Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to do a Jungian, Freudian and a Feminist analysis on a fairytale. Which of these would be the easiest?

Snow White
Sleeping Beauty
The Fisherman and his Wife
Beauty and the Beast

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm an advocate of Beauty and the Beast. I mean, the Beast is clearly abusive, so you can definitely get some interesting feminist stuff out of that.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
For Freud, just make up some story about Beast's mother. If the professor asks for a source, just say you read it in an encyclopedia of Disney characters while at the Disney Store. If your argument / bullshit is convincing enough, the professor won't spend time to go dig that proof up to grade your paper. voila... instant-solved. =D

But then, your ethical angel might give you a slap on the head for dishonesty while your cheating devil might snicker, pat you on the back, and say 'job well done'.

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
With Jung, I would do something with archetypes. With Freud, just find some of the sexual implications and make it fit with one of his theories somehow. If you don't know much about either theorist, I would do some research.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'd like to weigh heavily in on this, suggest some really smart shit and get lots of thanks, but in all honesty your task sounds like hell. It's the sort of pseudo-intellectual bullshit bored academics think of in order to justify their salaries. Trying to review The Beauty and the Beast from a feminist perspective is like trying to see Jesus in a sandwich; at best it's subjective and at worst it's ludicrous. And that's not a theep at the story, nor at feminism.

Your task clearly requires someone way smarter (or at least far more bored) than I am, and if you can pull this off, I'll give you virtual thumbs up and refer to you as Ms. Kickass.

·
Registered
284 Posts
No Cinderella? She might have penis envy because she's not satisfied with her slave life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts