Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to start this off with HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Thank you mum for everythingggg you've done for me! <33333 (If you guys wanted to know she's an ISFJ c;)

oKKKKKK.......so this thread isn't about me (Well, I guess you could read the title) . It's about my older sister who has been desperately trying to type herself for years. Most people say she's an ISFP but her Fe is a lot stronger than Fi...but I'm pretty sure FE is NOT her most dominant function! She's more like the type who doesn't like controlling others or others controlling her.

I'm not too sure about the other functions.

My guesses are ISFJ or INFJ......not saying that ISFP or anything isn't possible!
Her best friends are: ENFJ, ISFP, ISTJ, ENFP & ISFJ
Her close friends are: ISTP, ISFP x2, ExFP
Her good friends are: EXFJ, ESFP, ISTP, ENFJ
Her most disliked individual is an ESTP but our cousin is one too and she and her get along fabulously.
Facts about her:
- She's one of the smartest in her grade. She's been first place at a school for intelligent kids before and this year, she got first in Science
- The only time I heard her snap at a friend was when her friend didn't start on a project due in two days and was drawing all day. She apologised but still felt annoyed,
- She likes drawing~ She usually draw semi-realistic things
- When she heard that a drunk man stomped on a baby, she cried.
- She doesn't watch much anime but her favourites are Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hyouka
- Her favourite shows is Sherlock
- Her favourite thing is rain
- She's not really into gaming or sport but likes folding lucky stars, the ocean and the more peaceful kinda stuff more
- She doesn't talk much around strangers and is definitely the 'look before you leap' type
- She likes puzzles and logical games
- On Keirsey's test, she generally tested as an ISFP but It didn't relate to her...
- Not competitive
- Quite mature
- She has gotten ENTJ before....
- On her functions test, she has gotten ISFJ, ENFJ and ESFJ before
- Wants to be a doctor or vet
- She doesn't listen to any mainstream music...
- Her current favourite soundtrack this romantic paris rainy day track
- She also likes the Nagi no Asukara osts and songs (EBB AND FLOW IS HER FAVE) and Chou Chou
- Not manipulated easily
- Out of the seven deadly sins, hers is gluttony when it comes to food...but she's one of those people who can eat as much as they like but never get fat TT^TT
- Likes saying miaow a lot
- She's a sucker for traveling
- Her schoolwork is really organised but her room is a mess

I also forced her to take a questionnaire...but her answers showed both functions or none so It was really confusing!!! I'm posting it here:

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

I would be genuinely very surprised and shocked at first, because my initial thoughts would probably revolve around ‘he didn’t take our relationship seriously’ and it would be a very difficult time for me because I have not dealt with the death of any close friends or family. I would probably have asked him why he didn’t tell me when he found out. I would be extremely upset but also worried about his health and his parents.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

My primary focus would be his parent’s feelings as well as his own. There is a lovely quotes somewhere along the lines of ‘there is no word for parents without their children because it can’t describe the pain’. Also, to be facing death is a very terrible thing as you don’t know which breath will be your last. I will probably try to help him reach his goals/dreams/bucket list.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

If it wasn’t allowed by the professor, I wouldn’t help her with the test, but I would probably take her to a café and ask her to tell me what exactly she was having trouble with and I would explain it to her (if it’s allowed)
I wouldn’t be the most willing person to help her, but I’m pretty sure if I had no other plans then I would probably would.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

1. The fact that we are usually pretty indifferent to each other, and then she suddenly needs my help desperately
2. we do get along

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

Is this allowed  etctec

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

if put with reliable people, then 1

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

- significant impact on company’s operations
- collective effort
SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

it’s wonderful – specialization, I probably will try to give my opinion, although I am not very opinionates as a person

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.
group projects mean that each person needs to do less, and specialize in one area so it more efficient so yay

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

I would take a walk, bike, go to a shopping mall with my family or friends, drink coffee or tea, read, play piano, chuck a few hoops, think about travelling

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?
listening to music, talking to people, the above etc

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

My top three: medical doctor, musician, teacher

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

It was very difficult- I still haven’t found out where exactly I would like to head in my life, but I am leaning towards medicine. If I was extremely skilled at an instrument than I wouldn’t mind performing for life.

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.
The canyons (?) rock formations are absolutely gorgeous! The ripples in the stone are beautiful, and the river/water body seems so serene. I feel at ease and peaceful when looking at the picture- I would love to go somewhere like that!

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?
I naturally love travelling and soaking in the sights of nature, and I love images like this!

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?
It’s great- I quite like it but it’s not ‘save-to-my-computer’ worthy

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIES :DDDDDDD You're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw her as one too. I'm still going to wait for a few more replies before slamming a type onto her haha ;D

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
From what was given.... I'll go with xNFJ or SP

A lot of what was said told me nothing, but I saw Fe and Se, but not much Ni. Maybe I'm misinterpreting Fi as Fe.

You should ask her to fill out Entropic's questionnaire.

Reactions: Berribliss

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's done that before and was typed as ISFP ;)
She might have changed or not taken the questions too seriously so I'll get her to do it ^^

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
The questionaire by @Spades worked wonders for my thread, though that could be because I had a pretty awesome cast of people to ask discerning questions, so maybe the questionaire with double the questions would be better... :wink:
Not even necessarily the amount of questions, but the types being asked. No leading questions, with some conceptual ones as well (allows you to discern S vs N better... are concepts easily grasped upon, or is the concrete more natural to discuss?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts