were super easy for me to choose from.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
from what I know, socionic's ISFp is Myers Briggs' ISFJ. Cmiiw :eek:
Really? How so?

As I wrote, MBTI J/P correlates to Socio Static/Dynamic and changes from an extrovert to introvert because E = -I hence an ESFJ being a dynamic while an ISFJ being a static. With this in mind, MBTI ISFJ would indeed correlate with ESI, that is ISFj. Then there is the question of descriptions in which area the correlation is also suspiciously high. Finally, because Se(m) != Se(s) (likewise for Si), the questions presents itself: what really corellates with what?

Corrolary: I'm both an ISFJ and ESI, no matter what anyone would tell you. Unless they DRASTICALLY rewrite ISFP description, I highly doubt I'd be that. Then there's the problem of Dynamics...

·
Registered
456 Posts
from what I know, socionic's ISFp is Myers Briggs' ISFJ. Cmiiw :eek:
That's what I meant, that I have doubts about my type because the functions/information elements don't really match with ISFp and ISFP. On the other hand they do sound pretty similar in the end.

Really? How so?

As I wrote, MBTI J/P correlates to Socio Static/Dynamic and changes from an extrovert to introvert because E = -I hence an ESFJ being a dynamic while an ISFJ being a static. With this in mind, MBTI ISFJ would indeed correlate with ESI, that is ISFj. Then there is the question of descriptions in which area the correlation is also suspiciously high. Finally, because Se(m) != Se(s) (likewise for Si), the questions presents itself: what really corellates with what?

Corrolary: I'm both an ISFJ and ESI, no matter what anyone would tell you. Unless they DRASTICALLY rewrite ISFP description, I highly doubt I'd be that. Then there's the problem of Dynamics...
If I read your post right, I agree with you (getting a bit lost in seeing the terms of both systems at the same time).

Yes I think as even though I also end up typing as SEI while looking at information elements in different function placements, I could look through a bit of that and think that, okay maybe it works, especially as I can quite relate to Fi in a high position in socionics as well. But I can't explain away the fact that the dichotomies (Reinins and what there is) in socionics just don't work for me with ESI. I relate to most of the dichotomies of SEI of all of the types, though I'm not quite sure about which way I go with all dichotomies, and SEE even works better for me than ESI. So for me it seems like socionics has moved so much in different directions from MBTI that you can't always say that X = Y between the systems, even though they have the same origins.

Edit: Just had to add that my above statements may seem a bit contradictory. I mean I have doubts yes, because people keep saying that things should work between the systems, but then I don't really see how they would always work, so I go back and forth in my thoughts in this, and this is why I haven't really gotten that much into socionics, because I can't always work with the differences in them while they are similar. Plus the fact that a lot of the information is translated from Russian (and some other languages too maybe), and the translations aren't always good, which annoys me.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I liked the INTj (mbti INTP) words the best.

I think "power", "fortune", and "force" are words that don't describe INTp very well at all.

ENTj, on the other hand. . .

Reactions: TheGrayInk

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
That's what I meant, that I have doubts about my type because the functions/information elements don't really match with ISFp and ISFP. On the other hand they do sound pretty similar in the end.

If I read your post right, I agree with you (getting a bit lost in seeing the terms of both systems at the same time).

Yes I think as even though I also end up typing as SEI while looking at information elements in different function placements, I could look through a bit of that and think that, okay maybe it works, especially as I can quite relate to Fi in a high position in socionics as well. But I can't explain away the fact that the dichotomies (Reinins and what there is) in socionics just don't work for me with ESI. I relate to most of the dichotomies of SEI of all of the types, though I'm not quite sure about which way I go with all dichotomies, and SEE even works better for me than ESI. So for me it seems like socionics has moved so much in different directions from MBTI that you can't always say that X = Y between the systems, even though they have the same origins.

Edit: Just had to add that my above statements may seem a bit contradictory. I mean I have doubts yes, because people keep saying that things should work between the systems, but then I don't really see how they would always work, so I go back and forth in my thoughts in this, and this is why I haven't really gotten that much into socionics, because I can't always work with the differences in them while they are similar. Plus the fact that a lot of the information is translated from Russian (and some other languages too maybe), and the translations aren't always good, which annoys me.
To understand what I said requires the ability to almost hold two thoughts in the same time. A rare ability if any. To understand mechanics, ofc!

The gist being: so you're an ISF, good. Dynamic or Static?

Reactions: pivot_turn

·
Registered
456 Posts
To understand what I said requires the ability to almost hold two thoughts in the same time. A rare ability if any. To understand mechanics, ofc!

The gist being: so you're an ISF, good. Dynamic or Static?
According to my notes I'm thinking dynamic. So that makes ISFp, right? And in quadras I always end up thinking that Alpha sounds most right.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
According to my notes I'm thinking dynamic. So that makes ISFp, right? And in quadras I always end up thinking that Alpha sounds most right.
I am not dynamic. So yes, Dynamic ISF would be what you'd call a SiFe-Alpha quadra. Indeed it is so. How does MBTI ISFP description sound to you? Ignore the functions.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am not dynamic. So yes, Dynamic ISF would be what you'd call a SiFe-Alpha quadra. Indeed it is so. How does MBTI ISFP description sound to you? Ignore the functions.
I've always related to MBTI ISFP descriptions, though also to some extent to some others. I just took the time to read through some descriptions of both ISFP and ISFJ and I definitely relate more to ISFP. There's a lot similarity between the descriptions of those two, but usually when it differs I feel like ISFP gets closer to the truth. And by now I'm starting to be at least somewhat confident in my typing as ISFP in MBTI. If looking at dichotomies there, S/N is usually the one that's more unclear, but now I'm pretty sure I'm a sensor.

And sorry, I'm not meaning to derail the thread.

Edit: :laughing: I just heard Coldplay's High Speed in the background and instead of hearing "confidence in high speed" I heard "confidence in ISP". Must be a sign. :p

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I've always related to MBTI ISFP descriptions, though also to some extent to some others. I just took the time to read through some descriptions of both ISFP and ISFJ and I definitely relate more to ISFP. There's a lot similarity between the descriptions of those two, but usually when it differs I feel like ISFP gets closer to the truth. And by now I'm starting to be at least somewhat confident in my typing as ISFP in MBTI. If looking at dichotomies there, S/N is usually the one that's more unclear, but now I'm pretty sure I'm a sensor.

And sorry, I'm not meaning to derail the thread.

Edit: :laughing: I just heard Coldplay's High Speed in the background and instead of hearing "confidence in high speed" I heard "confidence in ISP". Must be a sign. :p
Let the pieces fall into place. Feel how glorious it is! My dear ISFP!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I can't even do this, it's so vague. ENTp? ISFp? I don't know, none of them really sound right.
Of course you can't because there isn't any logic to be found. And that's too much for you. It's ok, the same happens to me when an Ne dominant starts talking. The "wut?" effect right?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I liked the INTj (mbti INTP) words the best.

I think "power", "fortune", and "force" are words that don't describe INTp very well at all.

ENTj, on the other hand. . .
The word pairings are meant to be appealing rather than simply describe that type. Words along these lines are often associated with Se/Ni and I'm just seeing where they land.
I can't even do this, it's so vague. ENTp? ISFp? I don't know, none of them really sound right.
Ya know I never considered this could come off as vague. That's very interesting. I'll edit it later.
Too ambiguous...
At first I ended up with ESTp, then INTp and ENFj.
Yeah I'll work on the ambiguity, but there is a connection between those 3. They all value Ni/Se.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well here's version 2. I unfortunately couldn't update the original post.

I replaced a few redundant word choices and got a tad bit more specific. I don't think I can get any more detailed than this without mixing in too much of own interpretation of things.

Looking at this I can see a much deeper line is drawn between the INTx and INFx but I'm skeptical about how accurate the Se/Ni column is.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts