Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that most of you have noticed that I have a sever interest in trying to understand you ISFP's. A lot of the things I mentioned could be taken as insults and as negative things. I just want you all to know that I don't hate you. Really! I am just trying to understand. So I wanted to start a thread about all the wonderful things about you guys to show it. And even though I might not agree with the way you go about things sometimes, the fact of the matter it that you most likely never intended it to be hurtful.

Care's about other's feelings.
Very original - this is the one that I probably admire the most! Why are you guys so original anyways? Ugh I envy this. I can be creative but sometimes you guys say something and I feel like I have been hit with a ton of bricks or something.
Highly creative, artistic and spiritual.

Tag you're it.

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
I think that most of you have noticed that I have a sever interest in trying to understand you ISFP's. A lot of the things I mentioned could be taken as insults and as negative things. I just want you all to know that I don't hate you. Really! I am just trying to understand. So I wanted to start a thread about all the wonderful things about you guys to show it. And even though I might not agree with the way you go about things sometimes, the fact of the matter it that you most likely never intended it to be hurtful.

Very original - this is the one that I probably admire the most! Why are you guys so original anyways? Ugh I envy this. I can be creative but sometimes you guys say something and I feel like I have been hit with a ton of bricks or something.

Tag you're it.
(How did this get missed?)

I think, at least for myself, a lot of the creativity comes from being willing to try almost anything. My mom is an INTJ, but has a creative side...She is always surprised at the color combinations and such that I come up with, but if she asks me how...All I do is combine, combine, combine until something looks good. On the flip side, I find it hard to see or visualize something in my head, and it's easier for her. I need the colors, beads, and such at my fingertips.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good luck understanding me because I sure as hell have a hard time at that. My thoughts about myself are constantly in flux.

Your assumption that I am original is correct and it constantly leads me to feeling like an outcast which leads to a lot of negative thoughts and feelings, sometimes to the point where I consider suicide as a realistic option. But on the other hand I am very capable of creating things that other people enjoy such as music and art.

My creativity, I think, is a function of nostalgia combined with in the moment sensations. Nostalgia gives me a strong motivation to recapture distant vague positive feelings/memories. What I create today will then lead to future feelings of nostalgia and the cycle repeats. This, I believe, is the foundation of my creative process. My end products may seem negative to outsiders but to me they represent peace and happiness. My originality is a combination of feelings, thoughts, and memories. I hope this helps, if not I am more than willing to explain further but I think that I may not be someone who represents the majority of ISFPs and therefore my words may be tainted.

·
Registered
512 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think that most of you have noticed that I have a sever interest in trying to understand you ISFP's. A lot of the things I mentioned could be taken as insults and as negative things. I just want you all to know that I don't hate you. Really! I am just trying to understand. So I wanted to start a thread about all the wonderful things about you guys to show it. And even though I might not agree with the way you go about things sometimes, the fact of the matter it that you most likely never intended it to be hurtful.

Tag you're it. "
I allow myself to being imaginative.
I allow my inner child to emerge without analyzing the inner child.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts