Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So ive been goin across the boards asking questions for various types and I've been enjoying myself with it thus far so i figured why not keep going and get to know more people. Every INFP I've met has either been a total sweetheart or my mom so I'm excited to see what you guys have to say.

1: Do you consider yourself a romantic? tell me about it.
2: Whats kind of struggles did you have to deal with growing up?
3: Tell me about your passions and dreams. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
4: Are you into philosophy? What do you think is the meaning of life? Do you think we have free will?
5: Do you read?
6: What fictional character do you most identify with?
7: They pair you guys up with ENFJs a lot. Do you know any/ if you do, do you get along?
8: What's your best friend's type?
9: Honest opinion of ENFPs.

Edit: I actually haven't answered my own questions on any of the other boards but @fresh and @brightflashes asked if i would. I tend to enjoy listening and learning about people over talking about myself these days but i figured why not?

1: For sure. lmao. I love people, intimacy, passion, and idealism. I'm a gigantic fucking sap and I've recently had a lot of revelations in regards to love that has really changed my perception of it along with myself. I fall in love with everyone that has a sliver of something beautiful in them worth loving, and i find that most people have this. It gets to be a bit of a pain at times being that I've found myself romanticizing my friends and teachers putting them on this pedestal and fawning over the sliver of beauty that I've found in them. I typically don't act on this love for people and force it to backseat the logical part of me that understands what will and will not work, so i don't make a fool of myself. Even as I type and read over this i am dissatisfied with my explanation because it truly is hard to get across. I know how it sounds, it's crazy and ridiculous and kind of hard to take seriously but I promise I act on more than my feelings lol. I suppose that could sorta be Fi-Te but not really. I hope that one day I'll come across the right person who sees a sliver of beauty in me to put on a pedestal too. i could talk about love for days.

2: I've had to deal with a handful of issues growing up. ADHD, depression, procrastination, issues with motivation. Lots of issues i have to deal with through today. I think one of the primary issues I've struggled with is the disconnect between the meanings that I put into my life and the indifference of the rest of the world to those investments. Abandonment has been a big one, and general disappointments in the lack of evidence behind beliefs I've held dear. It's difficult for me to let go of what I've once held dear to my heart, even if I suppose it should be the best for me to move on.

3: My ultimate passion is people. I love people, i love hearing about people, learning about people, helping people. I love the stories that people have and find it beautiful and amazing how many different worlds people can come from. Thats a big reason why I did this, don't think for a second that I don't care about your responses think again. For the admittedly short time that I read your answers you are the center of my universe, you're telling me a bit about your story. Another passion of mine is art of all sorts. visual, music, storytelling. I love stories a lot. I'm an aspiring writer, and my dream is to create realistic characters for people to identify with and get something out of. Even if it's something stupid, i want to positively impact a life with something i made.

4: I love philosophy and have studied it in depth even right out of high school. I'm fond of Sartre, Socrates, Camus, and some of Kierkegaard. I have a dual answer to the meaning of life based on the culmination of what I've learned. I am an existentialist; i believe we determine our own meaning for ourselves. But i think that that ties into a greater meaning if life that I've recently stumbled upon. Life is the only stuff that is able to take in and perceive the universe and make something for itself in it. I think life is the universe's way of exploring and perceiving itself, and I'm not necessarily sure if a god is tied into that but if he/she is then I think that's why we're here. To live in the glory of all that there is and could be. As far as free will goes, I'm not really sure anymore. I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of fate, and hate the possibility that my decisions might not be my own. determinism is scary but hard to refute. ultimately I might would fall back on quantum mechanics to justify the chaotic-ness of the universe and deny fate/empower us with free will.

5: I do not read exactly, but I love stories. Video games, books, movies, even oral stories all have something of merit that I love to listen to and take in.

6: I identify with Aang from the Last Airbender series a lot i suppose. Steven from Steven universe is a good one too. I've never seen him typed the same as me but I see lots of myself in Peter Parker/Spiderman, and Deadpool to an extent lol. At my most moody, I've related to Anakin Skywalker, but the worst most insane villain I've ever seen myself in is Mr. Jefferson from life is strange.

7: I Have an ENFJ sister who i love more than life itself. but this question is less applicable to me. they pair us ENFPs up with INFJs, most of whom i love with all my heart. they introvert the way we extrovert and vice versa so it's like we speak the perfect information at one another and god i love it so much. My dream girl is an INFJ.

8: My best friend is an ENTJ and he's a cunt... A good cunt. kinda. He's a good loyal friend but he hates all my responses to these questions so he gets to keep cunt status.

9: I think I gave my opinion of INFPs in the beginning but I'll say it again. I love you guys. Something i think I love most about you is that dom Fi pushing you to no matter what be your truest most individual self and make it the best you you could be. I love that so much and I think that's something we can all learn from genuinely. You're typically so thoughtful and caring and sweet and god i love you fuckers. You're the only type that has cared to ask for my answers to my questions and that touches my heart <3

·
Registered
28 Posts
1: not any more, see #2
2: getting low, walking away from suicide, sexual assault and the flash backs in intemecy (and rejection due to)
3: nature, seeing what I can do today, physical movement (once ran 100 miles in 19 hours, 36 and don't know how to drive)
4: like phylosophy, really enjoyed readng zen and the art of motorcycle maintence when kayaking 400+ km to scatter my father's ashes at the small town he was raised in.
5: used to, no time with school (9 courses this sem.)
6: not one in perticular, perhaps Sir Orrin Neville-Smythe
7: no idea
8: not too sure, clinical anxiety/depression though
9: again, too much time out in nature or under a rock.

Ps: no spell checker so you get to deal with my spelling :p

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts

With the right person, yeah I can be. I like romantic things. Sensual things. I can be very romantic. But it has to be with the right person. I've always liked this quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald,

I'm not sentimental--I'm as romantic as you are. The idea, you know, is that the sentimental person thinks things will last--the romantic person has a desperate confidence that they won't.

-This Side Of Paradise.

Reconciling my intense emotions. Later, dealing with depression.

3: Tell me about your passions and dreams. What gets you out of bed in the morning?

My ambitions and artistic pursuits. The desire for greatness, for success. Being a champion is a full time job, and it starts when you wake up in the morning. I'm always focusing on the next win. Eye on the fucking prize. No bullshit, no excuses. Success at all costs, nothing but total victory.

4: Are you into philosophy? What do you think is the meaning of life? Do you think we have free will?

A little bit. The meaning of life is to live out your greatest truth. Yes, we have free will.

Yeah, I read alot. I'm a writer though, so half of it is more like studying. I don't think I can ever fully just read for leisure. I'm always learning things when I read, always studying and analyzing things. Form, technique, character development, plots, motifs, sentence structure, word choice, all of that.

Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby.

7: They pair you guys up with ENFJs a lot. Do you know any/ if you do, do you get along?

ENFJs are alright. I kind of forget about them alot of the times, but recently I've developed a new appreciation for them.

ENFP!!! He's a total champion.

I fucking love ENFPs. They are so great. My best friend is one, one of the greatest women I've ever been with was an ENFP. Some of my greatest friends are ENFPs. They are really really cool people. Solid, through and through.

·
Registered
742 Posts
So ive been goin across the boards asking questions for various types and I've been enjoying myself with it thus far so i figured why not keep going and get to know more people. Every INFP I've met has either been a total sweetheart or my mom so I'm excited to see what you guys have to say.

1. I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to my fantasies and movies I like, but I'm not sure how romantic I am in reality haha. I certainly like to romanticize everything and like the idea of romantic gestures, but I don't know if I come off as romantic... I think I'm just romantically-minded and love romance (like I dream about Mr. Darcy encounters or being carried in the rain by Colonel Brandon hahaha). I have written poetry about some of my partners though and even laid a dozen magnolias I picked across one of their cars... so maybe I am outwardly romantic too haha.

2. This is a tricky one... But it all boils down to feeling misunderstood because I was so sensitive. Or just feeling like I didn't really fit in... I would often be an easy target for kids to pick on because they knew I was soft and did "embarrassing" things. But surprisingly, I was very well liked. I just was never in the "in" crowd and was easy to make fun of.

3. Those two sentences are very different things :p. My dreams/passions are basically just fantasizing, but that often translates into creation which is usually writing but is sometimes piano. I love literature and language, and I love great writing so much. Just how it can transport you is something so wonderful and perplexing... That's why I want it for myself so badly. I also have a passion for learning about/exploring the world. I love nature, other cultures, I love going to art museums. I also have been learning some Japanese and that has been interesting. But what gets me out of bed each morning is hope and love: that God has a plan and I need to keep going.

4. Yes! I especially love ethics. I think the meaning of life is thought of differently by everyone, but for me: it's love. I think all of us were put here to grow and to help others grow because God is like a parent, and he gave us life so he could love us and we could love him. And yes, I believe we have free will. I think we have more free will than any other creature on the planet haha.

5. Simple answer is yes haha. It's complicated... I have a love/hate relationship with reading because I was required to read a lot as an English major and I'll sometimes think of reading as a homework assignment. If I'm reading trash however, I don't worry about reading well haha.

6. Oh no... this is a horrible question! (by that, I mean impossible). Well shoot, for some reason I thought of Chihiro from Spirited Away, but I'm also kind of a Marianne Dashwood... Luna Lovegood a little bit, Lucy Pevensie, Belle... I can't say one for certain, to tell you the truth. The most horrible character I related to was Dorian Grey, which gave me nightmares...

7. I think I know one and yeah, we got along. But I've found him awkward surprisingly haha.

8. I'd have to go with my sister: ISFJ. We have some major communication barriers but we love each other very much. And when we get along, we REALLY get along well.

9. Y'all can be quite aggravating, but I love you guys :p. I say aggravating because our similarities can really clash haha. Even though I wish my mom was a better listener, I love her to death. Also, you guys get us very well :p I can't complain about that! I also thought I was an ENFP until recently so anything negative is a jab at me as well haha.

Thanks for the questions! I really enjoyed them :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ooh fun questions :) wouldn't expect anything less from an ENFP!

Yes, very much. I'd say the most romantic thing about me is that my biggest fear in life is never experiencing romantic love. I've had crushes and little things but nothing that enters the realm of real, devotional, all encompassing love. Since I've never truly experienced it, it's something I'm fascinated with and it makes me prone to romanticizing romance itself.

Had a traumatic incident in my late childhood that is responsible for a lot of issues I'm struggling with now (including the above). Wouldn't be surprised if this incident set my personality in the direction of INFP (opposed to ISFP or something else). There's a medical problem I have that isn't very fun, along with a mild anxiety disorder. Overall though, I consider myself fairly lucky and fortunate. I have so many opportunities and people to be thankful for, despite this stuff. I'd be broken without them.

Have yet to sort out my passions and dreams (currently in a slump/ weirdly private about this). So for now, the promise of breakfast is the most motivation I have for getting out of bed in the morning haha.

Kinda. Hmmm...the meaning of life, well in a lot of ways, I'm somewhat of a nihilist in that I don't think there really is a specific point or meaning to life. If I had a say in the matter, I'd want the meaning to be connection, to one another and to our planet. It's cheesy but isn't this answer meant to be cheesy? There are many ways to read "connection" as the reason why we all exist.

I'm not well versed on free will, but I want to say no. I don't have the energy to explain haha, but it's linked to the existential crises I've experienced leaving me to think that all the options one could take in life really aren't conceivably possible in literal practice, so how can this thoroughly encompass free will? Unless dreaming is enough. To me, it's an illusion.

Yup, I'm one of those people that reads five different books at one time and has way too many books waiting to be read on my book-shelf. Currently I'm in the dull spot in all of them :rolleyes: I hate it when that happens.

The most recent one has been Tina Belcher from Bob's Burgers. Also, Tengo Kawana from Haruki Murakami's 1Q84.

I do know a few! They're chill. I haven't gotten along the best with them in life, but I still appreciate them and the way they operate. I admire their tenacity for their passions and their general work ethic. They can be really fun. But when disagreements form...man, it's not pretty.

ENFP!

Love you all to bits! If only I could find one of you men ENFPs to love me baaaackk
:crying: (see my thread in the ENFP forum for reference :p) Seriously though, ENFPs are the type I sync with the most, and the only people that have ever been capable of understanding the various sides of me (although not every single one yet). I love their energy, and their empathy, and their ideas. I often feel really inspired by ENFPs. The thing I love the most about ENFPs is their honesty...you guys are so real in the realest way that's really eva possible haha. It's refreshing, addicting, and a joy to be around, even when it's not the fun kind of honesty.

@thatguywhodrawsstuff, are you going to answer these too?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts

Kinda. I've been married for a while, so being romantic is kinda something you feel like you need to keep up on.

Social Anxiety was the biggest thing. Second biggest thing was being directionless.

Right now it's my teaching career. I want to make a positive impact in other lives, and teaching is the way I do it. Right now that's with substituting, but who knows down the line.

Need to read more philosophy, but I identify with absurdists. The meaning of life is what you make of it. We have free will.

Yes, mostly either comics (Calvin and Hobbes), history books, sports/technology articles online.

Deadpool. Maybe I'm nothing like him, but just love the idea of the character.

I know one and I'm married to her XD.

ENFJ

Haven't met any. I can come across as ENFP-ish at times.

·
Premium Member
15,531 Posts
Okay, I'll bite...

No way. Intensity, lovey-dovey and intimacy aren't really my things.

Yes to this definition:
2.of, characterized by, or suggestive of an idealized view of reality.
"a romantic attitude toward the past"
synonyms:idyllic, picturesque, fairy-tale; beautiful, lovely, charming, pretty
"a romantic setting"

idealistic, idealized, romanticized, unrealistic, fanciful, impractical;
head-in-the-clouds, starry-eyed, optimistic, hopeful, visionary, utopian, fairy-tale
"romantic notions of life in rural communities"

2: What kind of struggles did you have to deal with growing up?
Not getting my way. Parents often put their foot down. :p !!!

I have no job and can do pretty much anything I want all day.
I consider this "The Perfect Life".

I believe people have free will most of the time, some things are beyond our control (mental/physical illness). Meaning of life is to create and learn. Philosophy? It's okay.

Sure

Willy Wonka first. Dr. House second.

My love and/or hate of ENFJs depends on the ENFJs. Depends on the person.

ISFJ (at least that is what he typed as, he may not really be that type)

I cannot think of one ENFP in my life that I did not like or love. Probably my second fav type, behind INFJs.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
I'm attracted to romanticised ideas. For example, the romanticization of certain situations, mental states, etc... However, I'm also repelled by the idea that *concrete* examples of these things are romantic. For example, unrequited love is a pretty romantic theme to me, but I would never want to actually experience this or wish it on anyone else.

When it comes to actual relationship related romance, not as much.

2: What kind of struggles did you have to deal with growing up?
One very unstable parent (I was removed from the house for my protection), a string of deaths of personal friends, two experiences of abuse I don't care to go into details with, all of these things happening before I was 22.

So called "helpless cases" like people who are on death row, people who don't seem like they will "make it" somehow AND The opportunity to relieve suffering of any kind.

I'm interested in the meeting between philosophy and science, so psychology was an excellent field to study. The other questions are very complicated and subjective and I don't have the answers, but I can say that I recognize the importance of finding meaning in life and it seems very improbable that we don't have free will.

More than anyone I know IRL; at least 50 books a year, usually more.

Before I read the farseer series, I would have said Amelie. Now, I'd say Fitzchivalry Farseer.

Yes; do not get along with the one individual I know who is. However, I might get along with others. I get along best with INTX, INFPs, and ENXPs.

It feels wrong to describe my friends as "best", so I'll just say that my four closest friends are: ENFP, INFP, INTP, and XXFP - way too close to this person to intuit their actual type and since I've known him since age 14 or 15, I don't think I can infer his type.

I love their ability to explore and generate new ideas. They're such an interesting source of speculation. However, they do tire me out quite a bit. My ENFP friend I see about four times a year but interact with each other almost daily through text/email and if/when something horrible ever happened, I know she'd be right there for me and I'd do the same.

- - - - - - -

I have a question for you. Why these particular questions and how would YOU answer them??? : )

Reactions: fresh

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes, mostly for other people and not me though haha. I love pushing my friends to [abba voice] TAKE A CHANCE on their crushes. I'm also a sucker for video games with romance elements in them, e.g. bioware, bethesda, etc.

I had a fairly uneventful childhood in terms of what might be considered traumatic. I had a generally healthy and happy family. Had some physical health problems, some surgeries, but nothing that has stayed piggybacked on me emotionally. Except, I did really well in elementary and high school without really trying. So hitting uni and struggling more academically has left me with some anxiety and imposter syndrome and such.

I'm a grad student studying animation (the academic side, I don't know how to animate). I love what I'm learning and what I'm writing about and I want to continue doing this. Perhaps working at an animation film festival or going on for more academia (rip me if so)

It's not that I'm not into philosophy, but I'm terrible expressing my own philosophies and I don't feel the need to so I don't bother trying lol

I was a huge bookworm as a kid. I still enjoy it but I wish I had more time to read these days.

Taeko from Only Yesterday. She's nostalgic and independent and introspective and subtly a risk taker and probably ace-spectrum, just saying

I know a couple of suspected ENFJs, who were coworkers of mine, and I do generally get along with them. I don't have any close friends who are ENFJ, so I can't comment much further than that.

My best friend is an INFJ. We have similar interests and energy levels and not necessarily the same type of humour, but we get and appreciate each others' humour and that's the most important part tbh.

Honestly, if I had to change my type, I'd choose ENFP. I swear I'm not just trying to butter you up haha. It'd be great to keep my NFP-ness but be able to more naturally get what's in my mind out into the world! That sounds amazing. I get along with ENFPs really well.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Yes I'm a hopeless romantic. I'm idealistic and dreamy. I'm stereotypically romantic... but I admit it, at least!! I obsess over Paris and the perfect love.:happy: If you don't believe me, ask my knight in shining armor....as we ride off into the sunset:p

Moving was one of them. I got made fun of quite a bit for being a sensitive and people didn't really accept me since I was kinda weird and too much in my own head so I didn't have many friends. I didn't really struggle with anything bad but I always took things too seriously and felt overly hurt by things.

i just want to be happy:)

I do like philosophy because it gives me new perspectives and explanations for things. I like seeing the differences more than anything. The meaning of life is what we make of it and as for free will, Im raised in an environment that believes in free will but I secretly prefer the idea of fate.

Yes. Mostly as an escape. Lately though, it has been hard to stay interested in a book for very long.

Wow there are so many! I'll stick to Gatsby though. People think his idealism and obession with the past is creepy and stupid but I empathize with him. I'm similar myself in many ways and I feel bad for him.

I don't think I know any male enfjs. I do know a female and I find her decisiveness and straightforwardness to be very admirable. I can see why some infps are drawn to enfjs because they complement our weaknesses.

I don't have a best friend... :laughing:

What's not to love? :)
The enfps I personally know are bubbly and cute. They have a bit too much energy for me, though. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think I've changed a little insofar as I used to consider myself a huge romantic, up to maybe a couple of years ago. I used to fantasize about finding love and I used to always romanticize my emotions and wanted to feel them really intensely and wanted another person to be a part of that, if that makes sense. Nowadays, I'm still pretty emotionally tuned but I don't find myself fantasizing as much about that butterflies-in-stomach feeling associated with ~love~ or romance. In a way I wish I could go back to those feelings because they felt pretty great.

I don't have a lot of actual romantic experience, but I would imagine in a romantic relationship I would be a healthy amount of romantic in terms of practical gestures like giving gifts or coming up with the idea of a wonderful trip together somewhere, just the two of us. But I wouldn't be hugely so, I think.

I definitely believe in the power of beauty and wanting powerfully "romantic" experiences.

I had issues with my emotions. I was so temperamental and impulsive with my emotions that people noticed it and tried to take advantage of it for fun. I got along with people, but they also wanted to see me lose my temper. It caused a few difficulties at school. Then when I moved country I became very closed off and found it difficult to relax and make friends.

A very ENFP question ;) Music is a passion of mine. Nowadays I just listen to it, but I used to try to produce it and I used to dream of being a musician. I used to imagine myself on stage playing my music and creating all these pieces of work that I could hear in my head, but it didn't work out and I think I realised that it's maybe not for me. What gets me out of bed... I guess the hope and belief that it's going to be a good day, maybe better than yesterday was.

I'm getting more and more passionate about expressing myself through photography. Expressing myself in general.

I like to think I am. I enjoy abstract / theoretical / intuitive discussion. And I am a believer in that everyone's life has their own meaning.

I used to read more. I read quite a bit today because I had time, but I have to admit, I don't read books as much as I would like to. I do enjoy it when I'm reading a good book though. I do read up on articles on the internet a lot, specifically about personality types, and I enjoy that very much too.

I was just thinking about this a few weeks ago - I keep identifying in some way(s) to Lisa Simpson. I feel like she embodies certain qualities that I have within me that I haven't developed as much as she has, at age 8. I feel like I 'get' her on certain levels :)

My ~intuition~ is telling me that someone I've been speaking to a lot is an ENFJ, and we get along. I don't know how many other ENFJs I might have in my life, but generally when I read up on the ENFJ descriptions, I think they're very positive, charismatic people who try to make the world that little bit better. That's commendable. Some of the descriptions aren't completely my cup of tea though.

One is most likely an INFP as well (he has tested as both INFP and INTP, but I think he uses introverted feeling as his dominant function), and one is most likely an ISFJ.

They're really cool! I always wish I had more people in my real life that I was close to so that I could type them and talk to them about typology etc, but from what I have read / experienced so far, they're really awesome people. I can think of one person in my life who screams ENFP to me. I love her positive outlook, her open-mindedness, her general vibe. I think I'm very compatible with ENFPs.

Reactions: fresh

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Usually I'd write a novel for each answer but I feel frankish lately for some reason...

Mmhm! I fantasize about things often.

Social anxiety, shyness, self-esteem. I still struggle with the first two, but primarily the second. I have managed to tone down my social anxiety a lot by putting a focus on fighting against my ego.

A lot...my values. A desire to improve myself, and the world around me. To be like Jesus. He is my ultimate inspiration. I want to give. I want to help people. I want to place emphasis on love. Sounds cheesy but it's true. Hmmmm...I just want to do the right thing.

Very much so. I think there is plenty of meaning to life that we cannot possibly comprehend...I believe in a power higher than ourselves, which built a strong basis for my moral compass; which is very important to me. I've gone back and forth with different worldviews. I think it is significant to consider all. Free will is always an interesting topic. Both sides have decent answers. I don't feel confident enough in my knowledge of either to give a good answer. I'm not sure yet.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited a used book store makes me feel. It's indescribable.

Hiccup from HTTYD.

My mom is one, we have a very special relationship. But dealing with unhealthiness in any type, especially in relation to those you love, is definitely a great struggle. Good thing is that we can learn from this, which puts greater dimension in our friendship.

Enfp...lmao.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. This question. Don't even get me started. I love you guys.

Btw you sound like an interesting person. I love your answers. Thanks for asking, it's healthy to find and refine ourselves like this <3

·
Registered
827 Posts
I actually haven't answered my own questions on any of the other boards but @fresh and @brightflashes asked if i would. I tend to enjoy listening and learning about people over talking about myself these days but i figured why not?

1: For sure. lmao. I love people, intimacy, passion, and idealism. I'm a gigantic fucking sap and I've recently had a lot of revelations in regards to love that has really changed my perception of it along with myself. I fall in love with everyone that has a sliver of something beautiful in them worth loving, and i find that most people have this. It gets to be a bit of a pain at times being that I've found myself romanticizing my friends and teachers putting them on this pedestal and fawning over the sliver of beauty that I've found in them. I typically don't act on this love for people and force it to backseat the logical part of me that understands what will and will not work, so i don't make a fool of myself. Even as I type and read over this i am dissatisfied with my explanation because it truly is hard to get across. I know how it sounds, it's crazy and ridiculous and kind of hard to take seriously but I promise I act on more than my feelings lol. I suppose that could sorta be Fi-Te but not really. I hope that one day I'll come across the right person who sees a sliver of beauty in me to put on a pedestal too. i could talk about love for days.

2: I've had to deal with a handful of issues growing up. ADHD, depression, procrastination, issues with motivation. Lots of issues i have to deal with through today. I think one of the primary issues I've struggled with is the disconnect between the meanings that I put into my life and the indifference of the rest of the world to those investments. Abandonment has been a big one, and general disappointments in the lack of evidence behind beliefs I've held dear. It's difficult for me to let go of what I've once held dear to my heart, even if I suppose it should be the best for me to move on.

3: My ultimate passion is people. I love people, i love hearing about people, learning about people, helping people. I love the stories that people have and find it beautiful and amazing how many different worlds people can come from. Thats a big reason why I did this, don't think for a second that I don't care about your responses think again. For the admittedly short time that I read your answers you are the center of my universe, you're telling me a bit about your story. Another passion of mine is art of all sorts. visual, music, storytelling. I love stories a lot. I'm an aspiring writer, and my dream is to create realistic characters for people to identify with and get something out of. Even if it's something stupid, i want to positively impact a life with something i made.

4: I love philosophy and have studied it in depth even right out of high school. I'm fond of Sartre, Socrates, Camus, and some of Kierkegaard. I have a dual answer to the meaning of life based on the culmination of what I've learned. I am an existentialist; i believe we determine our own meaning for ourselves. But i think that that ties into a greater meaning if life that I've recently stumbled upon. Life is the only stuff that is able to take in and perceive the universe and make something for itself in it. I think life is the universe's way of exploring and perceiving itself, and I'm not necessarily sure if a god is tied into that but if he/she is then I think that's why we're here. To live in the glory of all that there is and could be. As far as free will goes, I'm not really sure anymore. I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of fate, and hate the possibility that my decisions might not be my own. determinism is scary but hard to refute. ultimately I might would fall back on quantum mechanics to justify the chaotic-ness of the universe and deny fate/empower us with free will.

5: I do not read exactly, but I love stories. Video games, books, movies, even oral stories all have something of merit that I love to listen to and take in.

6: I identify with Aang from the Last Airbender series a lot i suppose. Steven from Steven universe is a good one too. I've never seen him typed the same as me but I see lots of myself in Peter Parker/Spiderman, and Deadpool to an extent lol. At my most moody, I've related to Anakin Skywalker, but the worst most insane villain I've ever seen myself in is Mr. Jefferson from life is strange.

7: I Have an ENFJ sister who i love more than life itself. but this question is less applicable to me. they pair us ENFPs up with INFJs, most of whom i love with all my heart. they introvert the way we extrovert and vice versa so it's like we speak the perfect information at one another and god i love it so much. My dream girl is an INFJ.

8: My best friend is an ENTJ and he's a cunt... A good cunt. kinda. He's a good loyal friend but he hates all my responses to these questions so he gets to keep cunt status.

9: I think I gave my opinion of INFPs in the beginning but I'll say it again. I love you guys. Something i think I love most about you is that dom Fi pushing you to no matter what be your truest most individual self and make it the best you you could be. I love that so much and I think that's something we can all learn from genuinely. You're typically so thoughtful and caring and sweet and god i love you fuckers. You're the only type that has cared to ask for my answers to my questions and that touches my heart <3

So so glad you answered your own questions because your answers are so interesting! I adore your answer to 1 because every ENFP I've known is like this and it's something I admire about them. Even though the ones I'm close to tend to get their heart broken over relationships and even friendships that show promise but then fizzle, I think most of them take the experience of falling "in love" with all types of people for what it is...being thankful that they had the opportunity before moving on the next intriguing individual haha. Thankfully I'm one of their "people" so I'm not left in the dust :p

This bolded part of 4 is really interesting...if one were to analyze it, it's very in line with Fi. Fate and destiny are ideas that bring me comfort, so I'm wondering if you could explain why you think fate makes you feel uncomfortable? I believe the French surrealist writer Andre Breton was an ENFP, and he was in love with the idea of fate, in how it related to romance itself and art and even the objects he collected. I'm curious to see how the same functions could lead to the opposite conclusion (besides just individual preference).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm wondering if you could explain why you think fate makes you feel uncomfortable?
@fresh
I'm genuinely not sure. I think it's a part of some close held beliefs that we make things on our own. i feel like it takes away some power from humanity, which I'm convinced is just the most beautiful thing ever. we can literally move mountains, destroy planets and feasibly colonize a galaxy to change it forever if we put our all into it. human freedom ingenuity and willpower is just absolutely gorgeous and I think fate takes away from all the possibilities that there could be.
thinking about it, fate conflicts with my Ne in shorter terms. I want to believe there's alternate route we didn't go. It makes us have more of an impact on the universe that way.

·
Registered
827 Posts
@fresh
I'm genuinely not sure. I think it's a part of some close held beliefs that we make things on our own. i feel like it takes away some power from humanity, which I'm convinced is just the most beautiful thing ever. we can literally move mountains, destroy planets and feasibly colonize a galaxy to change it forever if we put our all into it. human freedom ingenuity and willpower is just absolutely gorgeous and I think fate takes away from all the possibilities that there could be.
thinking about it, fate conflicts with my Ne in shorter terms. I want to believe there's alternate route we didn't go. It makes us have more of an impact on the universe that way.
Aaaahh okay, this makes sense. What an interesting perspective! For me, I get absorbed in the idealism of destiny and fate because it's almost like that possibility was set out for you to fulfill. I don't see it as working against personal freedom, but working with it, like a covert partnership. Almost as if your innovative, individualistic idea or notion was valid because it opened you up to a new possibility, and that led to another possibility, and another, and so on and so forth. As someone who can see so many possibilities and can never decide what direction to go, it's a relief to think that that decision was "made for a reason", quelling the worry that I made a mistake and that this one direction I intended to go was the right one.

I actually don't think your view conflicts with Ne, it seems like Fi is purely supplementing the notion that possibilities should be endless. It's cool to see that your thinking is so broad instead of so personal, and oddly enough, it confirms MBTI in a way: you coming from Ne->Fi, and with me Fi->Ne.

I'm like totally nerding out right now :shocked: :tongue:

Thank you for answering! and for those sweet questions :)

·
Registered
3,734 Posts

Yes.
Not in the typical manner shown in the movies, and not the romanticism I saw between my parents growing up. I was raised with a romantic thoughtful ISFJ father who would often bring my mom flowers for no reason, take her on trips (while leaving the kids with grandma haha), take her to restaurants and buy her jewelry and other objects. While I love traveling with a SO, I would hate to have a partner with the type of romanticism of my parents because I am so no like that.
My romanticism is lying in bed in silence or with music doing nothing, no talking, just being there. It's holding hands everywhere, texting randomly cutesy emojis during the day, hiking together, watching tv shows in bed holding hands, being thoughtful, watching the stars in the garden, and just kissing and playing all the time. I don't like receiving gifts very much, and I much prefer quality time, talking and physical affection.

Being hated by my parents, due to my extreme shyness, and also due to my extreme imagination, they absolutely hate my personality.
Being extremely shy and anxious was definitely the worst thing in general. At home and at school.
Also dealing with the cruelty of school, and later on high school. My experience with people scarred me really deep and I wasn't able to socialize properly until my late 20s.

Self expression, connection to the world, connection to myself, sensual experiences.

Sure.
I think life has no meaning, each individual chooses its meaning.
Yes, we have free will. The problem is we're too scared to exercise it fully.

I try to, but very few books captivate me. It's frustrating. It's like the older I get, the less impressed I am by books. I resort to the internet for my need to discover new things and get excited.

Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables.

I know 1 online and I absolutely love her, but I keep my distance because she's overwhelming. A ball of energy, and I can't cope. I try to imagine what it'd be like to know her in person, and I don't know if I'd be able to keep up with her, I think I'd have a nervous breakdown with all that energy she pours onto people. But I don't know.
I've identified a couple ENFJs from my in-person past, but I've blocked them from my mind in the last few years. We never had a good relationship tbh. It was passable, we tolerated each other.

I don't have a best friend. But my closest friend at this point in time is an INFP. My social life is a revolving door and people come and go every few months. My closest friend could change soon, who knows.

In theory: Loooove. They're hilarious and warm and eccentric.

In practice (the ones I've met irl): Love them but keep them at a distance. I don't trust them because they've fucked me up repeatedly over the years. You never know when they're going to see the next new flashy thing and they're going to pursue it on a whim, disregarding their environment and all the people they're hurting in the process. Their whims make them very selfish people.

Reactions: SOM

·
Registered
902 Posts
I do. Probably not in the sense I used to, but romantic nature is still there. I tend to enjoy the slower aspects of life and don't take a lot of things very seriously. I don't have too many rules for myself and enjoy the things life throws. I love to love and be loved.

Feeling alone. I felt I did not belong in this world--that I was broken.

I am a very relationship oriented person. People I love tend to motivate me to move around.

Sure. There is no meaning. You make it meaningful. Yes, it's all about free will. There is a set of structure that follows the meaning you created, but all of it is your doing.

Yes. Tons.

The Little Prince

I tend to attract more ENFPs. I would like to meet more ENFJs. I don't know too many. If it is really like Ethan Hawke's character in Before Sunrise, I would be down.

ENTP and INFJ

Love them. They confuse me though sometimes because of their lack of awareness of the surroundings. I am pretty distracted myself, but ENFPs' squirrelly nature just adds another level. I've met some turbulent ones and had great trouble with them, but more assertive ones are very charismatic and warm. I mean, any turbulent or less mature ones are more difficult to connect with, not just ENFPs.

·
Registered
xNTx, possible INTP
1,559 Posts
Yes! I'm a hopeless romantic. I have literally walked miles to see the person I crushed on.
Mental illnesses like ADD, OCD, Chronic depression, a life-affecting phobia and side effects and getting overdosed on medications. Going from mental hospital to mental hospital. Feeling abandoned by my parents. Never fitting in, people trying to change me, struggle opening up, bullying. Super messy house and worries that DHR would come take me and my siblings away. Little financial support from my parents.
I want to be a psychologist and a writer of fantasy and romance. I want to move to Wales and learn how to play the lyre. I want to become more confident and work as a spiritual healer. Realistically and achievably I want to learn how to play D&D to the point where I can be a DM.
Yes, but I usually prefer to play with my own philosophies because when I was in philosophy class my teacher looked down on me for not knowing names and dates. Plus I felt like she was too serious and stuffy about it. I think Nieztche has beautiful views even though not all are compatible with my world view. I think solipsism is scary and I have experienced that before and never felt so delusional and alone. I like the experience of looking at the world and the universe through different lenses. I think we are here to experience and create. I think we are all part of a Universal God that experiences the physical world through our eyes. I think God is made up of archetypes and that what we imagine becomes real in the spiritual world. I believe we have free will but are guided by Source. I think our choices in life make us who we are and affect the kind of world we live in and that each individual person has the ability to make waves.
Yes. I am well known as a reader. People are impressed by how I can read and walk down a flight of stairs at the same time. Its the thing my parents are most proud of me for.
Atoli from .hack//GU
I don't know any but I have an ESFJ grandmother who dotes on me and I sometimes imagine having a boyfriend or friend like that would be nice if we could have more meaningful conversations.
I have two best friends. An INFP and a friend that I don't know the type of yet.
Inspiring. I look up to them because of the way they effortlessly get along with other people and make the world more intuitive friendly. They are funny and protective and adventurous and have great tastes in things.
I don't like how they can be clingy but I can be clingy too. I don't like how they take me away from my personal time.

·
Registered
759 Posts

Not as much as I used to be. I read far too many novels opposed to interacting with the real world, that I lost my senses. Nowadays I still am romantic, but don't hold onto my ideals as much to avoid constant disappointment. I suppose I more envision a romance with someone, now, rather than actually engaging one.

My biggest was making friends of the same gender as myself. I found that quite difficult after a while, particularly from teens onward.

I'm passionate about tea and cheeses and crackers. Mainly food, really, although I'm not much of a sweet tooth.

Although I would much rather die in my sleep than get out of bed, cereal is what gets me up. I like cereal.

I've had an appeal to philosophy from a very, very young age, long before I had even heard the word philosophy. Later in life it was more, "Oh, so that's what it's called," labouring under the delusion I had penned this manner of thinking. I'm intrigued by existentialism and absurdism; but anything mentally stimulating will catch my eyes and ears, even if it does contradict my views.

I don't believe there is a meaning to life. It's whatever you make it out to be, really, and if you find no meaning, then it has no meaning to you. All which motivates me do what I do is thinking that, if reincarnation is indeed a possibility, I would like to reincarnate into a better world than today.

Every day.

No one in particular. Sometimes Elizabeth Bennet, or maybe it's her energy/courage that I aspire to have. Other than that, no one I've read of has really been 'me'.

I don't know any; not that I'm aware of, anyway. I used to think I was ENFJ with the FNST function dynamic, but realised the attitudes were flared in the opposite direction - that I had them all backwards. That would make sense, I suppose, unless I really am just a quiet, introverted ENFJ.

To be blatant, I don't have one. Throughout school it was an ENFP and ESFP, but ... that was a long, long time ago.

Anybody who's expressively quirky, I'm drawn to; and of the ENFPs whom I have met, they were very quirky indeed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts