Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, and very tired now: Lots of research. Pickles, our oldest girl, has congenital heart failure (CHF).

I knew the water retention was bad, and it got so much worse, so fast that my husband thought it was a tumor but I gave her a thorough exam--no lumps, nothing, all even and big and floppy like fluid, so I found it easily:

Rats get what I'll call The Top Five Routes to Death, and this is a common one.

Still, she was meant to be snake food and I rescued her from the aquarium and have been nothing but good to her as has my husband; she is our Heart Rat, a phrase I never thought I'd use--it's up there with "Soul Mate" for nausea, but she is our baby.

So, among other things, I am researching best and worst foods for salt and water retention as a vet is out of the question for more reasons that none in this former farm community will treat one.

She is resting so happy, peaceful in my husband's recliner after I tucked her in with a huge no-sew fleece hammock, a pair of adult human fleece pajamas to reconfigure her way, and cut up pieces of paper towel I could hear her ripping to her specks.

After two hours or so (I was in my Lift recliner) I heard the sound my husband calls "typing"; she was eating the one piece of dry rigatoni I slipped in after she was asleep, a sound that makes me smile every time I hear it.

I got through a 15-minute Vitamin D walk without hip grinding, earlier today. \ (•◡•) /

Also, I did Metta (Loving-Kindness) at the beginning of 30 minutes of Vipassana (Insight) meditation on my seiza bench, then yogic Legs Up the Wall.

And before the plumber got here to fix the toilet (turned out to have three different problems, so my husband's Jerry-rig was great, and he couldn't have done better), I did dishes, vacuumed the living room, sorted fleece into various stacks with an index card for what is to be used where in the cage: Scrap Bin (for play); ledge and base pan covers and so on.

I got so much done!

And I wasn't hungry until after 5:00 p.m. when I had my One Meal a Day as I call it: albacore, 1/2-avocado, 3/4 small vine-ripe tomato, 2 slices of Manna bread (not bread: rye sprouts glaumed together with purified water and heated to about 115 degrees Fahrenheit). And some soy/almond milk, mixed.

Now I'm relaxing propped up on pillows in the bedroom: Let's see what games I can play in the INFP area. ٩(˘◡˘)۶

This is Pickles taken when she was under a year old; one of my favorite photos of her.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts