Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :) This is my second shot at doing a typing thread. I did one a few years back and most of the responses I received were ISFP/ESFP. I stuck with the ISFP typing for a while and I definitely related to the other ISFPs on the forum but then I began to explore socionics and well let's just say I don't think I'm an ESI. So I'm back again with a another typing thread hoping to get some insight.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Nope. 21/F tired.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

It's a flower. I usually really like pictures of flowers but this one doesn't really do much for me. I do, however, like the warm tones used in the photo. I can see how I would modify the picture if I were to make an avatar or a signature out of it. Or if I were to hang it up in my room what sort of frame I would use, where I would put it.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Initially, I'm going to be upset, very upset, although I'll hide it. On the inside I'll be raging but outwardly I'll be verrrrryyyy quiet. I'd ask the driver if he knew his car was having problems but i wouldn't say much after that. However if I notice everyone else is getting upset then I'll probably try to calm them down and help alleviate the seriousness of the situation. I'd still be pretty pissed off but I wouldn't take it out on the driver because he's in a worse position than the rest of us and it is his car that's messing up (car problems are the worst because they're so expensive and are like a domino. Once your car breaks down then you can't get to school, can't get to work, have to depend on other people etc)

After a while my anger would end up subsiding and I'll become a "helper" in the situation: try to figure out the problem, come up with different ways we can get through the situation and get to the concert. I'd probably suggest that my other friends call a cab and go to the concert but I'd stick with the driver because I don't want him to feel abandoned or hurt. I mean it is just a concert....

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
If I'm really jazzed up from the concert then I'd probably go to the after party. I'd go, have fun and make the most off of the night. Plus if I'm still a bit on edge/ pissed at the guy then I would probably would need a drink LOL But I would probably feel kinda nervous/shy.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inwardly I'd get this weird feeling like it would feel like broken glass or if someone was playing a song and this hit a bad note. I'd probably get kinda serious but I wouldn't show it. I would ask them to explain why they think like that/ feel like that. If what they're saying makes sense I'd take it into consideration but I would also explain my side. I wouldn't try to mess up the mood or kill the general vibe but I'd have to explain my side.

A lot of what I believe is serious and thought out. I read books, browse forums, watch documentaries and try to gain perspective on the opposite side just so I can be certain what I believe is truth, accurate and right for me. I HATE being misled.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I'd be really hurt. I'd take it personally, seriously. I'd feel as if someone has stabbed my in the heart but I try to step back and get an objective view. I'd try to understand and be aware that life is constantly shifting, and changing. If that makes sense

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Hmm let's see... I believe in human and women rights. I really value the human life, my body and spirit. Being healty is really important to me. I believe that men and women are equal but different. I believe in fairness. Fairness is a really big one omg I will seriously blow up if are unfair to me and I try to be fair with others. I often say "that's not fair..." I value freedom and independence, beauty and honesty. I really value looking nice and being like LOL :p One new belief that I've been thinking about and considering is about the good and evil of man. Are we inherently good? Evil? Neutral and then we grow into being 'good' or 'bad'. Idk but I do believe that we all try. That we are all trying to make it in this world and that maybe our sense of good and bad is changing and fleeting because everything we do is a result of us 'trying to make it'. I'm not really sure LOL as a side joke my manager says I would make an A- philosophy student :tongue:

My values are uniquely my own. I didn't inherent them from my mother my father or my culture. These are things that I've sat and felt/thought over on my own. My mother says I am soft hearted/ have a kind heart.

I'm really not afraid to stand up for what I believe in. I've gone against teachers, professors, classmates etc etc If they have severely crossed the line. Most of my values are in relation to other people so if you cross a value and I say something it's because you're hurting someone.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I'm eerily quiet. I'm not sure if I'm 'not like everyone else.' I used to feel that way A LOT when I was younger but the older I get the more and more I'm starting to see the similarities between myself and others. One thing that I know about myself is that I'm conscious . Sort of like 'seeing through a veil' (not in the metaphysical sense) I've always had an 'awareness' of social manipulation, hierarchy etc etc Growing up I was always a bit more 'mature' in some of my thoughts and views because I had ideas, thoughts, and view points on different parts of society that most of my peers weren't even thinking about.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I used to ignore them but now I listen to them because they to out to be correct. My gut feeling are usually about my environment in a physical way. Like if I should go in another direction because they way I'm heading is blocked off, or turn around because someone is following you (creepy), or maybe I shouldn't go to Dominoes because I have a weird feeling that it's closed.

I can usually tell when someone's hiding who they really are. It's sooooo easy for me to spot when someone is faking or being a poser. So easy. In fact it's almost painful because I feel embarrassed for the person.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Going for walks, being out in nature by myself, back when I used to do graphic design I would get lost in a piece for hours, sometimes if I've been a way for too long talking to my friends my loved ones can be energizing.

Work drains me, being on the computer for a long time drains me, being around too many people for a long time drains me. I used to live for the weekends just to get away back when I was in secondary school.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

What I'm really thinking or feeling. Whenever people tell me their side of the situation I can always see the 'cracks' where they went wrong, how awful their behavior is etc etc. A lot of my thoughts and feelings are 'raw' and kinda vulgar so I keep it to myself and give and a lighter PG version of what I'm thinking.

My thoughts can go really deep but I don't want to explain everything so I usually give a summed up version. I also don't let people in on just how extremely sensitive I really am.

Also this last part isn't really necessary but about a year ago I came across a description of myself based off of something that isn't MBTI related and I was actually kinda stunned because of how accurate it was. If you are interested in it feel free to read :) (it's kinda long)

you are sensitive, inspirational, and idealistic person with a fascination for mystery and the supernatural. You are interested in religions or other philosophical theories owing to a desire to understand the deeper meanings and reasons for life. At times, you appear very serious and thoughtful to others, somewhat aloof and reserved. You are inclined to specialize in those activities that mean the most to you.

Under the right circumstances, you can be very dramatic, creative, and clever and could excel in the acting field, the arts, or along musical lines. String instruments that simulate the sound of wind passing through the trees appeal to your love of the outdoors and its natural beauties. You love your freedom and find peace of mind away from the bustle of human activity, especially if you are alone and free to observe the beauties of life. In many situations with people, you may appear very outgoing and charming, but within, you may feel extremely nervous and self-conscious. Your dramatic qualities are often used to hide your true feelings.

Privacy is important to you. You are sensitive to what others think about you and do not like to be questioned too closely about your personal life. You capably deflect questions and the other person does not even realize how cleverly you have changed the subject. You have learned to hide your innermost thoughts and feelings. Often you feel misunderstood by others. It is far easier for you to express yourself through verse and composition than orally. You resist pressure and seek harmonious environments and associations. You have an high regard for refinement and romance and draw strength from meaningful relationships.

When you feel understood, you love deeply and intensely, but suffer just as acutely when misunderstandings occur. You are possessive and struggle with jealousy because of lack of confidence and feelings of inferiority. You long for affection and understanding, but your quiet, reserved nature sometimes rebuffs the attention you so much desire. Laughter and light pleasantries are not a natural expression for you, as you tend to be reticent and self-conscious, and suffer, at times, with depression and self-pity. Being sensitive and temperamental, you tend to swing from intense optimism to the depths of despair.

You are not overly practical and tend to be influenced through your emotions. Your super-sensitive, psychic qualities make it difficult for you to control your thoughts and feelings. Thus, you could suffer with morbid and confusing thoughts leading to depression and anxiety

You love to read. There are times when you read that you do not hear what is going on around you. Someone may call your name and you will be so immersed that you tune everything out and you become a part of the story you are reading.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Sorry I don't have too much experience typing people. I can say that some of your responses are very close to what I would do, and I'm an INFJ.

What result to you get when you take the MBTI test? I would got INFJ almost every time, but I once got INFP and another time INTJ. Reading descriptions of all of them really helped narrow it down. Maybe that would work for you?

Best wishes in figuring out your type :happy:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Yeah, my gut says ISFP or INFP. Lots of Fi--standing up for what you believe, absorbing others' feelings. And your answer to #10 is inferior Te all the way. I get more Se-Ni than Ne-Si from how you describe your gut instincts, but I'm not sure. I'm guessing you're an Enneagram Type 4, and that's a very INFP type.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You seem strongly ISFP. "I HATE being misled" is very characteristic of Se to me--you're acutely aware of personal space and territory. I also think that your gut feelings about people and your ability to see through others is very Ni-like.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guy for your help. I'm going to explore ISFP a bit more and I'm thinking I might be an enneagram 4w3 hmm....

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
1 seems like an S response
2 Fe? And S
4 J
5 F and J
6 Si and J
7 suggests I
8 seems like Si and Ni
9 I

I definitely agree with ISFP