Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few question for the INFJ man. Feel free to comment. Of course if and if any ladies answer its cool too.

1. Growing or now are you mostly friends with girls?

2. What are some of the things that people thought of you for being an INFJ male?

3. How do you act when someone says something so depressing? Example: My Dad just died.

4. What do you want most from life? Love? Kids? Career?

5. Do you feel nostalgic often?

6. What do you do to release the stress of life?

7. Would you consider yourself Neuortic (crazy)?

More questions to come....But first these :happy:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
1. Growing or now are you mostly friends with girls? Girls.

2. What are some of the things that people thought of you for being an INFJ male? Too many contradictions for me to list.

3. How do you act when someone says something so depressing? Example: My Dad just died. I'm sorry. Then perhaps offer to go out like ice cream or something, lol.

4. What do you want most from life? Love? Kids? Career? I want to be happy and live in my ideal house in my ideal location. True love.. so it can't be forced. It must be the person I feel understands me. Kids - sure. Career - something that I will find rewards in...personal rewards, not financial.

5. Do you feel nostalgic often? Not often, but sometimes.

6. What do you do to release the stress of life? Play piano or listen to good classical music.

7. Would you consider yourself Neuortic (crazy)? Lol. DUH. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
No, I'm friends mostly with men. I get along with either sex fairly well nowadays, though.

2. What are some of the things that people thought of you for being an INFJ male?
MBTI types aren't really a huge topic of conversation among my circle of friends. I would think that my friends would say that I'm quiet, passionate, and stubborn at times.

3. How do you act when someone says something so depressing? Example: My Dad just died.
It depends on how close I am to that person. If it's someone I don't know, I offer my condolences. If it's an acquaintance, I offer condolences and perhaps a physical gesture of empathy, a touch of the shoulder, a hug, etc. If it's a friend, I give them my utmost sympathy and offer my assistance and help in any matter they need.

I want it all.

All the time. But then again, I'll quote Dr. Seuss, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

Sleep, play video games, listen to music, or go raving.

Nope.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Growing up no, now I have a couple friends who are girls but more like acquaintances really.

Quiet, awkward, weird, passive-agressive, thoughtful

I definitely feel for the person immediately even if I don't like them. How much I do depends on how well I know and like them.

A life where I don't compromise on my beliefs for something less would be good.

Not often

Exercise, think, listen to music, read, notice I didn't say talk to people heh.

Rarely. Though I do consider myself quite pessimistic these days. Sometimes depressive.

I look forward to the next set of questions!
=P

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Now I'm friends 60/40 (Girls/Boys).

I seem cold on the outside, and passionate on the inside. It's intimidating to a lot of people. The guys see me as being too poetic, romantic, and girly, and the girls generally see me as being too intimidating. It's a funny mix.

"Wow... I'm sorry. How are you feeling?"

You put it in perfect order.

1. Love
2. Kids
3. Career :tongue:

So often I can be nostalgic of being nostalgic.

Contemplate the meaning of life, Game , write... write... and rewrite, punching bag.

The opposite, I'm very solid and down to earth.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Not exactly...my closest friends are girls, but most of my friends are male..I value the girls more than boys though...

I don't really know...people say I'm witty in a weird way ...Like I make people laugh by making them think of what the hell to say to reply to something I said....

I think a lot before doing things...I'm kinder than the average...Peer pressure has never affected me...I think some of them have to do with INFJ right... :)

I get depressed myself..and try to help them unless they want to be alone.

Ah well...love...enjoying life...

80% of the day...

Basketball...bass guitar...PS3 games...

But if I'm really stressed then just spend some hours alone in my room looking up doing nothing..

Crazy people don't admit they are crazy...but my friends say I am :) .

Reactions: Eliz

·
Registered
946 Posts
I do get along with women better, generally speaking. Always flirting with me, though... maybe that has something to do with it.

Not really a mind reader, per se (though a few think I am). I got told by three people on the same day this week that I have the ability to make people feel special. Once I was called a "character" because I was so "good-natured and self confident", which was nice to hear - though a bit strange. Otherwise I think people find me a bit mental and moody.

Act is a good term for it I guess. I used to feel a lot more for people's woes than I do now. If it was someone close to me, or someone of a very good nature, I truly would be sympathetic. In these cases I don't really say "I'm sorry", but ask them about the loved one.

Love I guess.

Nope.

Crank the metal and drive, rollercoasters, etc... lots of adrenaline. When that fails it's back to nature I go.

7. Would you consider yourself Neurotic (crazy)?
On occasion I have been, yes. Not at the moment.

·
Registered
759 Posts
1. Growing or now are you mostly friends with girls? - Normally I've had female friends but lately it's been males.

2. What are some of the things that people thought of you for being an INFJ male? - From first impressions they see me as cold and distant but find out how passionate and aware of everything going on.

3. How do you act when someone says something so depressing? Example: My Dad just died. - I apologize and try to show them that I can relate (doesn't usually work) and ask if there's anything I can do for them.

4. What do you want most from life? Love? Kids? Career? - Peace.

5. Do you feel nostalgic often? - I used to a lot but not so much anymore but there are times when certain smells pass by and remember that feeling.

6. What do you do to release the stress of life? - Long walks, watch something, listen to music, talk to my dog etc.

7. Would you consider yourself Neuortic (crazy)? - Very.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
No, I have been extremley shy around girls most of my life.

Most people I know don't know what an INFJ is.

I would normally tell the person that my mother died.

And I would also say something like, " I don't know exactly what you are going through, because people deal with grief in different ways, but I know how it is to lose a parent."

All of that sounds good.

A little too often, I think.

I would do things that I enjoy doing.

I used to...not anymore.

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
2 REALLY close guy friend, then mostly girls. but i'm pretty friendly with everyone, but then again, i only consider those two people my friends (I have high standards :tongue: )

Most people dont know... how am i supposed to bring that up with the general populous? where a tshirt? lol

I get all depressive too, well kinda, depends on the situation, generally, i'll get depressive and give lots of hugs

To be happy and wise (so far)

YES

Read, sit by the fire, go out alone late at night or with a friend and talk

it changes

More questions to come....But first these

·
Registered
130 Posts
not mostly

i don't know, no one I know in real life reads personality psychology that I know of

"I'm so sorry" *Walks away*

I want to travel for a fear years, hopefully with a job at universities in some cities around the world I want to visit. Come back to the same shit place I grew up, find someone who likes drugs as much as I do, have a kid, hopefully a daughter, name her Aubrie, The End.

No.

Procrastinate and call it 'me time', usually causes more stress

I wonder if I am every day, who knows

·
Registered
23 Posts

In my life I have had three "best friends" first one from age 5- 16 (guy) second one from age 12-19 (girl) and third one 18-now (guy) I also hang out alot with my sister and brother.

too sensitive, possibly gay...

Give time, listen, thats all you can do.

Love and hopefully lots of memories to have when Im 96 years old sitting att the nursing home.

I used to be all the time, now I try and look to the future.

Geographic escape, I go visit friends and family (alonetime in car is the best) feels like Im starting over when i get back home. Also I like to do anything creative (alone).

No, but when Im whit some people thats what I feel like...untill I leave, then Im back to normal.

More questions to come....But first these

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1. Growing up or now are you mostly friends with girls?

I must say I always was friends with both sexes, but unless there is no ego with the guys I'm typically friends with girls.

I meant more of your personality not really being a part of myer briggs test, but the characteristics of INFJ that people see.

Like some people thought the fact that I was into romantic movies or like ballads and sad songs that I could be gay. Because of the way I spoke. The fact that I was nice to girls and never a meat head. People think I'm mean because of my face. Also people think I'm cold.
People think I'm odd all together.

I'll probably be shocked look and say that sucks trying to hide back a laugh. Im not laughing cause its funny. Inside ill probably feel so sad for them, but I have a nervous laugh thing going on.

These were more like examples and other examples will do too.

I would love to have all the above.
Love, 2 or 4 kids and the perfect career, living in somewhere like Boston or New England. Have money, feeling content with life and a white picket fence.

This is everyday thing everything music, smells, my own mind. Faces Places. Its really depressing.

I write, Listen to music, sing and Doodle like a mofo.

You can give examples of your craziness.

Yeah. I think so Im one big mess.
But I live with it.

Examples:

I kinda have issues with Germs.

People say I make no sense.

I'm a big ball of Contradictions.

I hate when song repeats or repeating myself.

I hate odd numbers, but Im fine with 7.

etc....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
up to age nine all but one friend were girls. Nine up to age fourteen mostly guys and only two girls.

age fourteen to nineteen i had only one friend it was a guy since i pushed everyone away since i just thought people would laugh or hate me or anything i did but the girls at least tried harder...... one phoned me alot and the number she got was easily attainable as in she would never find it without asking someone that had it...and only the school and my brother had it and i know he didn't give it to her. She phoned me time to time for homework problems in classes we didn't share the same teacher in or to double check what both of us answered in classes we had the same teacher. she honestly was the only one at school that got to know me a bit. i wish i didn't have so many issues then she seemed to be a good person....i never saw her talk to anyone in class very much either we both probably could have used a friend most likely since my only is hard to relate to(i have the hardest time getting along with people that have a strong Fi) and she never seemed to have a friend to talk to in class, seemed to choose to be in group projects alot with me and had to find my phone number that isn't easy to be able to phone me about homework problems.

(sorry i went off topic i was just remembering how blind i was a the time,,,)

ninteen to twenty tree very few male friend and no female friends

twenty two to twenty three very few guys who are more acquaintances (i just play DnD with them really) and no female friend.

twenty-three to now: same male friends from before but i started talking to people on tjhe internet and made use of my Ni and Fe much more and started helping people. it was just supposed to be a one off thing since i thought someone i met early was going to commit suicide and they were and she said she only didn't commit suicde and decided to talk to me because i sent her so many messages for an a long time. thing is i had no way to actually help her since i didn't know what to say. well i managed in the end and got a good friend. then it has been mostly boyfriend problems frin girls. i have a friend who cannot leave her house except until she makes a friend off the net. another lives with her aunt and het cousin is giving her so many problems that she has fallen into depression and she can't open up easily. i seem to deal with alot of teenage girl drama but not always lucky... why i don't know but my advice seems to provide positive results from what they say

no one talks mbti with me really.only one does(ISFJ male) honest and willing to help complete strangers.

i have received almost every trait one can that i have many contraindications from all of them when not regarding me as INFJ.

off the net not it does not come up really. on the net it seems to depend on the severity of what happened. my dad died would be me using all me free tome for a day or two to help them through.

family and stability

sometimes but not lately at all

Write, draw, walk alone, nature, pet and hug my dog, talk to my friends, exercise(this i just found and is super effective), shop(i tend to hold back on this though since i can't afford it) gaze at the stars and one of the most effective is water(taking a shower or watching a river or the waves at the beach)

no except a very few times i seem to be way too bubble and random when under alot of stress.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
For a few years, I got really shy around girls, but for the most part I make friends much easier with them than I do with other guys.

You mean for being an emotionally sensitive guy? People have made fun of me for it and it used to bother me, but now I just don't care.

With someone I am close to, I feel sad for them, and (if I am able to) empathize with them about it. With people I don't know well, or at all, I tend to be a bit more detached, but still feel sympathetic/empathetic for/with them.

Of those three? Love. Most of all, though, I want happiness, however that comes to me.

I used to feel nostalgic a lot more, but these days I live in the present and future for the most part. However, there are random things that will come up that will just hit me with a wave of nostalgia.

Judo and listen to music.

7. Would you consider yourself neurotic (crazy)?
I will jokingly state that I am insane, but I do not actually believe this to be true.

303 Posts
I have a few question for the INFJ man. Feel free to comment. Of course if and if any ladies answer its cool too.

1. Not really; then again, i don't have that many friends.

2. Not sure how to answer this one.

3. Outwardly I probably don't show that much. I would probably attempt to say a heartfelt "I'm sorry," but usually I am at a loss of how to console someone or make them feel better. And i don't think I express it that much externally. Can be quite frustrating.

4, Purpose. Direction. To follow God's will and help others. I'd also like to come up with something original (if that's possible) but that's not extremely...pressing...

5. No not really. Not much at all, actually.

6, Exercise (run, pushups, etc.), listen to music.

7. Sometimes I wonder. (On the Big Five I score somewhat high on neuroticism, if that helps.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The ratio was approximately equal, during senior years of highschool I drifted a lot from most of my friends. However my closest friend was a female. Majority of people I hang with now are guys, though it might shift again next year at uni.

I don't really know anyone thats into MBTI bt there was a phase where people were going through and typing themselves bt I didn't really participate.

It really does depend on who says it and where I am. Most times I'll jst shrug it off but if I can tell the person is reaching out or needs help I'll go for my comforter / listener stance.

At this point in my life I really have no idea. I can't imagine settling down and having kids or even finding a compatible girl. I guess one thing I dream about is helping as many people I can in as many ways as I can.

Yeh a lot of the time I get stuck in the past. Some things were better back then...

This varies depending on what the major source of stress is (work, relationships, etc) but usually ranges from mindless activites to full information binges or from hanging with friends in a familiar setting to going on a unique adventure (a new experience).

A bit, I know not everything is right in my head but like most INFJs admit to be I'd say more eccentric. Some things I jst have my own ways of doing and I like them that way because for me it's just more efficient. For example I run my year off my own devised 13 month calendar because it's jst more appealing to me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
A mix of both. I don't have many close friends though.

I didn't take the test until about a year ago, not sure how what they thought of me related to INFJ. But I've consistently surprised people that knew me by being myself. Which used to depress me because it made me realize I come across completely different to people than I actually am.

3. How do you act when someone says something so depressing?
My personal feelings usually shut down, I become stoic, and I feel whatever they are feeling. Except like I am them feeling it, not me feeling it. Hard to describe although if anyone would get it, it would be y'all. It's like I cease to matter and I turn into an extra vessel for their emotion, except I am rationally caring instead of personally feeling. Not sure what that means, but something like that.

A wife and kids for sure. Career is second fiddle to me, although I do have this seemingly unquenchable desire to do something big in life, which usually goes away after I get out of the house to get lunch. Honestly though, I sometimes struggle with wanting to have a job that will somehow advance the state of humanity.

Once in a while. I don't have super fond memories from most of my youth. Usually when I do find a nice one it is overwhelming.

Breathe.

Nah. Definitely was in my teens though.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Boys! But they were all jerks. I still hang out with more boys than girls, but they're not jerks... Thankfully.

My friends either don't know about the MBTI or scoff at it's analyses.

I usually stand back and say "Well, that sucks."

Happiness.

Quite often.

Listen to music, or take a nice piping hot shower. ;)

Oh yes. :D

·
Registered
737 Posts
I would say half-and-half.

They're surprised to find that there is, indeed, sensitivity.

If I'm angry, frustrated or irritated, I block it out. If I'm not, I tend to offer what I can at the given moment. Sometimes it'll affect me and I won't recognize it until hours or days later.

I want to be a physician. Otherwise I'm not too sure.

Yes and no.

On the worse days I drink and smoke to excess, pursue women I shouldn't, and become angry.
On the better days I talk it all out with my friends and counselor, exercise or become overall more active in my own life (I might cook more, or volunteer more, or whatever).

More likely obsessive, but, yes, slightly neurotic as well.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts