Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep waking up with bites that turn into little scabs. I keep washing my sheets, always take out my trash and clean things. What should I do? At night I feel like things are biting me but I can't ever find anything.

·
Registered
still peronsality, still INTP
1,248 Posts
Can you take a photo of the scabs? The form of them might give us a clue.
Skin Photograph Green Mouth Product

Skin Joint Arm Leg Human body

If it's that persistent, it might be a flea. If this is ends up being the case, you will need to wash your mattress and buy their specific poison to fumigate all the place. If you have pets, they will need to be taken to the vet to get rid of the eggs, since fleas hide eggs in literally every corner. It's a bit tricky to eliminate them, but possible.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you take a photo of the scabs? The form of them might give us a clue.
View attachment 907587
View attachment 907588
If it's that persistent, it might be a flea. If this is ends up being the case, you will need to wash your mattress and buy their specific poison to fumigate all the place. If you have pets, they will need to be taken to the vet to get rid of the eggs, since fleas hide eggs in literally every corner. It's a bit tricky to eliminate them, but possible.
Well other housemate has a dog and the bites look like either spider or bedbugs. But I do keep finding spiders as they all gather outside our window and sneak in when anyone opens the door. I'm closest to the front door. They also very spread out so I guess from the picture I have spiders.

·
Registered
still peronsality, still INTP
1,248 Posts
Well other housemate has a dog and the bites look like either spider or bedbugs. But I do keep finding spiders as they all gather outside our window and sneak in when anyone opens the door. I'm closest to the front door. They also very spread out so I guess from the picture I have spiders.
Wow, that's unfortunate. That's not very common.
You could spray your window with a mix of water and alcohol or vinegar while you buy a poison. You can also check the type of spider you've got, just to be sure they're the cause. Most house spiders are either harmless or notoriously dangerous, so, to double-check.

·
Registered
5w6-4-1 intp
3,850 Posts
You might be in denial here, it's probably the bed bugs. Try getting rid of the spiders and see if that changes anything, get window screens seal up any holes. If the bites persist you might have bed bugs. I guess you could try eliminating them but I'm afraid you're probably gonna have to keep at it or get the whole place fumigated to really remove them. One thing to keep in mind is the way they got into your bedroom in the first place, and when you decide to move out make sure you don't bring any with you.

heres a video about removing bed bugs. pray its not bed bugs.
[video]

·
Registered
INTJ
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might be in denial here, it's probably the bed bugs. Try getting rid of the spiders and see if that changes anything, get window screens seal up any holes. If the bites persist you might have bed bugs. I guess you could try eliminating them but I'm afraid you're probably gonna have to keep at it or get the whole place fumigated to really remove them. One thing to keep in mind is the way they got into your bedroom in the first place, and when you decide to move out make sure you don't bring any with you.
How does one get them though? I deep cleaned the house when I moved in. Why would they appear now? Also I think the spiders been coming in cuase the weather changes. Also how did they get into the house? I don't go anywhere. Is it possible they were here when I moved in?

·
Registered
5w6-4-1 intp
3,850 Posts
How does one get them though? I deep cleaned the house when I moved in. Why would they appear now? Also I think the spiders been coming in cuase the weather changes. Also how did they get into the house? I don't go anywhere. Is it possible they were here when I moved in?
Yes they could've been there when you moved in. They hide in walls, floors, everywhere. They will infest belongings and furniture. I'd imagine just living in an urban area with a bed bug problem exposes you to them. In that case I would think that you can't really remove them but you should take steps to minimize the population. And in the video I just watched the guy shows you how to essentially make your bed into a fortress where no bed bug will get you.

You mentioned roommates. I'd blame the filthy roommate and their dog :cautious:

Spider bites are rare so I mean in this case if it is indeed a spider then halleluiah you've been spared.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Check the dog for fleas.

Bedbugs can leave a trail of tiny dried blood spots on sheets and mattress. If you find any you're really out of luck because they're very difficult to get rid of.

Quirky Turkey
600 Posts
Get an exterminator if you will. Exterminators have special equipment and chemicals that heat up the place with chemical liquid to exterminate pests. After that, make sure your place is clean and not attracting potential pests anymore.

·
Registered
INTP 683 sp/sx VLEF melancholic
17,877 Posts
Bed bugs like to focus the wrists and ankles because the skin there is thin.

·
Premium Member
INFP
6,189 Posts
Put your mattress in one of those mattress covers they sell for bugs. Helps narrow things down significantly.

Reactions: Echoe

·
Premium Member
INFP
6,189 Posts
I really really doubt it's spiders. I've been studying spiders for 15 years, they don't just walk around at night for humans to bite.

·
Registered
INTP 683 sp/sx VLEF melancholic
17,877 Posts
I really really doubt it's spiders. I've been studying spiders for 15 years, they don't just walk around at night for humans to bite.
animals can change. Owls started coming out during the day for example. Started hearing an owl hooting at noon o clock regularly at my old house.

·
Registered
INTP
8,454 Posts
I lived in a place where I got bitten by spiders every night. So did others. It was said that they were in the bed, and when you rolled around, it disturbed them and they bit. Most of the bites were abdomen and thighs. The bites were like 2 little holes (similar to bedbug bites, but they weren't bedbugs).

The spider eggs (white pellets) were in crevices in the walls. Getting rid of these helped. So did peppermint essential oil.

This was in southwestern Canada, across the border from the US northwest.

·
Administrator
25,128 Posts
Summer is a good time for fleas to breed and go on a biting spree. They breed under houses and in garden beds, and furniture. They can lay dormant for a while then come up and infest your bedding and your pets. We used to have to drop a flea bomb once a year at the old house when they start up again.

·
Premium Member
INFP
6,189 Posts
I lived in a place where I got bitten by spiders every night. So did others. It was said that they were in the bed, and when you rolled around, it disturbed them and they bit. Most of the bites were abdomen and thighs. The bites were like 2 little holes (similar to bedbug bites, but they weren't bedbugs).

The spider eggs (white pellets) were in crevices in the walls. Getting rid of these helped. So did peppermint essential oil.

This was in southwestern Canada, across the border from the US northwest.
Do you have a picture or a similar image you can show. Those really don’t sound like spiders.

Insect Arthropod Amber Organism Line

These are ticks, which people often mistaken for spiders because of the eight legs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts