• No, it wasn't helpful at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
INTRODUCTION: (You can skip this)

Hi, so after a long road with MBTI, about a year, and a lot of conflicting information I've came to a conclusion about MBTI. So with this topic I aim to describe the functions in some character from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce and at the same time break down some MBTI internet stereotypes in the process, such as ESFP being party freaks. I'd also like to aim the difference between the INFJ (Antauri) and INTP (Gibson) since many people seem to have problems with "Am I an INTP or an INFJ ?". What would make this type comparation different from others would be that this one is very concrete, not the regular "INFJ are more A" while "INTP are more B" because people would always ask "But what if I'm both" and this is often the case, in this compartion I'm going to say "INFJs like C" and "INTP like D" because of the functions, you can't get that wrong since they are two different domains. Next, I'm going to list some essential MBTI information that will help people understand MBTI better.

SOME ESSENTIAL MBTI INFORMATION:

1) - You use all the 8 cognitive functions. This is why often people relate to all the cognitive functions and why people wonder "But I do that, how am I not an Ne user ?", and the truth is you are using Extroverted Intuition but you are not an Extroverted Intuition user in the MBTI sense because even though you can use it, you don't prefer Extroverted Intuition, you only prefer 4 functions starting from the dominant to the inferior called the primary functions. And when it comes to the other 4 functions from the 5th to 8th called the shadow functions, that you don't use naturally but only when you have to, you hate the least using the 5th function called "Opposing Persona" in archetypes and the most using the 8th function called "The Demonic Function" in archetypes.

Your functions do not represent what you're good at, not what you can do, your functions represent only what you like. You may be good at doing things involving your dominant function BUT ONLY BECAUSE you've practised that function the most, therefore you have the most skill with it. You like that function the most, you use it on an automatic level, no wonder you're going to become good at it. You can also learn doing and being better at things that involve other cognitive functions, even your demonic function, you can become good at it, but you're still not going to like doing it.

Also INTELLIGENCE IS NOT RELATED TO THE COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS, the cognitive functions are the way we perceive information and judge information. Besides being no study nor any official mentions that MBTI is related to intelligence, intelligence is "the ability to understand and apply information", from which we can assume that intelligence means how good you are doing the things that your functions are supposed to do, which functions you prefer and in which order has nothing to do with this. There's this stereotype that N's are smart while S's are dumb, this is nothing more than a stereotype. Intuitives tend to be smarter than sensors on average but this is nothing more than what it is - a statistic on average. George Washington ISTJ IQ 140 and Pablo Picasso ISFP IQ 160 have already outclassed many N's in intelligence. Yes, sensors can be smart too, what a revelation!

2) - The key word in MBTI is preference. Is about what you like not about what you do. I wanted to use this as a different point but it seems that I've already talked about it in the first point. The first thing that should come into your mind when you think about MBTI is preference. (I'm also going to move a little bit to point 4 now, but they are all related to each other anyway) An argument against MBTI is that "People can't be put into boxes", and indeed people can't be put into boxes. But MBTI doesn't put people into boxes in what they do, any person of any type can do whatever they want to do, they can use all the function, they can take any job, they can be either good or evil, type has nothing to do with their life choices. MBTI puts people into boxes about what they like, not everything but some particular things that they like, the cognitive preferences/functions. They are indeed boxes but they are very large boxes, and these boxes are only limited to what they like on perceiving information and judging information, nothing more and nothing less. Two INTJ may enjoy philosophical, but one may use it to take over the world while the other my use it to save the world. Two INTP may enjoy working with robots, but one may use them to take over the world and the other may use it to save the world. MBTI =/= All the values a person can have. Some of the values may come from the things they enjoy doing which are related to the MBIT type, preferneces, but there's a long road from a few values to all the values a person has.

3) - There's also the Emmeragram Type. You think that all ESFP are the same ? All ESFJ are the same ? All INTP and ENFJ are the same ? well you get the point, the answer is that they're not, they just have the preference for the cognitive functions in common that makes their type but that's it, no more no less. If you base your perception of any of the 16 types on internet stereotpyes what MBTI actually teaches us you're going to be wrong about some people. But if you want to know more personality, there's also the Emmeragram type which is different from MBTI, for example I'm an INTJ enneagram 4 (acutally 4w5 but the point is INTJs and type 4's descriptions are supposed to be different) and this seems a little contradictory when you look at the description, but they aren't contradictory because they talk about different parts of your personality. Such as INTJs tend to be very scientific while type 4 tend to be very artistic, and the thing is one person can be both. These personality tests talk about different parts of your personality and they don't overlap.

4) - Know what MBTI does and what MBTI doesn't cover about your personality. I already talked about this in two when I mentioned the box thing. MBTI is only limited to the way you perceive information and the way you judge information, everything else that's part of your personality and has nothing to do with these two things has nothing to do with your MBTI type either.

-> I've initally wanted to make an "MBIT on Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go / Breaking Stereotypes / INTP vs INFJ" as you can see from the description, but I've already talked a lot about MBTI itself and I want to keep these two things as different topics, when I make that post about SRMTHG, I'll copy the link here.

Reactions: sun spun rainbows

·
Registered
620 Posts
Do color-blind people see only a white page here?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts