Source: What's my Type? Use of the Enneagram by Kathleen V. Hurley and Theofore E. Dobson.
- Do you sometimes think you're too cynical or suspicious because you intuitively seem to know the hidden motives of others - especially their dark, manipulative intentions?
- Are you able to be positive, optimistic, and upbeat around others even though you feel pessimistic or desperate about your life when you're alone?
- Do you guard against becoming too emotionally vulnerable or dependent upon even those closest to you because you fear being manipulated?
- When your goals are unclear or you don't have any goals, do you lose your energy and find that life is suddenly dull and boring?
- To avoid being rude or hurtful, do you often have to feign interest in a conversation you're having because a new idea or important current project is beginning to race through your mind?
- Do you prize relationships that are free and undemanding and break relationships that become too complicated or time consuming?
- Are you able instantly to hide your feelings of shock, disappointment, anger, embarrassment, and so on until you can deal with them in private?
- Would you tend to err on the side of saying too little rather than saying too much?
- Is it difficult for you to take time for yourself, to relax or to "do nothing" when there are still projects left undone?