Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I am 28. Female. And I have GAD, with minor bouts of depression. Enneagram sx 4, 6, 8 "The Truth Teller". I feel like I relate to the Beta Quadra in Socionics by a video I watched, not sure how accurate it is. Here is the link :)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RKzwf2BCw

2. Study these two images http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8287/7704380682_4da6df716d.jpg and http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6005/6004664548_32c083ea9f_m.jpg . Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
Both. For different reasons. The ocean one is simply beautiful. I don't think anyone would want to pass up a moment like that. It seems magical. So in a sense, that one. But the other one pulls me in because it seems more realistic. It isn't beautiful, but more real. The other seems like a dream. So I honestly can't really choose. I will say that the one with the lady makes me think she has a bicycle with a basket, holding fresh flowers. I imagine her in a smaller town in somewhere Europe. It screams happiness to me. Simplicity. The ocean one I can feel a cool breeze. The sound is beautiful. I can smell the water. It almost makes me in a more sad mood. It looks like the experience will end soon, and make me wonder if I will ever have it again.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I am just going to give the answer in a list of characteristics, in no particular order.
-bubbly/silly
-irritable
-cautious
-abstract
-possessive
-insecure
-witty
-impulsive
-non-conformist
-strong-willed
-sensual
-understanding
-Stubborn
-perceptive
-forgiving (especially when I know they are remorseful)
-sarcastic
-shy yet fairly open
-fairly open sometimes to get more info from others
-more empathetic than sympathetic
-indecisive, yet I want it narrowed down and decided
-introspecting
-internally assuming, but curious
-can be very warm, yet suspicious
-temperamental
-intense
-passionate
-I read between the lines, and hardly ever take someone at their word

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would love to be more self-less, brave and confident. I try to be self-less, but I feel like I don't do enough. I need a purpose, and I do feel like I know what it is, but I don't have the confidence to put it into action. My insecurities get in my way, and then I become depressed.

I would not wan to be superficial, or materialistic (although I do have my moments, but I don't like it about me).

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
This question has many layers actually. I feel like my small circle (I have deep relationships with about 4 people; My mom, my Husband (from high school), my sister, and my childhood best friend). These people I am quite confident see me the most accurate. Their most recent brief one-sentence description of me, is somewhat similar to the above. Keep in mind, they are ALL sensors. I may be one as well, but they find my way of thinking to be odd. They were as follows:

Best friend said : My Abstract thinking, and sarcasm. She went on to say that she loves how I get so riled up over certain things and how my passion runs so deep.

My Sister (the one i am closest to) said : The advice I give, my feisty'ness, and passion. )

My other sister said: My weirdness, sense of humor, and my 'smartness' lol

My husband said: My hot butt/'large breasts' and eyes LOL. But then, he said my heart and my brains. He thinks I am a genius evidently. He also thinks I am psychic, and I weird him out. He is an Se-dom, can you tell? :wink:

And my mom... My ultimate bestie of them all, and the one who knows me the best... said : My wisdom and "deepness".

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
Well here is the 2-step list. i will post the final results later...
Love - Sacrifice - Desire - Truth - Insightfulness - Fashion - Reflection - Wittiness - Honesty - Making a difference - Passion - Trustworthiness - Depth - Simplicity - Clarity - Humor - Wonder - Philanthropy - Vision - Intuitiveness - Spirituality - Intimacy - Perceptiveness - Reasonableness
Conviction - Silliness - Charity - Empathy - Respect - Understanding - Wisdom - Fierceness

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
Depends. It takes a minute and a time to process new information. This always happens. I can adapt well, but I need time to wrap my head around things. If I don't have time to, then I feel like I am going through the motions but my brain hasn't quite caught up. Like for instance when you ride your bike really fast and the world is zooming by so quickly, that by the time you realize you just past a tree, you are way ahead of it. Hope that makes sense. I don't like uncharted territory because I haven't processed it yet. It isn't really the "new" part that I am uncomfortable with, because new can always be better. It is just the processing part.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Depends. If I am stressed out, it can go a couple different ways. I yell a lot. I get 'firey' sometimes. Less kind. More aggressive. I will over-eat. Then there is the side of me that if I don't feel comfortable, and I am overstimulated, I will get more extroverted and hyped out like. I do this out of nervousness. Yes, I can be silly and have fun in a normal comforting setting (actually I can be quite silly, but still calmer), but this is different then when I get nervous and exuberant anxious energy.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
To be honest, I really don't remember the last time I was in one. When I am, I guess I just feel more alive. I feel like I can just relax and stop worrying about what is going on in life. It's nice to give my thoughts a rest. I always feel SO incredibly blessed, but just...stuck. I always beat myself up for not being as happy as I should be, because there are SO many people in this world that would look at my life as pure heaven. I feel shameful. I wish I could give those people all a better life. I feel like that would make mine happier. I don't feel like I am living mine. I am to busy living in my head, longing for it to begin. I just feel stuck, I guess. My own caged bird, if you will. Please don't pity me. I hate pity lol. I am not the one who deserves it, because I am my own worst enemy. No one to blame but myself :). I am just super honest and being open. Maybe that will indicate something in my type.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I much prefer one-on-one. Maybe one-on-two ;) lol. Group interaction is stimulating at times. Hearing and seeing different people come together. The differences in each of them. The similarities. Their stories. But it can be way over-stimulating, and that is when I begin to act out of character. I begin to look like I have ADD. One-on-one, I am must more myself. Deeper. Relaxed.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I feel society is blind. I want to wake them up. You know that dream everyone has at one time or another, where you see danger and you try screaming, but nothing comes out? That is how I feel. I do hold my faith on a pedestal. Not to be confused as religion/traditions. I don't really care much for organized religion. It takes away from the personal level or spirituality for ME. No judgement on others who feel otherwise. These are just my convictions. :) I do value my heritage, and like to explore it, but I don't carry the traditions over with me. It is just awesome to know where I came from and to hear their stories.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Authority is good for a structure. I mean, I like authority as more of a facilitator role I guess. IDK, maybe not. I am respectful to authority for their ability to help. But the minute they start abusing that privilege, I become very irked.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Too many things going on at one time can be exciting, but very very chaotic. Also, having a booked planner, is torture. I next to never, have more than 2 things to do during the week. My life is FILLED with chaos still, because I have 2 kids with High-Functioning Autism. Two 100 pound, untrained beasts (dogs :p). And then, the Se-dom husband that is ADHD. I got exhausted just typing that lol. I grew up in a home of instability, chaos, and I was the oldest of 6. I was so much older, than the rest. They were a little 5pk and I was a teenager screaming for help lol. I ended up marrying my high school sweetheart, thinking I was escaping...but ended up making a life of chaos of my own. :p

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
Safety. I think this mostly stems from my childhood of not feeling safe. So it may not even be a functional thing, but rather a deeply rooted psychological thing. This also transcends into great insecurities, which results in my inability to make my ideals a reality. If safety is assured than the sky is the limit. I also fear death, and leaving my kids behind to live in what I view as a self-mutilating world. I fear that the people in the world are being so blinded to the fact that they are slowly turning on each other and in the end are going to seal our fate as humanity.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
To be confident, make a difference, and peace on Earth. Making a difference in someone's life. Making my mark. Experiencing all I can before I die. I wish I could turn this world around and change people's hearts. I think it just comes from my hope for a better future. I know I seem so pessimistic of the future, but I can't help it. It is just what I see happening all around me.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Energizes?... Laughing. Money (even though I hate to admit it, and I will give it away to the more needy every time I can, but it still energizes me). Watching shows or movies by myself. Losing weight :p. Connecting with someONE. I love hearing other peoples stories. Helping the 'helpless'. Getting out and seeing the daylight (feeling the sun on my face and it causing a tingle on my skin). Smelling the world lol. I love to experience the world in an observing manner. Reading (non-fiction mostly). Listening to sermons with a cup of coffee. Reading the Bible. Playing Mario Kart as a family, for chores (whoever loses that race has to do a chore). Playing Uno (board games) with the family. MUSIC. Also, the feeling I get when I helped someone see a new perspective, and it somehow made a difference. That is an amazing feeling. I also love when people acknowledge me. Like for instance, I had a friend before that came to me for advice on her marriage. I gave her so much to work with and a plan. She took it and ran. Today, her marriage is thriving, when it was near destruction. She hasn't once acknowledged my help, and it bothers me to put it lightly. I am fully aware that it too them to put in the work, but without my insights and plan of action, she would have never been where she was is now. She was ready to sign divorce papers. I made her see things in a whole new light. I don't want credit for the MARRIAGE, but rather acknowledgment, even if in private that I helped her see things different.

Things that drain me? ... Too many people. Unhealthy relationships. Drama (even though it can be exciting to watch, and it seems to always find me). Expectations. HOUSEWORK OMG! :laughing:. Parenting (it is not easy). My weight control (also not easy). My thoughts sometimes. And having a busy schedule.

Hope this gave at least an idea. Thank you all in advance. :happy:

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
XSFX.

You appear to take the questions literally and go to sensory interpretations of things before you start abstracting. Your pessimism toward the future indicates low-order intuition in some form, but I'll leave the arguing as to which type to the others.

ETA: Just as a request to future participants in this thread: can we PLEASE keep it revolving around the OP? Let's not diverge off into random conversations, answering things for comparison with her type, etc. Maybe it's my Si-dom coming out, but keeping it on topic will help myself (and others) be able to read through the thread easily and track posts.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts

2. Study these two images http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8287/7704380682_4da6df716d.jpg and http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6005/6004664548_32c083ea9f_m.jpg . Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
Both. For different reasons. The ocean one is simply beautiful. I don't think anyone would want to pass up a moment like that. It seems magical. So in a sense, that one. But the other one pulls me in because it seems more realistic. It isn't beautiful, but more real. The other seems like a dream. So I honestly can't really choose. I will say that the one with the lady makes me think she has a bicycle with a basket, holding fresh flowers. I imagine her in a smaller town in somewhere Europe. It screams happiness to me. Simplicity. The ocean one I can feel a cool breeze. The sound is beautiful. I can smell the water. It almost makes me in a more sad mood. It looks like the experience will end soon, and make me wonder if I will ever have it again.
Fe-Si-Ne. I see Fe in all of the value Judgments you make (beautiful, happy, simplistic), Si in judging whether things are realistic or unrealistic based on sensory impressions, the personal senses the image conjures (cool breeze, smelling the water, beautiful sounds), and the desire to experience an event again and again. Ne is clear in the re-imagining of the images, playing out the different things that could happen or be represented.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I am just going to give the answer in a list of characteristics, in no particular order.
-bubbly/silly
-irritable
-cautious
-abstract
-possessive
-insecure
-witty
-impulsive
-non-conformist
-strong-willed
-sensual
-understanding
-Stubborn
-perceptive
-forgiving (especially when I know they are remorseful)
-sarcastic
-shy yet fairly open
-fairly open sometimes to get more info from others
-more empathetic than sympathetic
-indecisive, yet I want it narrowed down and decided
-introspecting
-internally assuming, but curious
-can be very warm, yet suspicious
-temperamental
-intense
-passionate
-I read between the lines, and hardly ever take someone at their word
The list strikes me as Ne, as I'm guessing you went about all what you know about yourself and kept playing out all the different things you can possibly be or represent. As for what lies within this list, again, there is a whole lot of Fe here, particularly the importance on forgiveness, especially when people are remorseful of what they've done wrong. Suspicious and internally assuming is Fe, as it's indicative of a quick judgment call you make towards people, and the willingness to trust and be open and see through a person is also Fe. Engaging in the object bro. Bubbly/silly is typically how xSFJs would describe themselves, and in most cases I'm inclined to agree. I'd say it's the Fe-Ne. There's also some Si and Ne in here (cautious, non-conformist).

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would love to be more self-less, brave and confident. I try to be self-less, but I feel like I don't do enough. I need a purpose, and I do feel like I know what it is, but I don't have the confidence to put it into action. My insecurities get in my way, and then I become depressed.
The urge to be selfless is Fe, especially the guilt when you don't give enough back. Fi typically finds the merits in selfishness. It simply doesn't concern itself with coming across as selfless, and often considers that notion naive.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
This question has many layers actually. I feel like my small circle (I have deep relationships with about 4 people; My mom, my Husband (from high school), my sister, and my childhood best friend). These people I am quite confident see me the most accurate. Their most recent brief one-sentence description of me, is somewhat similar to the above. Keep in mind, they are ALL sensors. I may be one as well, but they find my way of thinking to be odd. They were as follows:

Best friend said : My Abstract thinking, and sarcasm. She went on to say that she loves how I get so riled up over certain things and how my passion runs so deep.

My Sister (the one i am closest to) said : The advice I give, my feisty'ness, and passion. )

My other sister said: My weirdness, sense of humor, and my 'smartness' lol

My husband said: My hot butt/'large breasts' and eyes LOL. But then, he said my heart and my brains. He thinks I am a genius evidently. He also thinks I am psychic, and I weird him out. He is an Se-dom, can you tell? :wink:

And my mom... My ultimate bestie of them all, and the one who knows me the best... said : My wisdom and "deepness".
Focus on people here, going into grand detail of all the people you know and love. Fe.

"This question has many layers"= Ne.

I love how you polled assessments from people in order to answer this question. This is Je, as Je extroverts it's decisions and judgements, hence looking into other people's opinions for clarity. Clearly Fe in your case.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
Well here is the 2-step list. i will post the final results later...
Love - Sacrifice - Desire - Truth - Insightfulness - Fashion - Reflection - Wittiness - Honesty - Making a difference - Passion - Trustworthiness - Depth - Simplicity - Clarity - Humor - Wonder - Philanthropy - Vision - Intuitiveness - Spirituality - Intimacy - Perceptiveness - Reasonableness
Conviction - Silliness - Charity - Empathy - Respect - Understanding - Wisdom - Fierceness
Buzzwords like these are ambiguous, open to interpretation, subjective, and vast in their meaning. Anyone could say these things about themselves. Making a difference, philanthropy, understanding, charity and empathy fit the Fe theme however. Silliness is like the xSFJ keyword. I'll guess clarity is maybe Ti, but again, most of these words tell me little to nothing.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
Depends. It takes a minute and a time to process new information. This always happens. I can adapt well, but I need time to wrap my head around things. If I don't have time to, then I feel like I am going through the motions but my brain hasn't quite caught up. Like for instance when you ride your bike really fast and the world is zooming by so quickly, that by the time you realize you just past a tree, you are way ahead of it. Hope that makes sense. I don't like uncharted territory because I haven't processed it yet. It isn't really the "new" part that I am uncomfortable with, because new can always be better. It is just the processing part.
Si. You don't engage in unknown territory willingly and readily because you use sensory impressions to perceive your surroundings, hence the need for processing and slowly easing up into unknown sensory dynamics.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Depends. If I am stressed out, it can go a couple different ways. I yell a lot. I get 'firey' sometimes. Less kind. More aggressive. I will over-eat. Then there is the side of me that if I don't feel comfortable, and I am overstimulated, I will get more extroverted and hyped out like. I do this out of nervousness. Yes, I can be silly and have fun in a normal comforting setting (actually I can be quite silly, but still calmer), but this is different then when I get nervous and exuberant anxious energy.
Interesting you get more hyped out and reactionary when stressed. That's not me at all. I withdraw. I snap only f I suppress everything to the point of being unable to hold it in anymore. Strikes me as Fe anyway. Judgements turned outward. Over-eating under stress is a common Si phenomenon. Comforting experience played out in a repetitive, savory way. Subjective in nature.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
To be honest, I really don't remember the last time I was in one. When I am, I guess I just feel more alive. I feel like I can just relax and stop worrying about what is going on in life. It's nice to give my thoughts a rest. I always feel SO incredibly blessed, but just...stuck. I always beat myself up for not being as happy as I should be, because there are SO many people in this world that would look at my life as pure heaven. I feel shameful. I wish I could give those people all a better life. I feel like that would make mine happier. I don't feel like I am living mine. I am to busy living in my head, longing for it to begin. I just feel stuck, I guess. My own caged bird, if you will. Please don't pity me. I hate pity lol. I am not the one who deserves it, because I am my own worst enemy. No one to blame but myself :). I am just super honest and being open. Maybe that will indicate something in my type.
First portion is probably Si-Ne in some fashion. The rest is blatantly Fe.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I much prefer one-on-one. Maybe one-on-two ;) lol. Group interaction is stimulating at times. Hearing and seeing different people come together. The differences in each of them. The similarities. Their stories. But it can be way over-stimulating, and that is when I begin to act out of character. I begin to look like I have ADD. One-on-one, I am must more myself. Deeper. Relaxed.
Again,Fe Differences of people is probably Fe-Ne. Liking to be around people whom you can "be yourself" around is Fe. Fi doesn't have to worry about that really, as they don't engage in the object that way. It's finding people who get them or that they relate to that's more important in a sense. Scatterbrainedness when the environment is over stimulating is Si-Ne. I relate.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I feel society is blind. I want to wake them up. You know that dream everyone has at one time or another, where you see danger and you try screaming, but nothing comes out? That is how I feel. I do hold my faith on a pedestal. Not to be confused as religion/traditions. I don't really care much for organized religion. It takes away from the personal level or spirituality for ME. No judgement on others who feel otherwise. These are just my convictions. :) I do value my heritage, and like to explore it, but I don't carry the traditions over with me. It is just awesome to know where I came from and to hear their stories.
Again, a lot of Fe. There hasn't been much evidence for Ti, btw, hinting at an unconscious usage. See why I originally typed you as an Fe dominate rather than an Si dominate? No judgement on others who feel otherwise is an especially strong Fe value, and struck out to me the most. Fi doesn't have as much patience for those who disagree with their values, lol. Si-Ne, in the sense you take known sensory data and play out all the variables.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Authority is good for a structure. I mean, I like authority as more of a facilitator role I guess. IDK, maybe not. I am respectful to authority for their ability to help. But the minute they start abusing that privilege, I become very irked.
Fe with a disvalue of Te. I wonder if you hate those who care more about money rather than the altruism of people.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Too many things going on at one time can be exciting, but very very chaotic. Also, having a booked planner, is torture. I next to never, have more than 2 things to do during the week. My life is FILLED with chaos still, because I have 2 kids with High-Functioning Autism. Two 100 pound, untrained beasts (dogs :p). And then, the Se-dom husband that is ADHD. I got exhausted just typing that lol. I grew up in a home of instability, chaos, and I was the oldest of 6. I was so much older, than the rest. They were a little 5pk and I was a teenager screaming for help lol. I ended up marrying my high school sweetheart, thinking I was escaping...but ended up making a life of chaos of my own. :p
This is intended as a conceptual question. It's taken it literally and described through sensory things, hinting at sensor over intuitive.

Typical Si anecdotes, as well as the typical Si tendency towards a hatred of an overwhelming, over stimulating environment. Si doesn't like too many things going on at once.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
Safety. I think this mostly stems from my childhood of not feeling safe. So it may not even be a functional thing, but rather a deeply rooted psychological thing. This also transcends into great insecurities, which results in my inability to make my ideals a reality. If safety is assured than the sky is the limit. I also fear death, and leaving my kids behind to live in what I view as a self-mutilating world. I fear that the people in the world are being so blinded to the fact that they are slowly turning on each other and in the end are going to seal our fate as humanity.
Si in the need for safety, citing past experiences as a reason behind your thoughts and fears, and a morbid view of reality (self-mutilating world). Fe in the focus on your children being left behind, the desires for people to get along and the overall focus on the well being of humanity.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
To be confident, make a difference, and peace on Earth. Making a difference in someone's life. Making my mark. Experiencing all I can before I die. I wish I could turn this world around and change people's hearts. I think it just comes from my hope for a better future. I know I seem so pessimistic of the future, but I can't help it. It is just what I see happening all around me.
Fe-Ne. Wanting to leave a positive impact on people, and using Ne to change the world in order to achieve such a goal.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Energizes?... Laughing. Money (even though I hate to admit it, and I will give it away to the more needy every time I can, but it still energizes me). Watching shows or movies by myself. Losing weight :p. Connecting with someONE. I love hearing other peoples stories. Helping the 'helpless'. Getting out and seeing the daylight (feeling the sun on my face and it causing a tingle on my skin). Smelling the world lol. I love to experience the world in an observing manner. Reading (non-fiction mostly). Listening to sermons with a cup of coffee. Reading the Bible. Playing Mario Kart as a family, for chores (whoever loses that race has to do a chore). Playing Uno (board games) with the family. MUSIC. Also, the feeling I get when I helped someone see a new perspective, and it somehow made a difference. That is an amazing feeling. I also love when people acknowledge me. Like for instance, I had a friend before that came to me for advice on her marriage. I gave her so much to work with and a plan. She took it and ran. Today, her marriage is thriving, when it was near destruction. She hasn't once acknowledged my help, and it bothers me to put it lightly. I am fully aware that it too them to put in the work, but without my insights and plan of action, she would have never been where she was is now. She was ready to sign divorce papers. I made her see things in a whole new light. I don't want credit for the MARRIAGE, but rather acknowledgment, even if in private that I helped her see things different.
Fe feast. Love the guilt towards money, and the desire to donate it. Si in all the subjective sensory impressions (tingle on my skin, smelling the world. You can only get a glimpse of these things, rather than Se, which would report the ways sensory objects feel and taste in more direct terms. Essentially, you can't photograph Si, whereas you can photograph Se). All of this follows with an Si anecdote followed by a Ne desire to encourage people to view the world in different perspectives.

Things that drain me? ... Too many people. Unhealthy relationships. Drama (even though it can be exciting to watch, and it seems to always find me). Expectations. HOUSEWORK OMG! :laughing:. Parenting (it is not easy). My weight control (also not easy). My thoughts sometimes. And having a busy schedule.
Wonder if these draining thoughts are Ne-Ti. A busy schedule hints at Si. Even more Fe, with focus on people ethics yet again. Being caught up in drama? So Fe. Fi hates that sort of shit.

This is a rinse and repeat of your previous thread, which is not a bad thing as it's much more user friendly for new on-lookers who want to take a crack at typing you. My typing remains the same. Ambiverted ESFJ. There is little to no Ti, hinting at an unconscious usage. That means Ti exists, and is able to be put to use, but remains your weakest function. Fe-Si-Ne will default before Ti. Ne is definitely stronger than Ti, and the bulk of your posts is just Fe porn. Your Fe is certainly stronger than mine. Idk, I just can't see ISFJ for you. I think you're an Fe dom.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi, @hoopla. Thank you for your input, again. I know I am probably tiring you out lol. With that being said, I do have to say that the whole purpose of this new thread was to ask more questions and have no preconceived notions. I know that is a hard thing to do, because of the previous thread. I know you gave your feedback for each answer, but I feel like you moreso dug out things that you could see as Fe-Si-Ne, and maybe unknowingly justified some. I don't think anyone that would have read this for the first time would have labeled it ESFJ right off the bat. A few of the things you gave feedback on, you added your own Si-opinion on or misinterpreted. And some of the things, seemed more of a stretch to label as Fe or whatever. You went into this with a prior opinion that I am ESFJ, and so that is what you looked for. It wasn't a fresh slate, and that is why I almost didn't do this second post in the first place. You will probably disagree and maybe take offense to what I am saying. I am truly sorry if you feel like I just spit in your face. I didn't. I just feel this was an unfair and slightly inaccurate analysis. The previous thread, I could definitely see why people went to Fe dom. But in the beginning, I was getting a LOT of IxFP.

I wanted to clarify that I turned to my sisters and mom for their perspective, so I had something to tell you guys. I read somewhere it helps to have others' opinions, other than just your own. I feel like I agree completely. They were spot on. Yet, you folks are getting a way different vibe. I chalk this up to nervous energy. And on the part where it talked about one-on-one, I didn't say that I prefer to be around people that I can be myself with. I was saying that I don't act myself when around a lot of people, therefore I prefer to be in a one-on-one setting. There is absolutely no way this can be made into a Fe vs Fi thing. This is an introversion thing. Not sure why this is something you guys can't accept lol. I am not at ease in the world, and do not like being in group settings. I am a hermit. I say I don't like booked schedules, because extroverts love to be busy. With something. I can NOT see an ESFJ not going anywhere for weeks at a time. I am perfectly content with being inside and doing introverted things. Because they make me happy :p. Now if you are having a hard time seeing Ti over Ne, then maybe it's because I am not ISFJ either. IDK.

When everyone keeps saying things are Si for me, I kind of feel like it is Se soaking in all the sensory and then feeding it to Ni, that makes the impression and meaning to me. I also just read this morning, that low order Se (especially inferior) is the function to blame for a love-hate relationship with money. I am too materialistic to be high Si. My Sister , Grandma, and Aunt are all very frugal. Preserving. I am not. The Fe may be correct because I feel guilty about it, but I do think it is Se. I read through all of the "inferior" functions. @angelcat , said that helped her out a lot in her typing journey. The ONLY introverted function that made semi sense was Ni. But I know I am not an ESFP, so that is out of the question. The inferior Ti did not resonate at all. In-fact, the one that fit like a glove was inferior Se. I could accept inferior Ne or Te as well. THIS should say something. When I am stressed, overwhelmed, and anxious... I turn into a sloppy extrovert. If I were an extrovert, I think I will turn in-wards, because that is what happens when your inferior is introverted.

I am not saying ESFJ is NOT possible, but I just feel like it just isn't me. And there are absolutely NO reasons I don't want to be one. None at all. I think they are lovely. I am surrounded by them. Think about it this way for a minute. IF I were in-fact an ESFJ, don't you think by now, I would have embraced it, because it is what everyone is throwing at me...? I mean, seems to me an Fe-DOM, would really really take how others view them as a next to sure thing. I on the other hand, WANT to accept it (that may be a aux-Fe), but I just CAN"T because it doesn't ring true, to my own subjective view of myself. Who I KNOW I am. That to me, is Ni, Si, or even Fi-dom.

So why is it, you see little to no Ti? What is it in THIS thread that you find Ti to be completely omitted?

I feel like I use Se, but sloppily. I also do feel like my T, whichever it is, is lower. I am not sure which side of the F coin I land on. And I am next to POSITIVE I am an introvert. Fe-aux would then make sense. But as you all have trouble with, is if I am an Si-dom. Not sure I am sold on that either.

Can someone explain why I feel like I fit the Beta Quadra perfectly? Alpha, mayyybe ( I mean, slightly). But Beta, really just hit home.

Hoopla, I really hope you didn't take this wrong. Your help has been very much appreciated. I just don't want to agree, just because everybody hops on board, yuh know? I don't want to settle on anything unless I am fully convinced. And I just can't bring myself to see it this way.

Is there ANY other type/functions that you see as plausible (not ISFJ)? So sorry to be your headache lol. Yours too @angelcat.

Talk to you all later. xoxo

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
And on the part where it talked about one-on-one, I didn't say that I prefer to be around people that I can be myself with. I was saying that I don't act myself when around a lot of people, therefore I prefer to be in a one-on-one setting. There is absolutely no way this can be made into a Fe vs Fi thing. This is an introversion thing.
Not sure that's true. Fe is more likely to get hyped up by its environment and act less like "itself" around a group, regardless of where it is in the function stack. Including in introverts. Introverts can look like extroverts in a group, but usually it involves Fe.

I am not at ease in the world, and do not like being in group settings. I am a hermit. I say I don't like booked schedules, because extroverts love to be busy. With something. I can NOT see an ESFJ not going anywhere for weeks at a time. I am perfectly content with being inside and doing introverted things. Because they make me happy :p. Now if you are having a hard time seeing Ti over Ne, then maybe it's because I am not xSFJ.

@hoopla said you were an ambivert, meaning you lead with Fe but are not a social extrovert. There is a distinction. Not all extroverts are social. Extroverted in Jung merely means you lead with an extroverted function.

When everyone keeps saying things are Si for me, I kind of feel like it is Se soaking in all the sensory and then feeding it to Ni, that makes the impression and meaning to me. I also just read this morning, that low order Se (especially inferior) is the function to blame for a love-hate relationship with money. I am too materialistic to be high Si. My Sister , Grandma, and Aunt are all very frugal. Preserving. I am not. The Fe may be correct because I feel guilty about it, but I do think it is Se. I read through all of the "inferior" functions.
Not sure how accurate this is, but I've read Si-dom/auxes are the most likely to compare themselves to other SJs and conclude that they are not one, because of how "different" they are. I know it certainly kept me from admitting my true type for about three months. Because... my mom is an SJ, and my best friend is an SJ, and I'm NOTHING LIKE THEM. They are the iconic image of Si in my mind, and I do not fit!

That being said, I don't know if you're Si or not. I'm just pointing out that not being "like" the SJs in your life doesn't mean you're not Si.

I could buy Ni as a lower function, but not as a dominant. Not unless I saw massive shifts in the quality of your answers.

Think about it this way for a minute. IF I were in-fact an ESFJ, don't you think by now, I would have embraced it, because it is what everyone is throwing at me...? I mean, seems to me an Fe-DOM, would really really take how others view them as a next to sure thing. I on the other hand, WANT to accept it (that may be a aux-Fe), but I just CAN"T because it doesn't ring true, to my own subjective view of myself. Who I KNOW I am. That to me, is Ni, Si, or even Fi -dom.
No, they wouldn't just embrace it. Their Si might get hung up on the details of it, in comparing to other SJs they know, and balk.

Like I said, I don't know what your type is, but your arguments against SJ aren't disqualifies for SJ.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can somebody give me questions that would focus on the intuition scale? I loved how @TelepathicGoose gave me the question on whether I valued Fe or Si more. And the one @shinynotshiny gave on the book club. And @Arrow , if and when you have time. If you wanted to hop over to here, so it is more fresh. No pressure.

Anyone?

Reactions: Telepathis Goosus

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I could buy Ni as a lower function, but not as a dominant. Not unless I saw massive shifts in the quality of your answers.

Okay, so... What was it, for example, in alittlebear's answers that screamed high Ni? I didn't really see it. I saw Fe, and maybe even Ti. I didn't notice the Ni-Se axes really (not sayig it wasn't there).

I talked to Loony Deliria (INFJ 4w3) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTNSGrDYNMT46g7_v1wb3Lw
on FB about what Ni is like. I told her a bit about the the way I see things, and the way I see my thoughts, and how they're all in images. I explained it's like a constant movie player etc. She said she really thought I could be high Ni, after our conversation.

Anyway, we will see how this goes. Thanks, @angelcat. BTW- I hope things are going good with your novel!

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Add-on: if SFJ isn't possible, I could see you as an ISFP.

Out of curiosity, why do you think ESFP is off the table? (And please don't say: "because my husband is one.")
lol, I actually wasn't going to say that :p.

Because I am too chicken shit for anything remotely dangerous. I don't live by the mantra "live and let live". I don't take things at face value. There is always something beyond the surface. The surface never tells the truth, to me. I am not active etc. What makes YOU think it isn't off the table?

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I resonate, a LOT.

Reactions: SiFan

·
Registered
6,850 Posts

Okay, so... What was it, for example, in alittlebear's answers that screamed high Ni? I didn't really see it. I saw Fe, and maybe even Ti. I didn't notice the Ni-Se axes. I talked to Loony Deliria (INFJ 4w3) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTNSGrDYNMT46g7_v1wb3Lw
on FB about what Ni is like. I told her a bit about the the way I see things, and the way I see my thoughts. They are all in images. I explained it like a movie player etc. She said she really thought I could be high Ni, after the conversation.

Anyway, we will see how this goes. Thanks, @angelcat. BTW- I hope things are going good with your novel!
You just don't feel like one to me. I don't see that fierce Ni intensity in you, nor do your answers come across to me as able to peel away the layers of superficiality around an object and find its essence and individualized truth.

Maybe I'm wrong.

You need a real Ni-dom to ask you something that only a Ni would interpret in a particular way.

Because I am too chicken shit for anything remotely dangerous. I don't live by the mantra "live and let live". I don't take things at face value. There is always something beyond the surface. The surface never tells the truth, to me. I am not active etc.
I'd suggest the first sentence rules out Se altogether. I know at least one INXJ who does stupid, dangerous things... or did, before he destroyed his nervous system. One too many reckless stunts, I suppose.

Se is stereotyped unfairly as a restless danger-seeking function. It's really not. It's active seeking of new experiences, and in SPs, that is the center of their focus. There is absolutely no hesitation in entering into the unknown in NJ/SP types, because what is unknown is completely exciting, unlike the NP/SJ types, whose Si wants information beforehand.

Few people take things at entirely face value. Those that do are inhibited and dwelling only in their dominant functions.

Being active is not Se. A Se is just as likely to sit on their butt in front of the TV as anyone.

What makes YOU think it isn't off the table?
No reason. Just asking questions.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Angelcat... what I was trying to illustrate is that I am too chicken to go skydiving etc. Things that are thrill seeking. I love experiences, but not when danger is involved. I look at certain roller coaster, and see that all it would take is one malfunction. No thanks. am not stranger to being impulsive from time to time. Intoxicating myself "recklessly". I am also very quick when it come to acting in an emergency, as in action wise. I don't freeze up. That has to be Se somewhere. No?

But see, the thing is, I don't know how much of this has to do with my GAD.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You don't really seem Fe to me,especially not dominant.I could kinda see it in that old thread(actually more like I could justify what most others thought) but I'm not feeling it.It's just my "gut feeling" lol,so don't ask much and feel free to ignore me :p
Yeah, not sure what happened in that other thread. Although, I am not opposed to Fe. I just really feel like it's aux if at all. Actually I could see that. It would make sense having a Pi function first followed by Fe. That would explain me saying I am an outspoken introvert.

Reactions: Darkbloom

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Angelcat... what I was trying to illustrate is that I am to chicken to go skydiving etc. Things that are thrill seeking. I love experiences, but not when danger is involved. I look at certain roller coaster, and see that all it would take is one malfunction. No thanks. am not stranger to being impulsive from time to time. Intoxicating myself "recklessly". I am also very quick when it come to acting in an emergency, as in action wise. I don't freeze up. That has to be Se somewhere. No?
... no. Not really indicators of Se.

Any type can get recklessly intoxicated. Any type can be impulsive. Any type can react quickly in an emergency.

Se is objective memories (not colored through subjective impressions, other than those of what the situation symbolized, through Ni) and a tendency to need no previous experience to feel comfortable in a new situation. It is an active pushing away from what is known into the unknown.

Si is subjective memories (colored through subjective impressions, flowing out into greater possibilities and multiple perspectives through Ne) and a tendency to be careful and desire previous experience before heading into a new situation.

Let's try this. Hypothetical situation.

After witnessing a horrific crime, you have to go into the witness protection program. They tell you that you cannot see any of your old friends, or contact them. The same with your extended family. You cannot use any of your old usernames, or frequent any of your favorite websites (that have log-ins). You are given a new first and last name, moved to a new city, and given a new job that you have never had before.

How would you cope? What would your reaction be? Could you do it easily? Or would you need SOMETHING familiar in order to deal with it?

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
I plan on going through your post later today, but I'd like to ask a question:

- What is the self? Describe it.

I'm interested in your approach to this question, but I don't know if it will say anything about your personality.

To anyone following this thread: all questions in this thread are for SugarPlum.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After witnessing a horrific crime, you have to go into the witness protection program. They tell you that you cannot see any of your old friends, or contact them. The same with your extended family. You cannot use any of your old usernames, or frequent any of your favorite websites (that have log-ins). You are given a new first and last name, moved to a new city, and given a new job that you have never had before.

How would you cope? What would your reaction be? Could you do it easily? Or would you need SOMETHING familiar in order to deal with it?
So basically I am dead to everyone? Ehhh. This would be hard. My mom...and sister. I could not imagine never talking with them again. I don't think this would be easy for ANYONE. If I could stay somehow in contact with just them. Through a burner phone or something. At LEAST say my goodbyes and explain it is for everyone's good. Especially My mom.

This all being said, it would be a hard adjustment just because of emotional ties to a few people. But, to protect my immediate family (husband and kids), I would do it. The starting over new, and fresh I would embrace completely. Just the fact that life continued here, with my mom and siblings , while I essentially died to them. I could leave my friends and even my other extended family no problem. Especially for safety. Can I please just have my mom and siblings in this scenario? How about they witnessed the same thing, and we are all in the program together? No? Okay, fine. Yeah, it would be HARD, but I would do it. I would be homesick for sure, or maybe more like "mom-sick". And yes, I would need SOMETHING that has a connection to her. I would need to find something clever that would not be an obvious symbol of her, but I would need it.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I plan on going through your post later today, but I'd like to ask a question:

- What is the self? Describe it.

I'm interested in your approach to this question, but I don't know if it will say anything about your personality.

To anyone following this thread: all questions in this thread are for SugarPlum.
Funny you should ask this, because for the longest time, I thought this was evidence of me being Si-dom. Who knows, it still may be. Or maybe doesn't mean anything accept I am weird lol. Let's see if I can articulate this properly in words.

But okay, so you know how some people say things like; "I can see my self from the outside looking in"? Well, I am kind of the opposite actually. Please do not think I need meds, because this is some weird s***. I feel like my soul and my body are 2 completely different things (I know, well duh). But it is extreme in my case. I sometimes look at my hands for instance and think how weird it is that I am IN this body. Like I think of myself as a soul. The body is my host, but it doesn't feel like it's mine...? Gosh, I really don't know how to explain this. I guess it is the opposite of the "outer body experience" because I can actually FEEL my soul IN my body. Like I feel like I look through my soul, into the world, not actually through my eyes. Okay this probably either freaked you all out, or made no sense at all.

Let's make this more simple. I feel like one's 'self' is one's soul. Think of the wisps on Brave. I kind of see our souls like that. They enter whatever body God assigns them to, temporarily, until one day they will bring on an external image (when Christ returns). Sorry, I didn't mean to take it that direction. And I didn't get that from the Bible, because I have not ran into that description thus far.

Alright, think of a caterpillar (soul), snuggled in a temporary cocoon (our Earthly hosts), that emerges as a beautiful, unique butterfly (our eternal glorified body in Christ). The butterfly catches the essence of what the cocoons inner beauty was, in an external way. This is why butterflies mean SO much to me. I see them as a blue print of the human.

Reactions: Dangerose

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
So basically I am dead to everyone? Ehhh. This would be hard. My mom...and sister. I could not imagine never talking with them again. I don't think this would be easy for ANYONE. If I could stay somehow in contact with just them. Through a burner phone or something. At LEAST say my goodbyes and explain it is for everyone's good. Especially My mom.

This all being said, it would be a hard adjustment just because of emotional ties to a few people. But, to protect my immediate family (husband and kids), I would do it. The starting over new, and fresh I would embrace completely. Just the fact that life continued here, with my mom and siblings , while I essentially died to them. I could leave my friends and even my other extended family no problem. Especially for safety. Can I please just have my mom and siblings in this scenario? How about they witnessed the same thing, and we are all in the program together? No? Okay, fine. Yeah, it would be HARD, but I would do it. I would be homesick for sure, or maybe more like "mom-sick". And yes, I would need SOMETHING that has a connection to her. I would need to find something clever that would not be an obvious symbol of her, but I would need it.
Emotion. Family. Etc.

That aside, HOW would you adapt to a new life? Abandon your old one (forget about the people for a minute; I'm asking for your responses to this totally unfamiliar life, and your behavior) or would you slide back into usual behaviors? Would you continue seeking out the same sorts of things as before?

If someone asked you to come up with something completely new every Monday for a month, could you do it? Something that was nothing like the last week's ... whatever? (Painting, story, dress, etc.)

Project Runway is a good example of this. Ne and Si often lose, Se and Ni often win. Why is that, do you think?

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Funny you should ask this, because for the longest time, I thought this was evidence of me being Si-dom. Who knows, it still may be. Or maybe doesn't mean anything accept I am weird lol. Let's see if I can articulate this properly in words.

But okay, so you know how some people say things like; "I can see my self from the outside looking in"? Well, I am kind of the opposite actually. Please do not think I need meds, because this is some weird s***. I feel like my soul and my body are 2 completely different things (I know, well duh). But it is extreme in my case. I sometimes look at my hands for instance and think how weird it is that I am IN this body. Like I think of myself as a soul. The body is my host, but it doesn't feel like it's mine...? Gosh, I really don't know how to explain this. I guess it is the opposite of the "outer body experience" because I can actually FEEL my soul IN my body. Like I feel like I look through my soul, into the world, not actually through my eyes. Okay this probably either freaked you all out, or made no sense at all.

Let's make this more simple. I feel like one's 'self' is one's soul. Think of the wisps on Brave. I kind of see our souls like that. They enter whatever body God assigns them to, temporarily, until one day they will bring on an external image (when Christ returns). Sorry, I didn't mean to take it that direction. And I didn't get that from the Bible, because I have not ran into that description thus far.

Alright, think of a caterpillar (soul), snuggled in a temporary cocoon (our Earthly hosts), that emerges as a beautiful, unique butterfly (our eternal glorified body in Christ). The butterfly catches the essence of what the cocoons inner beauty was, in an external way. This is why butterflies mean SO much to me. I see them as a blue print of the human.
Nope, didn't freak me out. No worries :)

I have some questions before responding to your post.

Can you talk about your concept of a soul a little bit more? Do you have a vision of your soul, for example?

1 - 20 of 249 Posts