Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :) So... this is my first time asking for any sort of public opinion via the internet and I'm kind of nervous but...yeah I need to find this out!

Not sure if I'm an ENFP, INFP, INFJ (by now I'm sure you realize how effing confused I am), or ENFJ or ENTP

So ever since I first found out about MBTI, I thought I was an ENFP and scored ENFP on pretty much any MBTI test that I would take. The problem is, I think that I might be answering the questions with what I HOPE I was versus what I actually am. For example, I seriously value creativity so I might be answering these questions giving the impression that I'm more creative than I actually am or like, having a sense of self is super important to me but I don't really have a strong one (don't know if that makes sense)

Plus ever since I started diving deeper into the world of cognitive functions, I'm even more confused! I don't even know if I'm an Ne dom anymore! I mean, when I was younger I was super creative and stuff but I feel like I've lost that as I've grown older (lol I'm only 17, but still). I don't feel like I think outside the box much anymore. I feel like when I present my ideas to other people they dismiss them as being too fantastical or weird and don't take me seriously, which honestly irks me so much. So, I've taken to filtering my ideas, I think subconsciously, so that they are more "acceptable".

When it comes to Fi like I don't even know man. I want so badly to be authentic and stuff, but I always end up adapting to make sure the people around me feel comfortable and I hate it! Unfortunately, I can't seem to stop. This has actually led me to question whether or not I use Fe. My friends view me as this like weird, hyperactive kid whom they can't take seriously which upsets me because I so badly want to be taken seriously!! I actually have a lot of depth but people only view me as zany, which makes me feel really lonely because I feel like no one really knows who I am.

Anyway here are some facts about myself that will hopefully help you type me:

- I am actually pretty shy but I crave social interaction
- I have a lot of weird ideas that I keep to myself on account of them being too weird for the majority of people
- I don't know how to be myself, because I'm always changing depending on who I'm interacting with. And I'm scared that I'll never find myself
- I have a hard time hashing out criticism, especially to people I'm not close to, which is why I hate peer edits
- I feel like I don't really care about other people's feelings that much. Like, if someone is upset I'll ask them how they are and stuff but very rarely do I actually care. I mostly just ask them because of social convention. (Wow I sound like a pretty terrible person huh?) Except then I feel inauthentic and end up hating myself. I hate being a people pleaser.
-Although I don't care about the feelings of other people I care about the people themselves and feel the need to comfort them (Why do I feel like I'm contradicting myself?)
- I need to be alone A LOT. A home I spend more time in my room than with other people. But if I'm alone for too long I end up being really sad
- I always experience these weird bouts of loneliness and sadness where I listen to sad music and become upset feeling like no one understands me
- Sometimes I get these intense periods of motivation where I'm driven to learn to play a new instrument, make a short film, write a short story, learn a new language etc.
-I start like a kajillion things but have a hard time following through
-I spend a lot of time talking to myself (it really freaks out my mom lol). I basically have these like fictional characters that I made up, but interacting with them inside my head isn't enough sometimes so I need to talk out loud. I mostly do this without even realizing it. I think I've adopted this as an anti-loneliness technique because I feel like these characters understand me and stuff
- I love people and hate them simultaneously
- I want to be deep and stuff around my friends but they're not into that and I feel too vulnerable
- I am too trusting and not trusting enough
- I'm pretty idealistic, I feel like we could live in awesome world if everyone would just stop being self-centred pricks
- I HATE being told what to do. If something isn't coming from me then it aint gonna happen
- I'm pretty sensitive. Someone could say something small and I would just mull over it for days on end
- I'm very very very disorganized
- I luuurve poetry

Sorry that this was super long, I just really want to know who I am. Please, if you could help me I will love you forever:blushed:

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
I don't think you're an ENFP. You could be ENTP, but that's probably not likely considering how "feely" your post felt as a whole. I think the most likely possibility is ESFJ. Your post has loads of Fe: the fact that you don't really feel like you have a sense of self, that you change depending on who you're around, you hate criticizing others even if they need it, etc. You do also look like an Ne user, and ESFJs have Ne as their tertiary function.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Greatest thread title of all time. XD

Hello everyone :) So... this is my first time asking for any sort of public opinion via the internet and I'm kind of nervous but...yeah I need to find this out!
(by now I'm sure you realize how effing confused I am)
No worries, story of my life. I posted here yesterday because I identify with at least three types. I'll try to help!

Okay, I read through your post and looked at the types you identify with. This is the order in which I'd rank their likelihood:

ENFP > INFP > ENTP > ENFJ
INFJ is a hard one because they are walking paradoxes and probably don't exist (this coming from a suspected INFJ, though :p). You seem more like ENFP than INFJ to me. Not sure about INFP vs INFJ though.

I'd also suggest taking a look at these descriptions of "mbti loops": http://personalitycafe.com/articles/25205-dominant-tertiary-loops-common-personality-disorders.html
Don't be turned off by the fact that they are associated with personality disorders; they are really good at describing what people act like under stress :)

Reactions: PerpetuallyConfused

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure why that double post happened! Sorry o_O

Edit: Not sure what to say about ESFJ. Someone recently typed me as that, too. Is everyone an ESFJ now? XD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I read the post you put a link to and I identify with it so much with regard to seeking outside influences (for ENFP/ESTJ). I'm always looking for approval and acceptance instead of just being comfortable with who I am. Would this be due to underdeveloped Fi?

But, I don't think my Te is very developed, because I have problems with assertion and discipline so...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greatest thread title of all time. XD

No worries, story of my life. I posted here yesterday because I identify with at least three types. I'll try to help!

Okay, I read through your post and looked at the types you identify with. This is the order in which I'd rank their likelihood:

ENFP > INFP > ENTP > ENFJ
INFJ is a hard one because they are walking paradoxes and probably don't exist (this coming from a suspected INFJ, though :p). You seem more like ENFP than INFJ to me. Not sure about INFP vs INFJ though.

I'd also suggest taking a look at these descriptions of "mbti loops"
Don't be turned off by the fact that they are associated with personality disorders; they are really good at describing what people act like under stress :)

Wow, I read the post you put a link to and I identify with it so much with regard to seeking outside influences (for ENFP/ESTJ). I'm always looking for approval and acceptance instead of just being comfortable with who I am. Would this be due to underdeveloped Fi?

But, I don't think my Te is very developed, because I have problems with assertion and discipline so..

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
There should be a police to detect impostors and punish them for not being capable of detaching themselves from their own hero's fantasies. I'm fairly sure that the population of INTJs and INFJs on this site would decrease significantly.

·
Registered
182 Posts

But, I don't think my Te is very developed, because I have problems with assertion and discipline so..
Glad I could help! :)
Yes, that could be a sign of Fi. I don't think it gives Fe-users as much pause to seek approval and acceptance from others; on the contrary, I use Fe and it actually makes me feel more at ease. Of course, it's important for all people to feel comfortable with their identity. Fe vs Fi are just constructs that help explain how you prefer to make decisions and perceive yourself. And you have plenty of time to develop your Te!

@DonutsGalacticos I don't know about INTJ, but the question is, why do so many people want to be INFJs? I don't feel as though it's a particularly 'easy' type to be XD

Reactions: PerpetuallyConfused

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@BakerStreet, dunno, cuz they are statistically special

Anyway, your username is the place where i'm gonna be this summer when i arrive at london and leave stansted airport and i find it mezmerizing cuz it's always telling me: pay those goddamn bus tickets.

·
Registered
182 Posts
@DonutsGalacticos, good point! Maybe that's why they attract so many Fi types.

That's pretty awesome! :proud: I went there a couple of years ago, kept an eye out for Sherlock Holmes but we didn't cross paths.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts