Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the corrupt crap going on in the world today, I want to get some input from other people who spend time in the clouds. I'm talking about the Wars, the Police State, fake elections, corporatism, economic roulette etc.

A) What do you think the model most resembles or, what is the blueprint of the system that we call "the world"? This is obviously rooted in facets of human nature and how we behave within the confines of institutions we participate in on a regular basis; be those institutions professional, civic, communal, commercial etc.

B) Have you come up with a practical solution that would generate the change necessary for a better world? This is a question requiring an answer that you (or a crew) could conceivably do. This is not a question of what other people should or shouldn't be doing. Those answers are irrelevant as they have no application for people who won't act otherwise.

I'm wanting to collaborate with some like-minded humanitarians and maybe get a project going. I'm in the process of developing some skills necessary to put something together that could actually make a difference.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
With all the corrupt crap going on in the world today, I want to get some input from other people who spend time in the clouds. I'm talking about the Wars, the Police State, fake elections, corporatism, economic roulette etc.

A) What do you think the model most resembles or, what is the blueprint of the system that we call "the world"? This is obviously rooted in facets of human nature and how we behave within the confines of institutions we participate in on a regular basis; be those institutions professional, civic, communal, commercial etc.

B) Have you come up with a practical solution that would generate the change necessary for a better world? This is a question requiring an answer that you (or a crew) could conceivably do. This is not a question of what other people should or shouldn't be doing. Those answers are irrelevant as they have no application for people who won't act otherwise.

I'm wanting to collaborate with some like-minded humanitarians and maybe get a project going. I'm in the process of developing some skills necessary to put something together that could actually make a difference.
Can you imagine a group of INTP's getting together attempting to form some kind of organization without corruption? You'd get the Green Lantern Corps where the INTP's are the Guardians! no wait....

*shit... but that's comic book fiction.*

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I always begin such thoughts with the idea that humans recognize that there is a system in place and will game the rules as needed, so on some level, it is impossible to design a perfect system.

Now that I've got why I believe ideal systems are impossible, let's get to the nitty gritty:
A. I think we live in the various systems we live in (because there are layers upon layers of systems) because people like it. They like to think things are going to happen in predictable ways, even the unpredictable stuff. The goal is to move things in the direction you like in small pushes, and to recognize certain inevitabilities and tradeoffs such as: If you want longer periods of peace, you will have to have bigger wars in between. If you want smaller companies, you will have to have less efficiency.

B. This idea of inevitable crapitude, combined with the idea that I don't like to be told what to do needlessly, and without the ability of appeal makes me believe that the ideal world consists of a series of unfocused tyrannies. Each with the power to check the other. When government, culture, economic and religious concerns all point in the same direction, they have the power to burn us like little ants with a magnifying lens. Therefore, an ideal system gives many groups equal powers, or at least the ability to veto each other in some ways.

The cost of such a system is a certain level of indecision, but life has taught me that nothing is more dangerous than someone who's convinced they're right, and has the power to act upon it.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Destroy the planet, all problems cease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts