Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thoroughly read through these two types and I can not make up my mind which one sounds more like me...

Between 2's and 6's I would love for you all who know more about these types to compare and contrast them so I can have a clearer view of the two.

Thank you.

·
Registered
801 Posts
You could be both - there is a considerate amount of info here (explore personality cafe) exploring trifix theory, in short, stating that we have a head, heart, and gut type. Gut types are 8-9-1, heart types are 2-3-4, and head types are 5-6-7. For example, I'm am a core 6, my gut is 9, my heart is 3. You could either be a core 6, or a core 2. Your core motivation is to be examined here. Image types are concerned with how they are seen. 2s are the helpers. I can see how 2 may be confused with 6, considering 6 is a loyalist. But 6 is a head type... I'm less concerned with how I'm seen, I need to reduce my anxiety. Because I'm a six I'm more fixated on what's going on internally... now since my heart type is a 3, I'm focused on putting my best foot forward. A 2 seeks to help/assist. And that's veryvery basic.

But, the core type is the most innate, the one that is automatic. I had to do some soul searching to determine that I'm a 6. I thought I was a 9 initially - which was an aspect of it. But I wasn't tapping into my true internal nature, the things I denied most; my fear/anxiety.

Plus, if you sign up there are comparisons between types that can help you rule out which is which/ Descriptions of the Enneagram Types

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Twos "wear their hearts on their sleeves" and are openly warm and demonstrative about how they feel toward others. Sixes, by contrast, are often ambivalent about their feelings, frequently sending ambiguous, mixed signals to other people. As they deteriorate, average to unhealthy Twos become increasingly covert in their dealings with people, ultimately [...] concealing their true motives even from themselves. By contrast, average to unhealthy Sixes become wildly reactive (overreacting) and consciously confused about their feelings [...]
i think this is the biggest difference between my e2 mom and e6 me. when she's pressured, she gets almost 3ish in the way she deals with people - very smooth. when i'm pressured, i get a little icy at first, then i get angry and outbursting but quickly doubting my own anger. so she can be convinced that she's being helpful when she's actually just being self-serving, and i can be overly aggressive and then really regret it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think this is the biggest difference between my e2 mom and e6 me. when she's pressured, she gets almost 3ish in the way she deals with people - very smooth. when i'm pressured, i get a little icy at first, then i get angry and outbursting but quickly doubting my own anger. so she can be convinced that she's being helpful when she's actually just being self-serving, and i can be overly aggressive and then really regret it.
I burst out as well with regrets later too.. and I usually test as a 6 w 7 on enneagram tests.. but when I read the types I identified more with the 2 w 3.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I burst out as well with regrets later too.. and I usually test as a 6 w 7 on enneagram tests.. but when I read the types I identified more with the 2 w 3.
she does too eventually... it takes her longer to be pushed though... she gets sad first... i just get angry, lol. but tritype i'm guessing she's 2-9-7 and i'm 6-3-9.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts