Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! My name is Cat!
I have no idea what type of personality I am. Actually, that is a sort-of lie.
See, I know I am an Extravert. And that is all that I know.

Back up two years ago:
I learn about this and take the quiz (WHAT TYPE ARE YOU??). I am an ESFJ. All of it makes perfect sense. I continue to take this quiz about once every two months, just for fun. Nothing changes.

Back up to a few months ago:
I am at a new school, new environment. I am slightly less outgoing, less creepy/weird. I have friend issues (feelings of being left out/isolated, but I've heard that's the norm. But I know it is more than a feeling. I have EVIDENCE! but thats another story).

I take the quiz on a different website. I get that I am an ENFP. That all makes perfect sense. But it is weird. SOOO, I take a few other quizzes and get a wide range of things.
ESFJ/ENTP/ESFP/ENFJ
That's mostly it.
SOOOO, if anyone would like to help me figure out what I am, that would be FABULOUS!

A bit about myself:
I am a high-school aged girl. I love my cat, dancing (in which I am UBER competitive and dedicated to. I have been at this studio for my entire life [12 years] and want to be a lead, so I work my butt off to become good). I enjoy drawing (mostly only faces or dancers) and music. I like listening to a wide array of genres, such as: Calm guitar music/Old German Operas/Kpop/mainstream jumping music (a little bit)/Classic Rock

I'm a bit eclectic, to say the least.

I love people. I like having a large group of friends (basically being good friends with everyone. Literally, everyone) as well as my main group of friends.

On a more POSITIVE NOTE!!
My favorite class is science. I used to want to be a nurse, but now I am thinking more along the lines of therapy, trying to help people emotionally as opposed to physically. This is mainly because I get too attached to people and cry every time I see someone get cut or hurt or something like that.

can ANYONE up for a challenge help me? PLEASE???

Thanks hun! Love ya!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Why do you want to be friend with everyone in the group? Also, if you could fill in a short questionare, that would help. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you want to be friend with everyone in the group? Also, if you could fill in a short questionare, that would help. :)
WELLLLLLL...they are my closest friends (I think) and I've known them for so long that I think it would be hard to start over with a new group of people. But when I am with them, i am usually enjoying myself! They are fun when I am with them...

On a side note, sure! Send me questions and I will answer!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hello! My name is Cat!
I have no idea what type of personality I am. Actually, that is a sort-of lie.
See, I know I am an Extravert. And that is all that I know.

Back up two years ago:
I learn about this and take the quiz (WHAT TYPE ARE YOU??). I am an ESFJ. All of it makes perfect sense. I continue to take this quiz about once every two months, just for fun. Nothing changes.

Back up to a few months ago:
I am at a new school, new environment. I am slightly less outgoing, less creepy/weird. I have friend issues (feelings of being left out/isolated, but I've heard that's the norm. But I know it is more than a feeling. I have EVIDENCE! but thats another story).

I take the quiz on a different website. I get that I am an ENFP. That all makes perfect sense. But it is weird. SOOO, I take a few other quizzes and get a wide range of things.
ESFJ/ENTP/ESFP/ENFJ
That's mostly it.
SOOOO, if anyone would like to help me figure out what I am, that would be FABULOUS!

A bit about myself:
I am a high-school aged girl. I love my cat, dancing (in which I am UBER competitive and dedicated to. I have been at this studio for my entire life [12 years] and want to be a lead, so I work my butt off to become good). I enjoy drawing (mostly only faces or dancers) and music. I like listening to a wide array of genres, such as: Calm guitar music/Old German Operas/Kpop/mainstream jumping music (a little bit)/Classic Rock

I'm a bit eclectic, to say the least.
Hi, Cat!

1. Do you enjoy your alone time?

2. Is your bedroom generally kept neat and straight or is it kind of a mess?

3. What are favorite school subjects? What are least favorites?

What about taking the DNardi MBTI test --> Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes ? (Hint: Omit picking the middle choice as an answer to get a sharper result.) It's just 48 questions.

Besides personality type, the result includes a good cognitive functions profile.

If you copy and paste the functions profile here, it will help with determining your correct type.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Lets see...not really. Um, I am currently in denial about finals approaching and I am a bit tired.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I cannot really decide. Both are so comforting and sweet. However, I think I prefer the bread lady, because it seems warmer and a bit more intimate. I do still love the nature shot, but it seems isolated.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

Hello! My name is Cat! I am kind of shy before you get to know me, and once you do, you will wish I was shier (if that's how you spell it). I like getting to know people, I am a ballet-bot, and I really like my cat. He is super fluffy and loving and cute. I am pretty outgoing and I think I have a problem with thinking about what I am going to say before I say it. I can say some weird/random stuff. Please forgive me and don't hate me.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I want to be a person who is loving and supportive and acts like a best friend to you. I do not want to be super Type-A and all stressed about everything. I do not want people to feel distant from me, and I want them to be able to talk to me about anything.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I think people would say I am more sarcastic than I think I am. I know I have a lack of filter, and that causes me to say some sarcastic things. Some people who do not know me too well may think I am kind of mean, but I am not trying to be. I have two different sides, sarcastic and (hopefully not) irritating, or the kind, nurturing person that I can be.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

UMMMM I started it, but then it gave me 6555 questions, so I got bored.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

Lets talk about going to high school. At first, I had a few cry-fests. I was SO SAD about leaving my friends. Then I was nervous. Would I get in anywhere? whats gonna happen? Then I found out if I got in and I was super happy and excited. When i started at the school, I was at first nervous. Like, whats gonna happen? Is anyone gonna be fun? is it gonna be hard here? and now I love it.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

um...I have two scenarios. Either I cry about it for a long time, and then I feel incomplete, or I talk to someone. I have someone, an ISTJ, who is my confidante, and when I talk to her and explain everything, she gives the best advice and its so great.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

If something is going well, I am having so much fun. Anything bad never crosses my mind. I don't really know how I act because most situations are pretty enjoyable for me.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I LOVE one-on-one interaction. I love getting to know one person, getting to understand them. I also am pretty good at making conversation, so that works out. I also LOVE group interactions. I love just interacting with a bunch of people, getting different ideas in. However, once it turns into an angry debate, I get uncomfortable with all the negativity.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

People are generally good. There are the occasional people who just need some friendly advice, ( like: dude...don't threaten to throw someones computer out of a window!! thats weird) but they can usually come around if you try to give them a second chance.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

Authority. I don't understand the people who are like FIGHT AUTHORITY! YASSS! I mean, they are superior, you have to respect them! They are up there for a reason! If people are just authority for authorities sake, i get confused, but pretend I understand.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I don't understand chaos. When people are doing crazy or bad things for the heck of it, I do not understand why. Why create discord if it is unnecessary? Why not love people? WHY NOT BE BEST FRIENDS?

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I fear isolation. I am constantly afraid of people turning on me and no one for me to run to, and having no friends. This makes me always a kind of floater, where I make sure I have a friend in basically everyone.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I want friends, I want support and honesty, and I want to become a lead dancer in my company. First of all, I have had experiences with people being dishonest or flakey, so I want to be in a place where that is not a problem. On the other hand, I have been at the same ballet company for almost my whole life. I am a pretty good dancer, but I am quite tall, which can be hard if I am trying to partner with people. I have been working really hard to get it, and I really hope I do.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Sitting in one place doing nothing interesting (like homework) for hours is so draining.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I have no clue. I have so many results, and I need a solid answer in order to move onto finding out something else.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

no

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Sometimes, usually, as long as it is not too long. I like to have time for myself, but I would rather be with people.

My bedroom is kind of a mess. I have too much stuff to do (like procrastination) to think about constantly making it neat.

I love Science and Mental Development (a kind of discussion-based therapy class where we help each other with problems)
I really dislike History.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, Cat!

What about taking the DNardi MBTI test --> Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes ? (Hint: Omit picking the middle choice as an answer to get a sharper result.) It's just 48 questions.

Besides personality type, the result includes a good cognitive functions profile.

If you copy and paste the functions profile here, it will help with determining your correct type.

hmmm!! I took that quiz, and got an ESFJ! I haven't gotten that in a while!

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.2)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.7)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************** (16.8)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************************* (45.3)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.3)
good use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISFJ, or ENFJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Stabilizer; then Improviser; and lastly, Theorist.

This is interesting.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
hmmm!! I took that quiz, and got an ESFJ! I haven't gotten that in a while!

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.2)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.7)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************** (16.8)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************************* (45.3)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.3)
good use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISFJ, or ENFJ
Kind of neat getting back to your old ESFJ type. Doesn't mean you have to agree it's the best pick, though.

You can decide which personality type describes you the best. These are your best fitting introvert types in order of cognitive function scores ...

ESFJ - The Caregiver (Score 132)

Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious. Tend to put the needs of others over their own needs. Feel strong sense of responsibility and duty. Value traditions and security. Interested in serving others. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function. Click here for a detailed description.

ENFJ - The Giver (Score 121)

Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs. Click here for a detailed description.

ENFP - The Inspirer (Score 119)

Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities. Click here for a detailed description.

ESFP - The Performer (Score 108)

People-oriented and fun-loving, they make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Living for the moment, they love new experiences. They dislike theory and impersonal analysis. Interested in serving others. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations. Well-developed common sense and practical ability. Click here for a detailed description.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts